Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Phillies are interested in Britton. He would definitely help the bullpen if he is healthy and back to his former self. He hasn't pitched great so far this year in a small sample size but he hasn't walked a batter or allowed a run in 4 straight games.

Alot of money in trading for Choo, whose basically a DH at this point.
    Taking on a lot of money for a pinch hitter in a sense

It's definitely a risk but if he hits like this you can justify his poor outfield defense. It almost certainly takes them out of the running for OF free agents for another 2 years though regardless of how everyone plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    It's definitely a risk but if he hits like this you can justify his poor outfield defense. It almost certainly takes them out of the running for OF free agents for another 2 years though regardless of how everyone plays.
    Meh, not really.

I still have a feeling guys like Doobie and Cesar may still be on the move opening up OF and IF spots.

I think the Phillies are in a real enviable spot because they have a good amount of controllable assets that are proven and others that have a ton of potential. I also don't think they are in dire need to fill any position really.

Klentak has a lot at his disposal to make this team better while still being able to have the depth to make a great team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Meh, not really.

I still have a feeling guys like Doobie and Cesar may still be on the move opening up OF and IF spots.

I think the Phillies are in a real enviable spot because they have a good amount of controllable assets that are proven and others that have a ton of potential. I also don't think they are in dire need to fill any position really.

Klentak has a lot at his disposal to make this team better while still being able to have the depth to make a great team.
    Trades are always possible without a doubt but a trade would need to happen to add an impact bat in the outfield. Outside of Harper and maybe Pollack I'm not sure I would want to add anyone (FA wise) if they only had CF available from trading Odubel. Not to mention our denfense would be horrendous.

At this point, Id take any established offensive player that has more putout than what the Phillies have now. Who is obviously the question.

Would you be interested in trading for Muchado? Hes all people are talking about here in NYC. Hes had 3 good seasons and 3 average ones and probably will cost an arm and a leg.

Get Machado and Britton at right price and we can make some noise. Nick and maikel are starting to hit. Kingery looking better. Dropping machado in this line up could send us to promise land
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Get Machado and Britton at right price and we can make some noise. Nick and maikel are starting to hit. Kingery looking better. Dropping machado in this line up could send us to promise land
    Machado definitely would improve the offense. Who would sit if they acquired him? Kingery? Franco? What do they do with Crawford? I'd personally send Crawford back to Triple A and bring Kingery off the bench.

I'm guessing 1 of Franco, Crawford, or Kingery would be going back to Baltimore.

We are finalists along with brewers for manny according to Buster Olney on twitter

AS Break

Are we a surprise?

Yup. Lodi Dodi we likes to party!

I'm surprised for sure, but there are some major holes in this team.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Latest rumor has Manny Machado to the Dodgers and official announcement may be as early as Wednesday after the All Star game. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Latest rumor has Manny Machado to the Dodgers and official announcement may be as early as Wednesday after the All Star game. Sucks.
    Sucks. But interested in what theyre giving up.

I still see the Phillies getting someone(s) though. Merryfield seems like a decent get. Zobrist-lite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Disappointed that we missed on manny but satisfied in the attempt. I hope the dodgers over paid. Now if we miss on him in the off season it will be a different story
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast