Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I always loved Saunders and had no issues with Adleman.
    Saunders was great. Sure he capped out, that happens. But he built what we have now.

Adleman was never given a roster worth a damn honestly, and was at the tail end of his career just taking a paycheck. That was not Rick Adelman from Sacramento.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

It's kinda weird to be this close to the playoffs and not overly amped up etc. I can basically talk myself into losing or winning being alright lol (especially if losing means changes). I will be rooting for us to win but it's not like I am gonna be extremely pissed if we don't which I feel is a bit odd.

I already was kinda meh on the NBA since last season but thought our improvements might help me get back into it/excited about NBA again and it just hasn't worked out. We went all in at a time when the gap from the top to other "contenders" was just way too drastic and the resulting "solid/good team capable of making playoffs when healthy" becomes that much more frustrating since it isn't really competing in a meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    See...I get what you guys are saying. This was the first year in a long time that we had expectations. Failed expectations always hurt more than having no expectations at all.
    I don't see it as "failed expectations". I see it as a "paper team" that is not fun to watch. I'm pretty sure Hawk predicted a win-loss record in line with what the Wolves will end up.

People will say that I should enjoy it because the team is winning, but sports are supposed to be fun and this is not. If basketball is not fun, then it's just a bunch of tall guys chasing a ball up and down a court.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Saunders was great. Sure he capped out, that happens. But he built what we have now.

Adleman was never given a roster worth a damn honestly, and was at the tail end of his career just taking a paycheck. That was not Rick Adelman from Sacramento.
    I was strictly talking about Saunders as a coach. Especially regarding the long 2s.
    His contribution to this team is undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I was strictly talking about Saunders as a coach. Especially regarding the long 2s.
    His contribution to this team is undeniable.
    absolutely it was. He, along with KG, are the 2 most identifiable contributors to the Wolves.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I'll take my favorite role in this forum and play the d's advocate.
    We had Adelman and we didn't liked him as a coach.
    We had Saunders and we didn't like him as a coach.
    We have Thibs and we don't like him as a coach.
    Mind you those are all respectable coaches in the league. Now it's either that we are crazy and we don't know what we are talking about or the NBA is lacking in the coach department.
    When we are talking about good coaches we want someone who can adjust his system to the players he has, read the game and change the system in-game, take the most out of his players and develop players. At least for me.
    But today's coaches only play one system, rarely use the depth of their roster and rarely develop young players.
    Well, too be fair, the sample is not a random one. While hirings like Adelman and Thibadeau were generally applauded, that does not mean that fans did not have other, more preferred candidates e.g. JVG or Mark Jackson over Thibs, Mike Malone over Flip, Don Nelson over Adelman.

Secondly, there have been very few coaches that have lasted long in the organization. Dwane Casey for instance got the short shiv in being let go with a .500 record 1.5 years into the job and look at him now. The "country club" as I believe Hawk calls it, got about 12-13 years out of the last 22.

Finally, coaches like player peak. Often, the league simply changes and the way that they have coached for decades plus just isn't what works anymore or their message no longer connects when the same players have heard the same stories year-after-year. So while Thibs, Flip and Adelman all had their day at one point in time, the league changed and they didn't.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234