Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 121 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1808
    Are you guys buying Adam Conley as a potential multi-inning lefty relief pitcher like a poor man’s Miller/Hader/Hand? His stuff seems to be much improved this season and he’s been good, but it’s only 22ip.

Another guy who could probably be had is Zack Wheeler if Thor and Degrom are out of the cost range.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Another guy who could probably be had is Zack Wheeler if Thor and Degrom are out of the cost range.
    Already discussed while you were too cool to respond to messages.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

All the constant bringing up names of Met pitchers makes one realize how volatile pitching really is in the league.

To think at one point that rotation of Harvey, Degrom, Thor, Wheeler could have been one of the best rotations in a LOONNNGGG time as every one of them was ACE type dominate at one point except maybe Wheeler who was still well on his way to that type.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Already discussed while you were too cool to respond to messages.
    well ****

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

A lot of twitter talk about the Brewers looking like the best fit for Machado. Doesn’t look like the Dodgers will trade any of their top prospects for Machado and the Brewers seem like a better fit at the moment. Burnes / Ortiz / Phillips getting mentioned. Nothing close from what I read . Machado would be a huge huge upgrade over Arcia for them.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Wonder what Eovaldi would cost. He's a rental, so can't be too much. Still, not sure we could afford him. It's another one of those guys I don't wanna move Happ for but I don't know if we could get him for a Caratini-led package.
    I don’t think the Rays will get anything near Ian Happ for Eovaldi.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I doubt a team who is looking for rotation help trades a guy in their rotation. Especially a guy they are counting on to be good. You are right, however. He has been bad.
    More of me hoping they give up on him and trade him to us and he regains his stuff and wins 5 cy young.
    #FreeYags #FreeGato #FreeCubsstuckinstl #FreeCubbieSteve.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme" Isn't a Jeffy a cigarette?

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    A lot of twitter talk about the Brewers looking like the best fit for Machado. Doesn’t look like the Dodgers will trade any of their top prospects for Machado and the Brewers seem like a better fit at the moment. Burnes / Ortiz / Phillips getting mentioned. Nothing close from what I read . Machado would be a huge huge upgrade over Arcia for them.
    Milwaukee should go for it. They’ve got guys like Phillips and Santana that are blocked anyway and trading Burnes or woodruff isn’t that big of a deal. They don’t seem sold that Arica is the long term SS anymore. He’s a great defender, but he hasn’t been able to hit yet.

Hopefully, if it happens, the cost is high. I think I’d rather see him in MKE than on the Dodgers.

I hope Theo makes a trade and goes for it again this year.

Really don't want to be in a situation where a one-game playoff is needed.

And it seems like the two best teams in the NL are Milwaukee and Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Milwaukee should go for it. They’ve got guys like Phillips and Santana that are blocked anyway and trading Burnes or woodruff isn’t that big of a deal. They don’t seem sold that Arica is the long term SS anymore. He’s a great defender, but he hasn’t been able to hit yet.

Hopefully, if it happens, the cost is high. I think I’d rather see him in MKE than on the Dodgers.
    I couldn't image machado resigning with them either.

I do think machado would resign with the cubs

Quote Originally Posted by chicago jack View Post
    I couldn't image machado resigning with them either.
    No shot they keep him. This is a CC like rental for them.

The thing is that one of the biggest reasons why the Brewers are winning is their defense. If the Cubs aren’t the best defensive team in MLB, Milwaukee is. Looking at their stats, you’d expect pitching regression anyway, but they currently rate as one of the best teams in MLB at SS defense and Machado rates as the worst. His offense will more than offset that of course, but the defensive downgrade could have an impact on their 2nd half pitching if they get MM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I hope Theo makes a trade and goes for it again this year.

Really don't want to be in a situation where a one-game playoff is needed.

And it seems like the two best teams in the NL are Milwaukee and Chicago.
    There's not really anything the Cubs have to trade to "go for it" though. The best chip is Happ, and truthfully, the team probably needs him as insurance (as I stated in another thread...exactly which minor league player, at literally, any position, are you comfortable with starting on this team if someone is hurt?) at many positions. And he's really showing some signs of being a useful ball player. At that, I don't think he's realistically going to headline much of a deal, still.

I'd rather not be in a one-game-play-in, either. But I also don't know where there's a realistic big trade to make to go for it.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago jack View Post
    I do think machado would resign with the cubs
    I think at this point, I don't think Machado is going to "resign" with anyone in the traditional sense. Like, I'd be shocked if he signed any extension with any team before he hits the FA market and gets a market-value deal. So could I see Machado wanting to eventually sign a contract with the Cubs? Sure. I think we make the most sense for many free agents: we're good, are likely to be good going forward, have a cool city to live in, and we have the money. But I don't think he's going to sign anything before he gets to be a FA, with us.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.