Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: Tom Thibodeau

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    This has been discussed here before. My issue with the "new" game is that Towns has such an advantage in the post when he is there why doesn't he play in the pit more often. The small ball is fine but NBA has always been about matchups and he has a clear advantage most nights in there and has been hanging out behind the three point line. Dumb. I am okay with him out there from time to time but he NEEDS to stay down low and punish guys. That being said he looked soft in the playoffs so hopefully he finds LeBrons Navy Seal and gets his body right.
    If Thibs and the players would have gotten him the ball, he wouldn't have looked as soft. There were some crazy stats that showed how he was ignored by guys playing hero ball.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    74,392
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Used to be a toss up...KAT and Wiggins, or Embiid and Simmons.

    No question now though.
    again, there has never been a question (since the moment Embiid played an NBA game) regarding talent between the 2 big men, and Simmons hadn't played a game yet. So yes, a year ago we were the young core everyone wanted. If we would have kept Lavine/Dunn, and had a different coach, I am positive it would still be Embiid/Simmons now.

    All I mean is Philly is in a better spot even if we removed the variables we are all crapping on. But, we both agree we are in a worse spot potentially than we should have been right now.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    74,392
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiststeve View Post
    This has been discussed here before. My issue with the "new" game is that Towns has such an advantage in the post when he is there why doesn't he play in the pit more often. The small ball is fine but NBA has always been about matchups and he has a clear advantage most nights in there and has been hanging out behind the three point line. Dumb. I am okay with him out there from time to time but he NEEDS to stay down low and punish guys. That being said he looked soft in the playoffs so hopefully he finds LeBrons Navy Seal and gets his body right.
    agreed man. And furthermore, if Thib's is going to employ 2 traditional big men in the starting lineup, at least use the single matchup advantage it creates. But, he doesn't. Instead we watch Butler go 1 on 5, or Teague dribble the air out of the ball while we ackwardly watch him do a PnR with Gibson, the least threatening scorer on our roster...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    agreed man. And furthermore, if Thib's is going to employ 2 traditional big men in the starting lineup, at least use the single matchup advantage it creates. But, he doesn't. Instead we watch Butler go 1 on 5, or Teague dribble the air out of the ball while we ackwardly watch him do a PnR with Gibson, the least threatening scorer on our roster...
    You forgot to mention that Wiggins led the team in FGA's.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    74,392
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    You forgot to mention that Wiggins led the team in FGA's.
    I know dude. it's incredible. Just incredible. This past season made me really question just running with advanced stats like they are gospel. We had the 4th rated offense in the league. Um, no way in hell we had the 4th best offense. We had a few factors that elevated the advanced numbers is all.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    2,002
    I seriously think we would've been better off just keeping Sam Mitchell. Rubio and Lavine could still be playing here, and I imagine we would draft Jamal Murray, since he was younger than Dunn or Hield.

    Also, Maarkanen next year.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I seriously think we would've been better off just keeping Sam Mitchell. Rubio and Lavine could still be playing here, and I imagine we would draft Jamal Murray, since he was younger than Dunn or Hield.

    Also, Maarkanen next year.
    And we would have won 29 games and missed the playoffs again.... stop it!

    We are in a good place. It's okay guys to actually win games.... I know it is hard to take being good but accept it. We will likely again win around 50 games or more.....

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    I seriously think we would've been better off just keeping Sam Mitchell. Rubio and Lavine could still be playing here, and I imagine we would draft Jamal Murray, since he was younger than Dunn or Hield.

    Also, Maarkanen next year.
    I liked/like Mitchell as a guy, but I absolutely hated that period he was here.

    Close to the angriest I've ever been as a Wolves fan was the first half of that 15-16 season when he would sit in post-match interviews complaining that we couldn't hit jump shots. And then he'd start and play 49-year-old Tayshaun Prince 30 minutes a night and sit LaVine on the end of the bench.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,105
    Guessing most have read but..... article on Tib's....

    http://www.startribune.com/say-what-...ack/487507111/

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,103
    Interesting that there are reports of Taylor seemingly regretting the decision to let Thibs be coach and have full control of basketball operations. That he is worried about the culture Thibs and Layden are building. Valid concern. Think about a league veteran in Crawford speaking out about his dislike being here. Look at how some players spoke out last year about it including Teague and Tyus. Issues between KAT and Jimmy.

    Thibs has turned the most promising team in the NBA into an 8th seed who got swept and is seemingly heading in the wrong direction. Especially if this meeting between Butler and Thibs does not go well on Monday.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    8,890
    Glen Taylor is a terrible owner. For too many reasons to list out in full he needs to go before anything changes, imo.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •