Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I dont like the Lineup . .

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    you cant really blame them Shawn, as Jays fans they are hoping against hope. in a way its easier for me because Ive seen the same thing with the Wilpons, Honestly this is the first time in 7-8 years that Ive agreed with the things that theyve done in an offseason and im still Shocked that Freddy coupon didnt screw things up. So i can understand Jays fans hoping against hope.

its hard admitting the season is over before it really begins
    I would have zero issues with Shapkins coming out & letting us know they're rebuilding, which is the ONLY practical route to go with this team. Aside from JD...and Smoak if he can repeat...there's no dangerous bats in the lineup. Aside from Stro & Sanchez, there's no SP upside. You've got health concerns with JD, Tulo, Travis, Martin, Sanchez & Estrada. Aside from Osuna, if healthy, there's no BP stability.

You've got mental health concerns with Osuna, and a thin minor league system outside of the 2 studs. It was a textbook situation to re-tool/build, but Shapkins are like a used car salesman trying to sell you a cavalier while trying to convince you it's a Cadillac.

So yes, I'm cynical of these clowns, and quite frankly surprised by your defense of them. You've been as critical as anyone on here of Shapkins.

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    I would have zero issues with Shapkins coming out & letting us know they're rebuilding, which is the ONLY practical route to go with this team. Aside from JD...and Smoak if he can repeat...there's no dangerous bats in the lineup. Aside from Stro & Sanchez, there's no SP upside. You've got health concerns with JD, Tulo, Travis, Martin, Sanchez & Estrada. Aside from Osuna, if healthy, there's no BP stability.

You've got mental health concerns with Osuna, and a thin minor league system outside of the 2 studs. It was a textbook situation to re-tool/build, but Shapkins are like a used car salesman trying to sell you a cavalier while trying to convince you it's a Cadillac.

So yes, I'm cynical of these clowns, and quite frankly surprised by your defense of them. You've been as critical as anyone on here of Shapkins.
    very true, but nobody wants to hear it. you know that as well as anyone. So ive said my piece and stated it publicly as have you. and when the season plays out and we have been shown to be more right than wrong they cant really second guess us can they?

thats the good thing about being honest and clearly stating what you see and expect. im not saying your wrong for being frustrated but there is a certain grudging respect you earn when people see on their own what you saw months before. you dont get that when you dont give them the chance to see it for themselves.

When they do, they come to you and remember you werent afraid to state your opinion and respect you accordingly. I think many people have already started to come around on their brand of deceit anyway. We just had the foresight to recognize it a little sooner. And trust me the right people always remember who told them the truth when they hear and see it. The rest who only want to hear what they want to hear, do they really matter?

and you know what shawn, one of the things I lve most about baseball. is that I almost prefer to be wrong, because those are the times that I generally learn something new about baseball. and thank god for that or it would cease to be interesting. count yourself as one of the lucky ones, that after all these years your still passionate about the game
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 03-29-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Can you guys make a separate thread to ***** about the team? Seriously guys, youíve filled the last two pages with nonsensical *****ing and congratulating each other on calling out flaws about this team while never offering any solutions. This could very well be a tough season and this forum has taken a HUGE hit over the past couple of years.

As a fan and as a human being Iím asking you guys, (mike and shawn) to keep your negativity in the DMs. We like to generate conversation about how the team can improve and do better but all you two want to do is constantly **** on the team and offer no solution or constructive criticism on how to make the team better.

Iíve been on this forum for over a decade and I can safely say that you two have slowly but surely poisoned this forum. I like to come here to talk positive about this team whether it be in the present or the future. As of now I have no desire to check this forum because I know it will be trolled by two people who claim to be fans but in reality arenít fans at all. Iíll be in the Raps forum and occasionally checking the minor league thread. Have fun ******** on the team you claim to root for.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Can you guys make a separate thread to ***** about the team? Seriously guys, youíve filled the last two pages with nonsensical *****ing and congratulating each other on calling out flaws about this team while never offering any solutions. This could very well be a tough season and this forum has taken a HUGE hit over the past couple of years.

As a fan and as a human being Iím asking you guys, (mike and shawn) to keep your negativity in the DMs. We like to generate conversation about how the team can improve and do better but all you two want to do is constantly **** on the team and offer no solution or constructive criticism on how to make the team better.

Iíve been on this forum for over a decade and I can safely say that you two have slowly but surely poisoned this forum. I like to come here to talk positive about this team whether it be in the present or the future. As of now I have no desire to check this forum because I know it will be trolled by two people who claim to be fans but in reality arenít fans at all. Iíll be in the Raps forum and occasionally checking the minor league thread. Have fun ******** on the team you claim to root for.
    You're full of it. I've given plenty of suggestions on how to improve the team. Most notably start Teoscar Hernandez, He Of 8 Hrs In 88 At Bats. Or not to sign Jaime Garcia who I honestly feel will give new meaning to the term "relief pitcher" because anyone who pitches after him will be a relief to the fans.

We didnt put this sh*tsh*w Together. We're just commenting on what we see. You want to run away and not hold Shapkins accountable, thats on you...its attitudes like that, which allows this to happen. The world isnt always sunshine and lollypops, and only by pointing out the hypocrisy can change be effected.
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 03-30-2018 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post

Just put them on ignore. Itís so much better

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    You're full of it. I've given plenty of suggestions on how to improve the team. Most notably start Teoscar Hernandez, He Of 8 Hrs In 88 At Bats. Or not to sign Jaime Garcia who I honestly feel will give new meaning to the term "relief pitcher" because anyone who pitches after him will be a relief to the fans.

We didnt put this sh*tsh*w Together. We're just commenting on what we see. You want to run away and not hold Shapkins accountable, thats on you...its attitudes like that, which allows this to happen. The world isnt always sunshine and lollypops, and only by pointing out the hypocrisy can change be effected.
    They should hire you. President/GM/Manager/Scouting Director/Hitting Coach/Pitching Coach/Personal Trainor/MassageTherapist/Publicist

How exactly is ďholding them accountableĒ on an internet sports forum going to do anything?

But reed has a point. If itís only you two who want to talk about these so called incompetences of the front office, why canít you keep it to DM?

Ignoring wonít do the trick as they deter others away from the forum. Iíve applied to be TM so I can just outright ban them. Somebody needs to fix this forum.

Even when we were perennial losers this forum was LOADED with posters talking about the Jays. You guys have literally run this forum dry with your ******** and Iím sick of it. This used to be the best place to debate/talk Jays. Now we just have 5 threads that continuously get hijacked by Mike and when anyone tries to respond to his points he goes and changes the subject in a way that will still keep him right. You donít even allow discussion on any of your points unless people agree with you yet you have the nerve to tell others to grow up.

Not a good start to season. Terrible opening loss and Donaldson may have to go on DL. Welcome to the regular season I guess

Donaldson has "dead arm" according to the post game interviews, I haven't seen anything about him having to go on the DL. I am not sure I believe them though, as dead arm doesn't normally change your throwing motion.
    JD was throwing like someone with a bum shoulder that he didn't want to use....

The only thing that was bad about last night was Granderson making an error on the first batter of the season....which in the end only caused them 1 extra run. Other than that you just have to tip your cap. Happ threw Stanton a pitch that ran over the middle of the plate (one of his only bad pitches over the first 4 innings) and he banged it over the fence. Barnes wasn't good in spring training so I am not really surprised he gave up a bomb to Gardner. I don't know why he had an automatic spot in the bullpen over someone like Mayza.

The Yankees are going to score runs, so if you only get 2 hits and 1 run you aren't going to win. I liked what I saw from Happ last night though. So that is a good sign. They just ran into great pitching on opening day. Severino was firing 98-100mph bb's with an 88-90mph slider. He pitches like that all season and he could win a Cy Young. Then they also had to deal with 3 of the best relievers in baseball. Green, Betances and Chapman don't normally even give up hits, let alone runs. (Well maybe not Betances against the Jays... )

Everyone knew it was going to be tough to beat them, but when you start your 3rd best pitcher against their ace it is going to be a tough game to win. Let's see what happens in games 2, 3 and 4 before we start *****ing too much about this lineup/team.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Donaldson has "dead arm" according to the post game interviews, I haven't seen anything about him having to go on the DL. I am not sure I believe them though, as dead arm doesn't normally change your throwing motion.
    JD was throwing like someone with a bum shoulder that he didn't want to use....

Everyone knew it was going to be tough to beat them, but when you start your 3rd best pitcher against their ace it is going to be a tough game to win. Let's see what happens in games 2, 3 and 4 before we start *****ing too much about this lineup/team.
    very true and fair. as I said the Donaldson issue is the one takeaway from yesterday that scared me

I think we might be seeing the end of Tulo. Something tells me he might be done as a player.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast