Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    it's not even accurate to say Baez looked like a world beater to start the year. He was hitting about a buck fifty after the first 10ish games.

He's gone from brutal to incredible and now seemingly back to brutal.

I don't know why, but it still amazes me that when a guy like Baez gets hot, folks on here will swear up and down that everything has changed, whole new approach, problems solved, etc etc.

Nope. None of that. Just a garden variety hot steak. Same guy.
    Not sure anyone ever said everything has changed or problems were solved.

His approach has changed though, weird to keep ignoring that much.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not sure anyone ever said everything has changed or problems were solved.

His approach has changed though, weird to keep ignoring that much.
    Baez currently sporting a career high Oswing of over 46%. Highest in all of MLB (min 100 PA).

What's that phrase? The more things change, the more they stay the same?

Javier Baez is really the Cub people want to pick on? Lol

Him and KB have carried this offense so far. Kyle and Almora have been solid. Other than that, a whole lot of meh.

Frustrating as this team can be and current is, I still believe in the end they will win close to 94 games, while teams like the Braves will fade down the stretch. Just got to be patient that this team can and will take off.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsInBuffalo View Post
    Javier Baez is really the Cub people want to pick on? Lol

Him and KB have carried this offense so far. Kyle and Almora have been solid. Other than that, a whole lot of meh.
    I donít like to pick on him, I just donít like him as s player. I think heís overrated and too many love him. A guy whose onbase % is 301 for the year hasnít been carrying us. Even if he hits 40 bombs (doubt he does) but his OBP is 300 I still donít want him on my team. He carried us for a stretch, thatís about it. I wanted the cubs to trade Baez and/or Happ in the offseason, to me right now it looks like that would have been wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Frustrating as this team can be and current is, I still believe in the end they will win close to 94 games, while teams like the Braves will fade down the stretch. Just got to be patient that this team can and will take off.
    I agree 94 wins sounds about right for the cubs, I donít like when we loose, but Iím not worried or that frustrated. Itís baseball, not all good teams start out hot, but the cream rises and weíre definitely the cream.

I do think the braves have a good shot to be at least a wild card team, they seem solid to me. I like there squad

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    I donít like to pick on him, I just donít like him as s player. I think heís overrated and too many love him. A guy whose onbase % is 301 for the year hasnít been carrying us. Even if he hits 40 bombs (doubt he does) but his OBP is 300 I still donít want him on my team. He carried us for a stretch, thatís about it. I wanted the cubs to trade Baez and/or Happ in the offseason, to me right now it looks like that would have been wise.

I think Javy is just a polarizing player. Some love him and some hate him. Me, personally, I like the guy. But I do know he is what he is. He is going to be great at times and other times look like he has no idea at the plate. The point is if you can give the team a .270 to .275 average with slugging over 450 to maybe even .500 and play good defense as well as play the total game as well as any one in the game (and better than most) I am fine with him. I think the issue with him is the large gap in opinions on him. The guys that love him overstate him as a player and the guys that hate him always look to his negative. He is what he is, and with all his warts he is still a very solid player.

I agree 94 wins sounds about right for the cubs, I donít like when we loose, but Iím not worried or that frustrated. Itís baseball, not all good teams start out hot, but the cream rises and weíre definitely the cream.

I do think the braves have a good shot to be at least a wild card team, they seem solid to me. I like there squad
    Agree with entire post.

Why do you care so much about which players on the team other people like?

Saying you don't want Baez on the team is silly given how much value he's provided the team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Why do you care so much about which players on the team other people like?

Saying you don't want Baez on the team is silly given how much value he's provided the team this year.
    Bc he has/had a lot of trade value. If we would have traded him last offseason for a SP we could have saved money on Chatwood or DArvish, which might have helped us getting Harper or MM next offseason. Thatís my main reason. But yea in a vaccum Baez is a valuable player and I guess I do what him on my team.

Bc he has/had a lot of trade value. If we would have traded him last offseason for a SP we could have saved money on Chatwood or DArvish, which might have helped us getting Harper or MM next offseason. Thatís my main reason. But yea in a vaccum Baez is a valuable player and I guess I do what him on my team.
    I do not think Chatwood or Darvish will hinder the Cubs from going after Harper or MM. I think they go after Harper and if they get him they will live with the luxury tax.

Heyman reporting that Machado is ďthe Cubs top trade deadline targetĒ

Take it FWIW

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

Take it FWIW
    If we trade Addy for 1 yr of MM, Iíll be very sad. Even if we trade Baez for MM I will not be happy. Hypothetically if we traded Baez for MM, how would that even work? Put MM at 2nd base? Or put him at 3rd and KB in RF?

I just canít believe MM is a realistic target. If I had to guess I think he goes to the Dodgers.

Ya I can admit I have a tendancy to fall in love with our own guys, but unless you are telling me we lock MM up for years after this, then that trade is horrific. Again offense is not this teams issue and to me going forward even with injuries will not be this teams issue. I get there is no external options to update SP roster, but that is absolutely where every ounce of focus should be.

Now with that said, I do believe the FO is all aboard MM cause he is generational talent and they are also not oblivious that offense is not our weak point. My hope is they are doing so with intent to lock him up and not think this is somehow comparable to what we did when we traded for Chapman. This is completely different. The 16 team hands down needed Chapman to get to and win that WS. IMHO he makes us better, but we don't go period without a change in our current pitching issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

Take it FWIW
    Sure hope this is not correct. NO INTEREST AT THE COST I AM SEEING

Page 38 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast