Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    If the celtics flameout in r1. I think they make the move

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    If the celtics flameout in r1. I think they make the move
    I don't think how they perform in the playoffs without their top 2 players will affect whether they do or don't do anything.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    They're not going to offer nearly what you think they will. Good try, good effort. You'll see.
    I don't think we will see, because either Kawhi won't be traded or someone's going to offer up a 1a player and the Spurs will look to extend LaMarcus' window. No matter how good you think Tatum and Brown are, they are not ready to carry a contender.

Tatum or Brown will 100% have to be included. If they don't, other teams will easily be able to beat that offer (assuming it also doesn't involve Kyrie or Hayward).

Being a Bulls fan, I wouldn't mad to see them offer LaVine, Portis, and either the Pels pick or our own to get it done, granted Kawhi was signing long term with us.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think this is the best course of action considering they've yet to see significant amounts of Kyrie/Hayward/Horford as their key players.

If I were you guys I would find a way to retain Smart. Maybe move on from Morris (I'm not sure how he's been for you guys TBH). Bring back one of Baynes/Monroe. One of them not both.

Kyrie - Rosier
    Brown - Smart
    Hayward - FA
    Tatum - Yobu/Ojele
    Horford - Monroe/Baynes

If you want some more bench firepower you start one of Yobu/Semi and bring Tatum off the bench as a 3/4. Or retain Morris, and start him. Reason I went with trade Morris out is so you can keep smart and offset that cost some. I think the RoCo contract is a good cap for Ainge to use for Smart. About $13-14 mil per.

But I'm going to be 100& honest here:
    I wouldn't be 100% sure Kyrie get's retained past this contract. I know that sounds very hot take. But he's injury prone with knee issues, who's defense has declined through the season, who will be 27, opting out and looking for the max. I'm not sure Ainge (I wouldn't in his case) would give out a max contract in Kyrie's case.
    Honestly, I think Smart bet on himself this year to get a big RFA deal and it blew up in his face. He had a massive shooting slump, hurt his hand punching a mirror, and then hurt his thumb (albeit on a 100% balls to the wall effort play that basically defines him). I'm honestly not sure he gets much more than $10 mil per annually and since there isn't a ton of cap space out there this summer, I'm not sure many teams will be offering a ton for him. There's a legit chance he could play for RFA tender.

Morris is what he is but he's been pretty awesome the past month or so. Ainge won that trade as well by trading Bradley. And considering he only make like $6 mil next year, he's probably a good candidate to stay as 6th man type of guy off the bench.

I agree about Baynes/Morris. I think the C's will use their full MLE to retain Monroe who's been pretty great off the bench for the Cs.

I think they'll make moves to improve certain areas but they legit have 6 rookies on the roster this year which they have spent developing. Getting Hayward back basically the equivalent of a new signing. They are adding a top 20-25ish type player to the fold which is huge. Other than that, I think they pretty much run back the same team, expect improvement from the young guys, and make some minor tweaks. Not expecting any fireworks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'd hate to see em go but BI 100% gets spurs on the phone. Just like tatum gets emon the phone
    It's just a matter of who the spurs would rather have and which team would sweeten the pot more.

Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    They're not going to offer nearly what you think they will. Good try, good effort. You'll see.
    sigh... it doesn't matter what I think they would offer...

your proposal back in the beginning was beyond ridiculous

If I'm the Lakers and Kawhi is already likely leaving the Spurs, I let him go. You don't trade away Ingram for a rental. Does Kawhi like the spotlight? The constant media? That would definitely be a huge decision for him, right? Brandon Ingram has massive potential. You would need Kawhi's assurance he would stay and in today's time, it's impossible to get confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

Fans always overrate their own assets. Just look at the post above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Ingram 100% would be on the phone, stop lol

I do agree with your previous posts as a Sixer, cannot give up Simmons/Embiid.

I do think Fultz or Saric would be available + fillers. Adding one of the best 2aay players in the game to that young nucleus would make you title contenders for the next 5 (healthy) easy.
    i wouldnt give up BI/Ball or Kuzma if I am being honest unless I got PG13 first. If I could trade BI and Kuzma for KL after I got PG or Cousins then I would... I hate ball but I wouldnt trade ball if i could get KL because ball could do more with KL OR cousins then BI and Kuz could.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    If he leaves the Spurs. Damn, his uncle must have some real influence on him. How do you bail on a world class organization that has the track record, coaching and management that they currently do?

Its a world class org. until stories start to leak and winning usually cures all, including burying stories of tension/riff etc., its like they are the Patriots of the nba(hopefully minus all the cheating allegations unless some surface later then they have benefit of doubt) and we all see the media leaks, rather true or false something leaked and usually where there are multiple close sourced links it has a ounce or 10 of weight to it, reminds me of the Kobe-Shaq era where winning cured most but it was still chinks in the armor

plus why not go to another world class org. and be yourself more freely, he would flourish with any other Texas team and even more with any of those NY teams or Miami or any on those Cali teams outside Kings, its many more good coaches out there besides Pops, they might not have the hardware but Pop one less title since 2008 than Spo does and though Spo is one of the best underrated in the game nobody is screaming he is a top 5 coach ever but he has more rings than Pops in the past decade and Pops is a top 5 coach ever by most media/fanatics global and we all know the total body of work is Pops easily but the point is Leonard could easily find greener pastures elsewhere to do and be him, Pops and that first class org. hates his braids and his new found lowkey commercial stardom, though they should be use to it given Parker was dating a so called Hollywood actress in Longoria and plus Duncan got outed by his wife for dating a man so that was some unexpected headlines to say the least

More than likely Leonard stays and tests out the market because I don't see him sitting out another season unless something funny is really going on with this mystery healing process

Leonard for his own legacy should either go to NY or LA or another texas team in that order, Miami could push Texas for that 3rd slot though easily
    Last edited by europagnpilgrim; 04-06-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

This guy, lmao. Doesn't understand how a negotiation works. Is there a PSD minors for this guy?

Home to the Greatest Fans in College Football

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Fans always overrate their own assets. Just look at the post above yours.
    Funny thing is, I'm not a fan of either team. I'm a Bulls fan. I just understand the landscape of trading superstars, you never get back proper value. Boston won't give up what you think they will.

Home to the Greatest Fans in College Football

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i wouldnt give up BI/Ball or Kuzma if I am being honest unless I got PG13 first. If I could trade BI and Kuzma for KL after I got PG or Cousins then I would... I hate ball but I wouldnt trade ball if i could get KL because ball could do more with KL OR cousins then BI and Kuz could.
    Yea I donít want to give up the youth movement unless we got assurance from PG/Bron.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    If I'm the Lakers and Kawhi is already likely leaving the Spurs, I let him go. You don't trade away Ingram for a rental. Does Kawhi like the spotlight? The constant media? That would definitely be a huge decision for him, right? Brandon Ingram has massive potential. You would need Kawhi's assurance he would stay and in today's time, it's impossible to get confirmation.
    I mean, back channels? I guess, Kawhi has leaked the possibility of coming home to SoCal and playing for the LAL.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast