Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 141
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,383
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    You still need to add a dynamic wr to that pair. They both run good routes and have good hands, but you still need someone to stretch the field so create room for then to operate. Goff really struggled against any legitimate defense and it was basically the Todd Gurley show. They overpaid a bit for sure, but a necessary move if they plan to be a legitimate SB contender.
    I agree with all this but I still just think if they wanted someone that could stretch the field, they coulda gotten it another, more cheap way and used that 1st on a bigger hole. Cooks is good, but I don't think he's elite. They essentially now have 3 good young wide receivers now, none are true #1 receivers imo.

    The rams offense was very good last year, the defense was streaky. Yes, they've added suh but I think they should seriously look into acquiring a safety and 1 or 2 linebackers for that defense.


    I think they definitely improved with this trade, but I think they could have put themselves in a better long term situation if they just simply added depth at wide receiver that could stretch the field. They could then target safety or linebacker with that 1st round draft pick that fills another hole.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,383
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Let's not forget Lamarcus Joyner, Top 2 safety last season IMO. He's someone I'd love the Eagles to sign if he hits the open market in 2019 (replacing Rodney McLeod).


    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,383
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Last year the Patriots traded #32 and #103 for Cooks and #118. Now they trade Cooks with #135 for #23 and one of LA's 4 6th rounders (not sure which). And in between there they got a good year out of Cooks at a cheap rookie contract rate.

    So you really can't argue with the value vs. value out. The Cooks trade was great for NE in that sense. But then you have to consider where this leaves them now. NE was kind of tight against the cap so clearing Cooks $8M salary solves that. Should give them some room to pursue value signings like LB Jon Cassilas who'd be a nice add.

    At WR, this leaves NE with Edelman/Hogan/Mitchell/Patterson/Britt/Dorsett. Honestly, considering they have a #1 target at TE, that isn't that bad IF Edelman bounces back and IF Mitchell is recovered from his knee injury that he missed last year with. Unfortunately, neither is a given. So now the depth chart lacks at the top, despite being pretty deep overall.

    Also have to consider the future. Hogan, Patterson, Britt, Dorsett are all FAs after the year and Cooks was set to be in that group. And Edelman/Mitchell were set for FA the next year. Cooks was likely to be too expensive for them. So, the way I see it, this gives them an opportunity to add a young receiver in the draft with one of those 5 top 100 picks to layer the depth chart a little better. I'd plan on keeping 6 WRs (not including Slater since he's STs only) as follows:

    1) Edelman 2) Hogan 3) Mitchell 4) (Top 100 Pick) 5/6) 2 of Patterson, Britt and Dorsett

    If Mitchell seems all the way back you might not need to keep 2 of that last group. Patterson seems to have the edge in that last group because of return and special teams ability but not a given.
    I really like the trade for the patriots. They essentially got a 1 year rental for free. Basically just turned pick #32 of 2017 into pick #23 just a year later.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,141
    Don't hate this trade. Think it could really pay off for the Rams

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,136
    Quote Originally Posted by tucksoe View Post
    Dez Bryant
    No thanks.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Trade for Jimmy G
    Brilliant!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,750
    Lol why does Cooks keeps getting traded? Is he a problem in the lockerroom or something?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,852
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Last year the Patriots traded #32 and #103 for Cooks and #118. Now they trade Cooks with #135 for #23 and one of LA's 4 6th rounders (not sure which). And in between there they got a good year out of Cooks at a cheap rookie contract rate.

    So you really can't argue with the value vs. value out. The Cooks trade was great for NE in that sense. But then you have to consider where this leaves them now. NE was kind of tight against the cap so clearing Cooks $8M salary solves that. Should give them some room to pursue value signings like LB Jon Cassilas who'd be a nice add.

    At WR, this leaves NE with Edelman/Hogan/Mitchell/Patterson/Britt/Dorsett. Honestly, considering they have a #1 target at TE, that isn't that bad IF Edelman bounces back and IF Mitchell is recovered from his knee injury that he missed last year with. Unfortunately, neither is a given. So now the depth chart lacks at the top, despite being pretty deep overall.

    Also have to consider the future. Hogan, Patterson, Britt, Dorsett are all FAs after the year and Cooks was set to be in that group. And Edelman/Mitchell were set for FA the next year. Cooks was likely to be too expensive for them. So, the way I see it, this gives them an opportunity to add a young receiver in the draft with one of those 5 top 100 picks to layer the depth chart a little better. I'd plan on keeping 6 WRs (not including Slater since he's STs only) as follows:

    1) Edelman 2) Hogan 3) Mitchell 4) (Top 100 Pick) 5/6) 2 of Patterson, Britt and Dorsett

    If Mitchell seems all the way back you might not need to keep 2 of that last group. Patterson seems to have the edge in that last group because of return and special teams ability but not a given.
    I've seen it reported that the Patriots are interested in Jordan Matthews, who I think would be a really good fit. That would be another guy to dominate the middle of the field, which will be essential if you can't get any good offensive tackles, and Matthews is different enough from Edelman to create mismatches. He will probably come recommended by Chip Kelly, an old buddy of Belichick. (Like Eric Rowe, Matt Tobin.)
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-04-2018 at 08:02 AM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17,357
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Lol why does Cooks keeps getting traded? Is he a problem in the lockerroom or something?
    I think its a what you see is what you get type of thing.


    PAPI SMASH!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,104
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    I think its a what you see is what you get type of thing.
    He looked really good last year, and the year before.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    44,136
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    He looked really good last year, and the year before.
    He makes a lot of mistakes.

    Lack of effort, misunderstanding where to be

    Very fast, but not able to cut or increase speed to be where he needs

    Not physically strong. Seemed to drop a few more passes than he should given how he got his hands on the ball.

    Good stats, but, I watched him constantly last year, going from excited to have him to being fairly disappointed in him.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

    Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    32,707
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I've seen it reported that the Patriots are interested in Jordan Matthews, who I think would be a really good fit. That would be another guy to dominate the middle of the field, which will be essential if you can't get any good offensive tackles, and Matthews' different enough from Edelman to create mismatches. He will probably come recommended by Chip Kelly, an old buddy of Belichick. (Like Eric Rowe, Matt Tobin.)
    I agree that he'd be a nice fit. Issue is I expect him to be more of a one year thing. I want to layer the depth chart out a bit like I said. So I'd look at him more in the Patterson/Britt/Dorsett grouping. Though I mentioned that we'd keep 2 of those 3 and Matthews is someone I think could make himself a lock and bump that group down to competing for one spot.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    40,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    This is the first thing for the Rams I don't like as much from this year.
    https://www.rt.com/sport/422985-nfl-...-cheerleaders/

    Umm first thing lol?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    20,383
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Wtf is this.. Hahahaha

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,399
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Same. It's not even that I don't like it. I'm just very "Meh" towards it.
    Only one year left for a first for a guy who isn't a stud number one but will still cost a lot... I get they seemingly are going all in I guess though.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •