Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

So, whats your take so far?

For me, it's about what's to be expected. We are going to be a less talented team that can't afford to make mistakes and so far, we are making mistakes. One pitch here, a batter there, an error over there, just keep popping up at the wrong times. We have been in these games but just don't have the talent to over come that one mistake.

I like that we have been competitive so far but I really don't like that we just can't hit, I mean hit at all. I think Machado so far has shown he will be serviceable at the plate and he is getting doubles which means he's driving the ball....that's a good thing with him. One thing I thought we would see is more base stealing and that hasn't been the case yet. We are going to need to generate runs and stealing bases and moving runners is one of the things Gordy is going to have to improve on very soon, IMO.

The big thing driving me batty right now is the selfish hitters. I have seen more shifts on our batters than I can ever remember and NONE of them has yet to even try to hit the other way. Not even an attempt. That to me is a huge piece of BS. If they are truly team players and want to help in future at bats they would at least try to hit opposite of the shift. Hell, even a bunt the other way....yea Jeimer should be able to bunt, would help ease the shift the next time. Instead we just continue to ground out into the extra guy. It's really ridiculous and I can't believe Gardy hasn't addressed that yet.

Overall, it's to be expected but they sure could help themselves by cleaning up some of the items above and finding some reliable relief pitching. I said early in the off season, it's sink or swim for Buck and VerHagen, so far they are sinking.

They haven't even played a good team yet. Wait till they play the Indians, Yankees, or Red Sox.

They look really bad but being only 5 games in is hard for me to say for sure. I do like how Boyd looked against KC and like Candy at 3B.

Starting pitching looks okay which is something I expected. Everything else is trash...which I expected. So...eh. I guess we are about where we should be. leading the tank effort early!

Yeah I came into this season expecting to be horrible, like 50 wins horrible, so this is pretty much the start I figured

Expecting last, hoping for first.

So, much better showing in Chicago with more aggressiveness on the base paths and Gardy seems to be figuring out the pen as well. One watch out for, Iggy and Mahtook better start to produce because Gerber and Lugo are doing really well in the start of the Toledo season. I think Gerber is up before people think. The kid is a ball player, pure and simple. He would make a world of difference starting in LF ahead of Mahtook, who btw, I mentioned could be one of those fall back guys. He never hit like he did last year in the minors or MLB so it was always a very good possibility he came back to reality. I really hope he turns it around, cause I like the kid, but don't hold your breath.

Iggy isnít going anywhere. They need to hold out hope he turns it around and gains trade value.

I'll bump my prediction up to 55 wins

Man it the Tigers were able to keep JV, Scherzer, and Price together that would have been so much fun to watch.

Im playing some nerd simulation game on my iPad. Its actually a pretty awesome game.

Anyways, its so painful running the Tigers. No matter what I do, I cant unload Zimmermann or Cabrera. Castellanos blows (and he just got injured for 2 months), McCann is hitting .180 and even Fulmer is getting lit up. I'm 4-11 to start the year. My only good player is Shane Greene.

Out Of The Park baseball '18 if anyone wants to experience the pain of running the Tigers.

That game works on the iPad? I used to love OOTP and was one of the people that brought it over here with BMD and Po.

I had never heard of it before. But I used to play this when I was a kid, so I thought I'd give the new one a try.

Ok NERDS! (Lol) We held our own against the Indians in game one so lets keep our fingers crossed. I see my buddy Buck Farmer, the one that seems to wet himself when he has to pitch to major leaguers, is hurt now. time to call up Jonny Barbato. Remember this is sink or swim for Buck and VerHagen. Seems VH has stepped up and Farmer is stepping down.

I have honestly never heard of Jonny Barbato.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast