Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't care much about this topic but would put my estimate somewhere in the 10/$325MM range.
    Same AAV as me above. Depends on opt-outs of course.

With his age though, I can see an extremely long term contract offer just to land him.

If no opt-outs, and if he was willing to limit himself to say, 8ish years, I can see him approaching 40 AAV.

If I were Bryce I'd say give me 5/200. No need to lock anything in for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Can you imagine?

1. Cosart - 2B
    2. Ohtani - DH
    3. Trout - CF
    4. Harper - RF
    5. Upton - LF
    6. Pujols - 1B
    7. Simmons - SS
    8. Valbuena - 3B
    9. Maldonado - C

Pujols DH's on Ohtani's off days.

That outfield is on another level.

any lineup that inserts Harper in the 4 spot just became one of the best in baseball though.
    Jesus I really hope they improve 3b by that point. I still can't believe they didn't bother Signing Moustakas all things considered.

I know it's a lot of money....but it's not MY money.
    If that line up could swap in maybe Moustakas at 3rd, and Yasmani Grandal behind the plate along with Harper, jeeeeze all they'll need is competent consistent pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Like, Happ and Schwarber
    Yeesh, while replacing Heyward for Harper would be an improvement, I'm not sure it's enough of an improvement to justify loosing Happ and Schwarber too.
    The problem with a move like this is Harper CAN'T get hurt otherwise it'll be impossible for this move to provide more value than just standing pat.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Jesus I really hope they improve 3b by that point. I still can't believe they didn't bother Signing Moustakas all things considered.

I know it's a lot of money....but it's not MY money.
    If that line up could swap in maybe Moustakas at 3rd, and Yasmani Grandal behind the plate along with Harper, jeeeeze all they'll need is competent consistent pitching.
    All they need is consistent pitching right now. This is already a wildcard team.

edit wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    The gate to my world has a sign that says, “No Basketball”.

aren’t we sharing our opinions? To which I made mine clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yankee fans were certain Otani was going to be a yankee, then he went to the Angels, which no one saw coming, time for that to happen again!

He'll def top Stanton's contract. And if he keeps up this level of play. I'd wager and say someone gives him a 12 year deal estimated at $420 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    This sounds like how Yankee fans were so certain Ohtani was going to be A Yankee. Point being, no one can predict or say a certain team is a “favorite”.

Bingo
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    If I were Bryce I'd say give me 5/200. No need to lock anything in for a decade.
    He'll probably get the best of both worlds. He'll get a huge $400 mil deal, but an opt out after 5 years or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    He'll probably get the best of both worlds. He'll get a huge $400 mil deal, but an opt out after 5 years or so.
    He'll probably have multiple opt outs and if I was him I would ask any team to frontload my deal so I can make a ton of money before opting out at 28 or 29.

Yeah, a perfect Harper contract is something like 13/$425

2018 - $40
    2019 - $40
    Opt-out
    Then it slowly decelerates over the years until it's a smaller deal in the back end, and he can get out of the deal if he manages to improve somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    This sounds like how Yankee fans were so certain Ohtani was going to be A Yankee. Point being, no one can predict or say a certain team is a “favorite”.

Some Yankees fans are stuck back in 2000, where no other team spends big money. That advantage has been minimized over the years
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

the yankees

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast