Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    I was at the game. At least I saw the only run of the series lol

LOL :cry:

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

I got to go to att Tuesday night. Was cold. Missed Phil’s by a couple days😩
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Not sure what it would take to get Machado. Maybe start with Franco, Kingery, Quinn, Velasquez, and 2019 1st (possible toss in some international money too).

I don't think you can trade picks unless it's the comp picks/whatever they are called if I recall correctly.

That's not a bad package honestly but that's a decent amount to give up for a rental unless this is a Halladay type acquisition where an extension is in place which by all accounts doesn't seem like a possibility.

Does seem like you're trying to throw castoffs out though. I wouldn't give up on Kingery so quick either.

The O's need and always want pitching so I wouldn't mind doing a VV, Kilome/Romero, Franco, Cozens. That's not a terrible deal for a rental. Probably not enough/right though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I'm assuming the O's want a few more cost controlled players in a deal for Machado. I'm not really sure Franco and VV fit that fold. Kingery is a good bet to be involved and maybe one of Hasley/Moniak/Ortiz along with a a young C level prospect.

I think Philly has a good chance of signing him to a long term deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    I'm assuming the O's want a few more cost controlled players in a deal for Machado. I'm not really sure Franco and VV fit that fold. Kingery is a good bet to be involved and maybe one of Hasley/Moniak/Ortiz along with a a young C level prospect.
    Well Franco and VV both have 3 more arb years so it's not like they aren't cost controlled. They are more expensive than pre-arb/prospects but there is some value there.

I know Kingery isn't playing that well right now but his contract could wind up being extremely valuable and he can be controlled up until his age 33 season. That's incredible. He may never pan out but given that he just signed that deal and this is his first taste of the big leagues, I just don't think you give that up so quick. He could bounce back next season and he becomes one of the most valuable players in the league (due to his contract).

IF Kingery is the piece, I give up him and a C level prospect. That's it.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Well Franco and VV both have 3 more arb years so it's not like they aren't cost controlled. They are more expensive than pre-arb/prospects but there is some value there.

I know Kingery isn't playing that well right now but his contract could wind up being extremely valuable and he can be controlled up until his age 33 season. That's incredible. He may never pan out but given that he just signed that deal and this is his first taste of the big leagues, I just don't think you give that up so quick. He could bounce back next season and he becomes one of the most valuable players in the league (due to his contract).

IF Kingery is the piece, I give up him and a C level prospect. That's it.
    Ohhh I am completely with you. If the cost was Kingery/Hasley I probably wouldn't pull the trigger because I think you will get 12 years out of them most likely if they aren't traded. I would give up one but not both for a rental but I think you might have too with how good Machado is and the teams in the race.

As for Franco and VV, I can easily see Franco being DFA as soon as next year (I don't think he will be but he could). He's been bad for the 2nd straight year and have a hard time believing he holds much value if any to a rebuilding club. VV has value but has major injuries concerns. I believe that a team who will be doing a full rebuild wants younger and more cost controlled talent in return for their best asset. 6-7 years of a potential talent over 3 years of current average MLB talent might be better in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I think Philly has a good chance of signing him to a long term deal.
    Almost everyone agrees that they will be players for Machado and/or Harper. Not sure how much trading for him increases their chances though considering they are both hitting free agency. I could see trading for him and him willing to take a slight discount if he likes it here.

Would the Mets be willing to trade either SP DeGrom or Syndergaad to the rival Phillies?

For a kings ransom
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Demoted Nerris to minors

Fan of move. Just awful nerris

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Demoted Nerris to minors

Fan of move. Just awful nerris
    Agree. I was yelling at the television for the first time in my like. It was so frustrating to watch.

I wouldn't even want to trade for Degrom, as good as he is.

I know we shouldn't bank on Nola, Pivetta, and Arrieta (especially him) but the Phillies actually have some decent pitching depth getting close to the majors as well. I don't think they have an ace in the bunch outside of Nola so I could see them wanting to get at least a #2 like pitcher for the foreseeable future. Guys like Pivetta, Eflin, De Los Santos, Kilome, could fill anywhere between a 3 and 5. Medina and Sanchez are two guys in the system that could be 1s or 2s so in the next couple seasons you could very well have a complete and young rotation.

I'd actually stay away from pitching and truly just focus in on finding bats. I'm also still on board with NOT trading for anything this deadline unless it's smaller pieces.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast