Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    So we split the 4 games but both losses came in games where our starter made two innings and left due to injury.

Have to say Wes Parsons did a hell of a job to come in and save the BP and go 5 innings. In his MLB debut no doubt. Gave us a chance to win that and that's all you could ask for.
    Such a bad luck, Sanchez was dealing and was probably on his way to another gem, Parsons gave us innings which was nice, didn't have much confidence about winning today after Sanchez went out. Splitting the series against a red hot Nats team in Washington is still fine. One game behind the Phillies now, a tough matchup against the Brewers this weekend, while the Phillies play the Padres, Teheran going in game two, so you better win the first one.

Now is the time the Braves really need to go into protect their home turf mode. They have been putting up some crappy ball against sub-par teams at home...the big boys just take these series. Time to return the favor. If you want to make the play-offs...you need to beat these type of teams...especially at home.

As far as this series...give it to the Braves for sticking in there after losing TWO starters early. Shame too cause both Fried and Anibal were on it. The offense didn't show up in either but they made it a game for the most part.

Though, I kind of wish that two bonifide lefty smashers were in the lineup against...well a lefty. I mean..we got Duvall for a reason right? I would of thought that any lefty that is up there he'd automatically be in the lineup...guess not...

Ender was 12-for-22 vs Gio I believe so it's why he started.

Not sure if this is anything to read into but yesterday Touki was listed as the probable starter for Gwinnett. Now today there is nobody listed. I wonder if he's getting the call soon.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Not sure if this is anything to read into but yesterday Touki was listed as the probable starter for Gwinnett. Now today there is nobody listed. I wonder if he's getting the call soon.
    Yeah, I think DOB/Bowman mentioned that he was going to be scratched either way tonight because we might need him for the DH on monday. If it's him or Allard against the Marlins, I would like to see Touki. We might also need Allard anyway if Sanchez can't make his next start.

Phils get Justin Bour. They are gonna have a nasty lineup w he and Ramos get in there. We need to go get a starting pitcher in a waiver trade. Allard is not close to ready. Shields will give you innings. A rental will do.

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Phils get Justin Bour. They are gonna have a nasty lineup w he and Ramos get in there. We need to go get a starting pitcher in a waiver trade. Allard is not close to ready. Shields will give you innings. A rental will do.
    Bour certainly gives them another weapon but Santana is pretty good, can't see how Bour turn into a big part for them unless something happens to Santana.

Ozzie just walked for the first time since he was 2 years old.

Gausman has been absolutely filthy in the first 4 innings, Geez, the splitter looks elite tonight. The offense also doing his job.

Gausman at 80 pitches through 7. I hope Snit letís him go longer.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Great start by Gausman. I didn't see much of his start but I read he stopped pitching from the wind up. Can't argue with the results.

Sobotka looked good too. Fastball hit as high as 99. Hopefully he can help out the bullpen going forward.

All in all great win tonight.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Ozzie doesn't take a walk for 5 weeks and then proceeds to take 3 in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Great start by Gausman. I didn't see much of his start but I read he stopped pitching from the wind up. Can't argue with the results.

Sobotka looked good too. Fastball hit as high as 99. Hopefully he can help out the bullpen going forward.

All in all great win tonight.
    Gausman's fastball command was elite, that's why his splitter was unhittable, he won't be this good everynight but we are already taking the benefits of this trade.

As you said Sobotka has a big arm, didn't know much about his arsenal, did he threw something besides fastballs? Can't recall. Anyway, 99MPH are always hard to hit. I want to see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Ozzie doesn't take a walk for 5 weeks and then proceeds to take 3 in one game.
    Crazy, but he wasn't trying, some of the pitches where so outside of the zone that it was impossible for him to swing, in fact he should've taken 4 walks last night, he gave away an at bat swining at garbage. Not trying to be pessimistic here, I just don't think this three walks means a change in his approach.

On a side note, Johan Camargo now has a higher wOBA and wRC+ than Ozzie.
    Last edited by beldugo; 08-11-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Last night is why I'm fine with keeping Gausman and trading Julio.

Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast