Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB News

Rizzo's recent comments about shortening the season is important. 162 games is far too long. I don't even start paying attention to baseball much until the trade deadline. Right now, it's all about the NHL and NBA.

no

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Rizzo's recent comments about shortening the season is important. 162 games is far too long. I don't even start paying attention to baseball much until the trade deadline. Right now, it's all about the NHL and NBA.
    Rizzo still seemed to want to play 162ish games, he just wants to move opening day back so they don't have to play in ****** weather and bring back scheduled double-headers.

I start paying attention as soon as the season starts. Hockey sucks in general. NBA sucks until playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I couldn't disagree more strongly, and most baseball fans will agree with me.

Plus, they won't just accept less revenue.

You could make baseball a 16 game season like football, and the ratings would be off the hook.

But some of the beauty in baseball is it's tradition and that it's a grind over the course of 6 months to make the limited playoffs, unlike hockey and basketball where half the league makes it.

You can start off hot for 2 months and miss the playoffs. It's a marathon, not a sprint. And a lot of fans love that.

You won't find a fan who loves the history of the game, to agree with shortening the season.

Changing dates around is potentially an option, but 162 games is perfect.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 04-19-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I don't think anyone will GAF about a thread but the Reds fired Bryan Price and named Jim Riggleman as interim Manager.
    Their rebuild isn't going well.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    The Rays packed them in again today. 8657 tickets officially sold . LMFAO. And they want a new ballpark? Oh I get it. They think with a new park they can get 10000 to attend. For that to happen they would have to play the Red Sox and Yankees every other week. And those 10000 wouldn't be cheering for the Rays. Time to move this team .
    Lol.

While I acknowladge their location is a problem. I think the demographics are a bigger issue, Florida doesn't seem to give a **** about baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Lol.

While I acknowladge their location is a problem. I think the demographics are a bigger issue, Florida doesn't seem to give a **** about baseball.
    The Rays are also 5-13

The Rays have the worst winning percentage of all time
    The Marlins the third worst (Padres tied for worst with Rays)

The Marlins have made the playoffs twice, the Rays four times. While new franchises, these are the worst in baseball.

People keep complaining about nobody in Florida caring about baseball, but the franchises haven't been well ran for the vast majority of their existence and haven't been good enough to create any fan loyalty.

Also, the Rays are in an impossible location to get to for fans to just hop to the game.

MLB News

Its not important at all, because its not happening. These guys make millions of dollars to play a game and they want a shorter season or to play in better weather temperatures? Poor guys.

And, its not hard to pay attention to more than 2 sports at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-Rod's nephew was held for ransom over a Lambo deal gone bad this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    The Rays are also 5-13

The Marlins have made the playoffs twice, the Rays four times. While new franchises, these are the worst in baseball.

People keep complaining about nobody in Florida caring about baseball, but the franchises haven't been well ran for the vast majority of their existence and haven't been good enough to create any fan loyalty.

Also, the Rays are in an impossible location to get to for fans to just hop to the game.
    The teams pretend to put winning teams on the field, the fans pretend to show up.

https://www.mlb.com/news/danny-farqu...ge/c-273152256

Hopefully he pulls through. Terrible to read that.

Seager To Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Miss Remainder Of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Seager To Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Miss Remainder Of 2018
    Remember, stuff like this you can make its own thread for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    The Rays are also 5-13

Even when they've been good people don't show up though. It's not like they were lining up out the door the 4 years they made the playoffs.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast