Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bryce Harper Best Fits in Free Agency

Jon Heyman (not always the brightest) gave his listing of the best 8 suitors for Harper this off-season.

Money, fit, win-now curve, etc.

Where does Harper fit the best and where is he most likely to end up?

https://www.fanragsports.com/nationa...harper-market/

His 8

1. Dodgers
    2. Nationals
    3. Phillies
    4. Giants
    5. Braves
    6. Cubs
    7. Yankees
    8. Red Sox

I don't know that there is another team that would be a good match outside of this list.

The Dodgers, Yankees, and Red Sox have enough money clearing payroll and have dropped below the luxury tax threshold that this could be an actual possibility.

The Giants might need to tear down and rebuild, but they have the ability to line it up.

Nationals have the loyalty feel, desire to keep him at all costs, and are a great team any way. But they are starting to have some age in their core players.

Cubs have a loaded roster, and could probably fit him in, even if it's not a position of any real need, though, upgrading over Heyward is a possibility.

Phillies and Braves are interesting. Both rosters are up and coming, they should have the payroll to fit him in long term, but it really depends how 2018 shapes up for their young players and if Harper wants to be the exclamation point to their rosters.

Thoughts?

Cubs
    Dodgers
    Yanks

In that order.

Nobody else has a shot. Superteam era. He will choose one of those 3 if he leaves.

Mets will sign him!

Book it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by natsbats View Post
    Cubs
    Dodgers
    Yanks

In that order.

Nobody else has a shot. Superteam era. He will choose one of those 3 if he leaves.
    Cubs
    Yanks
    Dodgers

I would say that order. I don't see a major difference with the Cubs and Yankees either. I would imagine that the Cubs would have to move Heyward to take on the Harper contract. The Yankees know that they are going to have to sign there homegrown players in the near future as well.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Personally, I think he remains with the Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Cubs
    Yanks
    Dodgers

I would say that order. I don't see a major difference with the Cubs and Yankees either. I would imagine that the Cubs would have to move Heyward to take on the Harper contract. The Yankees know that they are going to have to sign there homegrown players in the near future as well.
    That's an impossibility. They'd have to send significant cash out to do it. He is owed 5/$106M after 2018 and has no trade protection too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That's an impossibility. They'd have to send significant cash out to do it. He is owed 5/$106M after 2018 and has no trade protection too.
    For Harper the Cubs would find a way to clear space. Any club I would imagine would do so.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    For Harper the Cubs would find a way to clear space. Any club I would imagine would do so.
    Sure, I'm just stating nobody wants Heyward and his $106M after this year. They'd have to pay like 60-70 to get rid of him at this point (unless he can seriously rebound).

I still can't believe how badly he has regressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Jon Heyman (not always the brightest) gave his listing of the best 8 suitors for Harper this off-season.

Money, fit, win-now curve, etc.

Where does Harper fit the best and where is he most likely to end up?

https://www.fanragsports.com/nationa...harper-market/

His 8

1. Dodgers
    2. Nationals
    3. Phillies
    4. Giants
    5. Braves
    6. Cubs
    7. Yankees
    8. Red Sox

I don't know that there is another team that would be a good match outside of this list.

The Dodgers, Yankees, and Red Sox have enough money clearing payroll and have dropped below the luxury tax threshold that this could be an actual possibility.

The Giants might need to tear down and rebuild, but they have the ability to line it up.

Nationals have the loyalty feel, desire to keep him at all costs, and are a great team any way. But they are starting to have some age in their core players.

Cubs have a loaded roster, and could probably fit him in, even if it's not a position of any real need, though, upgrading over Heyward is a possibility.

Phillies and Braves are interesting. Both rosters are up and coming, they should have the payroll to fit him in long term, but it really depends how 2018 shapes up for their young players and if Harper wants to be the exclamation point to their rosters.

Thoughts?
    The Angels would be another good match, they could just put him in RF. Trade Calhoun for some pitching.

I think the Phillies are going to be the team who gets him. They have a ton of spending cash with their tv deal and he's a nice piece to add to a rebuilding roster.

The Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs all kind of make sense because each team is looking to get under the luxury tax but I dont see any of those teams giving Harper 400 million dollars. The Cubs are already projected to be near the luxury tax in 2019 as well and no way Heyward opts out of his deal to give them more room to sign Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    The Angels would be another good match, they could just put him in RF. Trade Calhoun for some pitching.
    Would be perfect, then move Upton to DH on non-Othani days once Pujols expires and Adell is ready to take LF

Although, super douches havenít fared so well with scioscia and the angels (Guillen, Hamilton, dipoto lol) so idk about Bryce. a super talent like that is hard to pass up tho
    Last edited by kj_maestro; 04-07-2018 at 11:24 PM.

I highly doubt the Nationals re-sign him. There is nothing to indicate that they will give him near his asking price, especially when they are deferring salaries on a lot of their recent acquisitions/re-signings.

He's going to the Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think the Phillies are going to be the team who gets him. They have a ton of spending cash with their tv deal and he's a nice piece to add to a rebuilding roster.

The Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs all kind of make sense because each team is looking to get under the luxury tax but I dont see any of those teams giving Harper 400 million dollars. The Cubs are already projected to be near the luxury tax in 2019 as well and no way Heyward opts out of his deal to give them more room to sign Harper.
    Cubs are gonna be repeat offenders after they go over this off-season. They probably want to stay in that 1st penalty though, if possible. But that penalty is relatively miniscule.

I think if they end up offering some nice MLB talent along with Heyward, they can move that contract. Still have to eat about 10m per season though.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Phillies are getting Harper and Machado.

Then they will have JP Crawford, Nick Williams, Doobie/AA, Haseley, Moniak, plus fill-in pitchers in their system to go and acquire some more pitching.

Harper, Machado, Hoskins, Kingery, Doobie/AA, Santana, Franco (if he stays on his current pace and actually produces), Alfaro/Catcher would be one hell of a line-up!

But seriously I think the Phillies get one of those two but will certainly try for both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast