Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,360
    Wait, are we 100% in if Spurs beat Kings - and Blazers beat the Nugs?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,368
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    Wait, are we 100% in if Spurs beat Kings - and Blazers beat the Nugs?
    Ya I think if nuggets lose now it's set. I looked it over earlier myself and the wolves had posted something on us clinching if the 3 things happen as well (Us and sa win, den lose)

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I think if nuggets lose now it's set. I looked it over earlier myself and the wolves had posted something on us clinching if the 3 things happen as well (Us and sa win, den lose)
    Let's go Blazers!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,472
    I have a bad feeling about this game! Any Minnesota fan would!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,472
    If we lose; Don't we get our 1st round pick, as it is lottery protected?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    65
    Yes, the wolves keep there pick if they don't make the playoffs

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    MPLS
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBankND View Post
    Yes, the wolves keep there pick if they don't make the playoffs
    This franchise would be better off with the 14th pick as opposed to being swept by the Rockets in the 1st round. Especially considering how cap strapped we are!

    The question is, does Thibs know how to develop young talent?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,368

    Game Thread - 6 games left

    Sadly that's true, it likely is more beneficial to lose since we need to hit on another star at this point... We used up our assets this season to point out at the end of the year how we can still get our pick if we miss the playoffs. Welcome to being a wolves fan.

    We would trade the pick for Noah anyways so might as well make the playoffs.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    74,384
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Sadly that's true, it likely is more beneficial to lose since we need to hit on another star at this point... We used up our assets this season to point out at the end of the year how we can still get our pick if we miss the playoffs. Welcome to being a wolves fan.

    We would trade the pick for Noah anyways so might as well make the playoffs.
    I know this is halfway a joke, but you are probably right actually.

    I think my disdain for this team has been made clear. I really don't care if we make it or not. Houston/GS will wipe the floor with us, and Thib's gets a "he gave us the playoffs" protection, so I am torn.

    Either way I won't be watching, we just moved and I am without cable until 4/22, which means I might be able to catch a game 4 or so. I just don't care about this team. I despise Wiggins and Teague, and watching our offense is boring, and watching our defense can be painful. Such a disappointment after such a promising rebuild. I just think Wiggins is such a disaster, and I can't believe it's not seen by our owner and staff. Every analyst in the universe basically paints him as an underachieving pile of ****, which is accurate. The Rubio/Teague swap sucked, we have no money, and we suck at drafting.

    I think this team is like that friend of yours that keeps dating terrible people, complains to you all the time about it, then just goes back to doing it after your sound advice. Eventually you just can't take listening to her anymore about her ****** dating habits. Dude, you suck at this, time to move on. That is me with the Wolves. Hopefully things change in the next year or two, and hopefully I find something on this roster/team to start caring about again..

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    12,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I know this is halfway a joke, but you are probably right actually.

    I think my disdain for this team has been made clear. I really don't care if we make it or not. Houston/GS will wipe the floor with us, and Thib's gets a "he gave us the playoffs" protection, so I am torn.

    Either way I won't be watching, we just moved and I am without cable until 4/22, which means I might be able to catch a game 4 or so. I just don't care about this team. I despise Wiggins and Teague, and watching our offense is boring, and watching our defense can be painful. Such a disappointment after such a promising rebuild. I just think Wiggins is such a disaster, and I can't believe it's not seen by our owner and staff. Every analyst in the universe basically paints him as an underachieving pile of ****, which is accurate. The Rubio/Teague swap sucked, we have no money, and we suck at drafting.

    I think this team is like that friend of yours that keeps dating terrible people, complains to you all the time about it, then just goes back to doing it after your sound advice. Eventually you just can't take listening to her anymore about her ****** dating habits. Dude, you suck at this, time to move on. That is me with the Wolves. Hopefully things change in the next year or two, and hopefully I find something on this roster/team to start caring about again..
    So much of this is how I feel. Unfortunately, even if Thibs doesn't get this team to the playoffs I don't see anything changing on that front. It will be something along the lines of a Jimmy Butler injury excuse or "growing pains".

    On the one hand, I'm always going to be a Wolves fan; but, on the other, I just haven't enjoyed watching them very much this year. Now that I'm in Florida, maybe I should start watching the Magic?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    So much of this is how I feel. Unfortunately, even if Thibs doesn't get this team to the playoffs I don't see anything changing on that front. It will be something along the lines of a Jimmy Butler injury excuse or "growing pains".

    On the one hand, I'm always going to be a Wolves fan; but, on the other, I just haven't enjoyed watching them very much this year. Now that I'm in Florida, maybe I should start watching the Magic?
    See...I get what you guys are saying. This was the first year in a long time that we had expectations. Failed expectations always hurt more than having no expectations at all.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    See...I get what you guys are saying. This was the first year in a long time that we had expectations. Failed expectations always hurt more than having no expectations at all.
    I think the feeling is that we traded our long term potential for an 8th seed because we are desperate for the playoffs not to build a long term contender.

    I don't know that they were failed expectations but more so just not the high standards we had for this team when we had a young in development based team.

    I do think though making the playoffs this year might be for the best. We need to get towns into the playoffs so he doesn't bolt, same with Jimmy. If we can get a competitive series to like 5-6 games against a top level competition I think that sets a massive tone for us next year. I know we have beaten the Wiggins conversation to death already and no point in rehashing it but in the context of our young team development he was always going to get this contract. It just happens that we compounded it with trading off otherwise talented players in lavine for a chance to win now. Look guys there are 7 other teams that are in the EXACT same boat as us. There is no reason to be disappointed. Who would you rather be out of the playoff teams?

    Denver- young players good potential but no true star.
    SAS- might lose kawai if rumors are true good coach but no true star
    Jazz- overachieving team this year that plays well as a group but we have just as much talent if not more.
    Pelicans- lost cousins for the season, capped out in potential for the long run just like us with less young talent
    Blazers- overachieved this year we already know what there roster is its been the same the last 5 years.
    Thunder - 3 all stars to just make the 7th seed? Huge letdown from what they were suppose to be in a clear top 3 team that was suppose to challenge GS and Houston.

    I mean honestly would any of you rather be cheering for those teams? We atleast to some degree if wiggins puts it together(ever) and Towns continues to trend the right direction could be a much better team on paper then any of the others. To me its thibs that is holding this team back more then anyone else. A good coach would make a huge difference with this teams offense and defensively we really cant get much worse...

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,517
    I'll take my favorite role in this forum and play the d's advocate.
    We had Adelman and we didn't liked him as a coach.
    We had Saunders and we didn't like him as a coach.
    We have Thibs and we don't like him as a coach.
    Mind you those are all respectable coaches in the league. Now it's either that we are crazy and we don't know what we are talking about or the NBA is lacking in the coach department.
    When we are talking about good coaches we want someone who can adjust his system to the players he has, read the game and change the system in-game, take the most out of his players and develop players. At least for me.
    But today's coaches only play one system, rarely use the depth of their roster and rarely develop young players.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    6,922
    I always loved Saunders and had no issues with Adleman.


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    74,384
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I'll take my favorite role in this forum and play the d's advocate.
    We had Adelman and we didn't liked him as a coach.
    We had Saunders and we didn't like him as a coach.
    We have Thibs and we don't like him as a coach.
    Mind you those are all respectable coaches in the league. Now it's either that we are crazy and we don't know what we are talking about or the NBA is lacking in the coach department.
    When we are talking about good coaches we want someone who can adjust his system to the players he has, read the game and change the system in-game, take the most out of his players and develop players. At least for me.
    But today's coaches only play one system, rarely use the depth of their roster and rarely develop young players.
    or our actual problem is Glen Taylor.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •