Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MLB News

We'll see him again in 2020

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    We'll see him again in 2020

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    We'll prolly atleast see him with a bat sometime next season.

Twins have optioned Miguel Sano.

He's been pretty bad- .203/.270/.405, .292 wOBA, 80 wRC+, K%- 40.5%, -0.2 WAR

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Twins have optioned Miguel Sano.

He's been pretty bad- .203/.270/.405, .292 wOBA, 80 wRC+, K%- 40.5%, -0.2 WAR
    All the way to High-A

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    All the way to High-A
    Oh ****. I just assumed AAA.

Don't think we have seen a guy make a AS team one year and get thrown back to High-A for bad play the next year before.

Bit of a shock about Sano, though I haven't followed his play this year. I thought he missed some early season time due to injury or something?

Another guy that seemingly hasn't (yet) met expectations is Buxton, and he's been around awhile now.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Don't think we have seen a guy make a AS team one year and get thrown back to High-A for bad play the next year before.
    Is the high a team closer to where the Twins play? Did location play a role ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Is the high a team closer to where the Twins play? Did location play a role ?

I think it may be because the Hi A location is near their spring training facility so he can get some work in there as well.

Jeez, a 40% K rate. Thats atrocious.

MLB News

Mlb reinstates Mejia from his PED ban. ****ing stupid

Braves fail to come to terms with its 1st round pick. Kinda dumb if youre the player. Its like Shark Tank. If a team offers you s chance... regardless you take it. The rest works itself out. Unless youre committed to college, which by all means you should be, but if you reject because of $$ then youre ****ing stupid.

From MLBTR:

Stewart, a Georgia high-schooler, entered the draft graded as one of the top eligible hurlers. He had dealt with a wrist injury late in the season, though it was not something that led to any expectations of a ding in his draft stock. Indeed, it seemed there was not much to worry about when the Braves took Stewart eighth overall.

Unfortunately, it seems that a closer look at the medicals has enhanced the concerns for the Atlanta organization. MLB.com’s Mark Bowman tweeted that it was a “definite concern” for the Braves, noting that player and team never really were close on numbers entering the final signing day.

The eighth overall pick came with a $4,980,700 allocation. The Braves will only get a compensatory pick next year — at one slot lower than the existing selection (#9) — if they offered Stewart at least 40% of the slot value (i.e., $1,992,280).

The Braves kept their offer “a lot closer to the 40% threshold than to pick value,” according to MLB.com’s Jim Callis (Twitter link), which explains why a deal did not come together. But that also indicates that enough cash was put on the table to ensure that the club will get another top-ten selection next year. Stewart will presumably honor his commitment to Mississippi State, though there’s no clear indication yet as to his immediate future.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/...r-stewart.html

Dodgers weren't able to sign their first rounder either.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Dbacks first round pick, Matt McLain, has informed the team he will go to UCLA and not sign even though they offered him full slot value.

Dodgers first round pick pick, JT Ginn, also did not sign and will attend Mississippi St., like Carter Stewart.

EDIT: spliff beat me to the Dodgers pick.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast