Solarte - 2B
    Donaldson - 3B
    Smoak - 1B
    Pillar- CF
    Pearce- DH
    Diaz- SS
    Maile- C
    Grichuk- RF
    I would move 2-4 up 1 spot and put Gandy behind d Smoak. I would also finish with pillar at 9 and grich infront of him. I like the 9 hole to be treated as the leadoff and get the extra AB's for the big boys.

Perhaps pillar in the 9 hole as a sudo-leadoff guy would take special.e of the pressure off and he may even see some extra strikes when they think he's a lowly 9 hitter.

*some

I thought about that too (as I don't mind a second lead off guy in that spot either), but Pillar is second on the team in hits just 1 behind Justin Smoak.

Here's a stat...the Jays have the 3rd best bullpen in the AL so far and the best in the AL East. They are 3-1 with a 2.61 ERA over 41.1 IP. The rest of the division all have an ERA between 4.42 and 4.64 from their bullpens. We all thought this team would be built on the rotation, but the bullpen is the one excelling. Late additions Clippard, Oh and Axford have combined for 18 of those 41.1 innings with an ERA of 3.00. The only member of the bullpen struggling is Loup. (...which is likely why Mayza was the one called up for Morales). With 6 guys throwing well Gibby has the ability to throw the 7th, 8th and 9th inning every night with fresh arms.

It won't be long before the Ngoepe experiment needs to end. I'm sure they are simply letting him hold that roster spot until Tulo returns, but he is a terrible hitter. The way Grichuk is hitting makes me think that he really hasn't totally healed from the rib injury he had in ST. They can't keep using Pearce in RF. Pretty soon I think Grichuk needs to be waived and sent back to AAA to get his head straight. Bring back Alford to come play RF everyday. Pearce can keep playing some LF against lefty starters and DH'ing some against right handed starters if he continues to hit better than Morales.

https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/...61738708254720

Ohhhhhhhhh baby!

Unfortunately the corresponding move is Dosh to the DL but with the way he's been playing lately, maybe some time off is a good thing.

DEAR GOD......so this "dead arm" is now causing him to go on the DL? What a load of shyte. He couldn't just DH while Morales is out? Is swinging causing him pain we can't see on TV? He's still hit 3 HR's and over his last 10 games with 9 RBI's and an OBP of .462.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    DEAR GOD......so this "dead arm" is now causing him to go on the DL? What a load of shyte. He couldn't just DH while Morales is out? Is swinging causing him pain we can't see on TV? He's still hit 3 HR's and over his last 10 games with 9 RBI's and an OBP of .462.
    He's not as good as he could be though and if he has something that's nagging him then it's probably best to take a break. It's frustrating but I'd rather have a healthy Dosh sooner rather than later.

I'm not too worried because Teoscar is in !

This is where depth can play an enormous role!

Hopefully Josh can recover quick .

I donít get calling Hernandez over Gurriel though. You would think Gurriel would give them more flexibility in the infield

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I donít get calling Hernandez over Gurriel though. You would think Gurriel would give them more flexibility in the infield
    Yeah but Teoscar has been to the show before where as Gurriel hasn't. It's just a 10 day stint but a 10 day stint where Teoscar can play everyday.

There is a chance with Teoscar. He looked good last fall, in the spring and now his first game. There is a bit there. We will see once the scouting reports get around the league on him

Not intending to be judgemental

I like Teoscor, but the fact that I heard he's ripped to shreds makes me hope he's not on the juice!

(heard through buck Martinez)
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 04-14-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yeah but Teoscar has been to the show before where as Gurriel hasn't. It's just a 10 day stint but a 10 day stint where Teoscar can play everyday.
    Oh I get that but I don't see the reasoning behind having 5 OF even if Grichuk can't hit a beach ball at the moment. Its not like our IF depth is very deep.

Is there any word on Travis and how long he will be out for?

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast