Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Inciarte is a terrible leadoff Guy. That needs to change. Alex needs to make a bullpen move and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I don't get why Snitker wastes relievers like that. Teheran took 7 pitches to get the first two outs in the 7th and then Snitker went to Biddle even though the pitcher spot is coming up in the bottom half of the inning. Are we going to bat Biddle? That doesn't make sense.
    I agree, and really Biddle is not the best option in this scenario he's our best multi inning option.

We're about to lose again tonight and being in first place is also gone. For about a month this team has look with many holes at every facet of the game. I don't think we'll be able to fix all of them in one deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Saw this and thought it would be good to post for those ready to jump ship.

Andrelton Simmons 3rd season
    .244/.286/.331/.617 +28DRS

Dansby Swanson 3rd season
    .248/.299/.406/.705 +12DRS (Half season, leads NL SS)

No Dansby isn't as good as Simmons with the glove but he he pretty good, his bat is a little better at this stage though. Gotta remember he did jump AAA to the MLB just like Simba.
    A little caveat though...Dansby Swanson was the #1 pick in baseball. Unfortunately, that comes with expectations. You want him a little more developed at this point.

By no means am I giving up on him and I'm perfectly fine with his defensive value.

Just going to have to stick him in the bottom of the lineup till he gets something going.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I donít understand why Acuna is hitting 7th
    Because he "balances" the lineup. Everyone knows that having one of your better hitters hit lower in the lineup, thus giving him less at-bats, will make the entire lineup better. Because...logic and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Inciarte is a terrible leadoff Guy. That needs to change. Alex needs to make a bullpen move and quick.
    Snitker needs to get through his head that Inciarte is not a good hitter. At all. His old school way of BS is impeding his thought process.

I'd rather have Ozzie, and his impatience, hit lead-off than Ender any day. Ozzie is on fire right now...let that kid feast.

Go back to the bashing days. Ozzie/Acuna/Freeman. Maybe that will get Freeman going. And Acuna is right in the middle to reap the benefits.

One thing is for certain, Inciarte can not be at the top of the lineup.

No, I don't think Ender works at the top either. It's fine when he is hitting near .300 but he's not found his groove at all this year at the plate. Have Ender hit 6 or 7 and move Acuna back to the 2 hole (though honestly Acuna hasn't been that great since his DL stint either).

We are closing on losing yet another game, we have a home run problem, if you take out Ozzie's two homer game on Wednesday, we haven't hit a homer since 2003.

This team is not a whole lot of fun to watch lately. The all star break will be badly needed. Gotta win tomorrow, a sweep would be bad. 10 games over at the break would be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Snitker needs to get through his head that Inciarte is not a good hitter. At all. His old school way of BS is impeding his thought process.

I'd rather have Ozzie, and his impatience, hit lead-off than Ender any day. Ozzie is on fire right now...let that kid feast.

Go back to the bashing days. Ozzie/Acuna/Freeman. Maybe that will get Freeman going. And Acuna is right in the middle to reap the benefits.

One thing is for certain, Inciarte can not be at the top of the lineup.
    Ender at 9 was the best of all worlds, sadly it bothered Snitker's sensibilities so he quit. I generally like Snitker but Inciarte just isn't a leadoff hitter (or top 5 hitter) on a good offense. I'd rather put Swanson back up there even, and he hasn't been inspiring at all lately. Inciarte is just the worst possible choice.

Camargo, Acuna, Swanson I don't care - just pick one to pair with Albies above Freeman!

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Ender at 9 was the best of all worlds, sadly it bothered Snitker's sensibilities so he quit. I generally like Snitker but Inciarte just isn't a leadoff hitter (or top 5 hitter) on a good offense. I'd rather put Swanson back up there even, and he hasn't been inspiring at all lately. Inciarte is just the worst possible choice.

Camargo, Acuna, Swanson I don't care - just pick one to pair with Albies above Freeman!
    He pinch hit for Inciarte against a leftie in the 8th, I think that's a sign of things to come, I will bet that Inciarte won't be hitting first after the break.

Not sure why everyone seems to be so far down on Ender. He is pretty much hitting the same as he did last year just been having bad luck .270BABIP vs a .339BABIP last year. The lowest that has been since a .310 his rookie year. He is even walking a bit more than he has in the past, k rate is about the same. His glove is what brings his value, when his balls in play start finding holes he will be right back to what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Not sure why everyone seems to be so far down on Ender. He is pretty much hitting the same as he did last year just been having bad luck .270BABIP vs a .339BABIP last year. The lowest that has been since a .310 his rookie year. He is even walking a bit more than he has in the past, k rate is about the same. His glove is what brings his value, when his balls in play start finding holes he will be right back to what he does.
    Not to mention he is stealing bases at a very high rate too

Well seems Ender is getting the day off, Acuna is getting the start in CF and Ozzie leads off.

The thing with Ender is yes, he has a low babip but he doesnít hit the ball particularly hard.

Why was Julio taken out in the 7th after only 79 pitches?
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

2 on and only 1 out, it worked out as Biddle got the next two out.

Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast