Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Swanson is having a good game, so far. 2-2 with a RBI.

Last year that RBI single would have found a glove.
    Last edited by iamaj; 03-30-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Both starters at or over 70 pitches through 4. Another bullpen game coming.

The Freeze lost!

Suzuki had to leave. Hope he's okay.

Folty gave way to Ramirez, who gave up a walk and run. Folty was hurt by two solo HRs, but had a lot of runners on all night in his 5 IP.

Philly is on their 4th pitcher in 5.1 innings.

Folty pitched well I thought. Missed on a few pitches, but like Frenchy said, he was mostly right around the strike zone all night. Good for a first start of the season IMO.

Ramirez was not very good tonight. He is a shaky reliever IMO. He's OK, but I am never confident when he gets put in that we will get an easy inning.

Nice job Minter to clean up after Moylan. Should have had another K against Franco, but good appearance. He and Vizcaino could make a really potent 8/9 inning combo (maybe with Minter eventually as the closer).

Dang! Tucker looks good and Dansby has had a great night. If Bourjous had gone head first that's a lead stealing RBI from Swanson. We'll have the top of the order coming again though.

Why are we taking Swanson out at SS? That makes no sense. He is 3-4 tonight. For Culberson? Come on Snitker, none of this makes sense. I get Bourjous since he can run better than Tucker. But this makes no sense.

I went to walk the dog after the 7th. Came back and the Braves tied it up and almost went ahead!

Rough game to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    The Freeze lost!
    lol yeah a lot of people have been making comments on this.

I do have to say that it looked like he pulled up just before catching the guy. I wonder if he has been told to let a guy win once in awhile.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Dang! Tucker looks good and Dansby has had a great night. If Bourjous had gone head first that's a lead stealing RBI from Swanson. We'll have the top of the order coming again though.

Why are we taking Swanson out at SS? That makes no sense. He is 3-4 tonight. For Culberson? Come on Snitker, none of this makes sense. I get Bourjous since he can run better than Tucker. But this makes no sense.
    It was a double switch, still, I agree with you, don't like it. Swanson was having an awesome game, even when he K'd was on a 3-2 count. By playing Culberson you are downgrading the offense and the defense, it doesn't make any sense. Heck he was the last position player on the bench at that point, the pitcher spot was due up second in the next inning, let's said that Flaherty gets on base, that way you can just use the pitcher to move him over and still keep a position player on the bench.

Two games and two mistakes by Snitker. He did a nice move when he took Moylan out of the game for Minter so cheers for that, even though I would have let Minter pitch the 9th and save Viz for the 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Rough game to lose.
    It really was, we had it right there. That damn slide, the worst thing was that it wasn't really a bad slide, it was just bad luck that his leg came up a bit and didn't touch the plate, like MAMBA said if he goes head first we're 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    It was a double switch, still, I agree with you, don't like it. Swanson was having an awesome game, even when he K'd was on a 3-2 count. By playing Culberson you are downgrading the offense and the defense, it doesn't make any sense. Heck he was the last position player on the bench at that point, the pitcher spot was due up second in the next inning, let's said that Flaherty gets on base, that way you can just use the pitcher to move him over and still keep a position player on the bench.

Two games and two mistakes by Snitker. He did a nice move when he took Moylan out of the game for Minter so cheers for that, even though I would have let Minter pitch the 9th and save Viz for the 10th.
    Yeah I get that it was a double switch but I didn't think it needed to be. We could have just had Culberson pinch hit for the pitcher. If Swanson was struggling, then ok, it wouldn't matter. But he was having a really good game and looking very confident. He should have won the game with his double if only Borjous had gotten a better slide.

Oh well, I just hope Snitker figures it out. He seems like a good clubhouse manager but his game management hasn't been much above the Freddie Gonzalez floor lol.

I should also say that I've been really impressed with Tucker so far. If he keeps this up, I wonder what we'll do when Acuna comes up? We want Acuna out there everyday obviously, ditto with Inciarte. I figure Markakis keeps his starting spot, but if Tucker keeps hitting it'll be tough to take his bat out of the lineup. Can he play 3B at all?

Tucker throws left handed. That rules out 3b.

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast