Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: MLB News

Woah that's pretty ****in' crazy.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Three year prison sentence for cocaine trafficking for Esteban Loaiza, and once out of prison, will be deported- http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ntence-cocaine
    Looool what a ****ing idiot. I remember hearing about this a while ago.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Looool what a ****ing idiot. I remember hearing about this a while ago.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I looked for a thread here, but I guess we put it either in this one, or it was in the GDT thread for the year.

C Martin Maldonado signing with the Royals to replace Salvador Perez- one year, $2.5 million with an additional $1.4 million in incentives- http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...nado-perez-sub

SIAP. Babe Ruth's last surviving daughter died in Nevada at 102. It was nice to know there was a connection still living. RIP Julia Ruth Stevens.

"Julia Ruth Stevens, a last surviving daughter of Hall of Fame baseball slugger Babe Ruth and a champion of his legacy, has died.

She was 102.

Stevens' family says she died Saturday at an assisted living facility in Henderson, Nevada, after a short illness.

Stevens authored three books about her famous father and called him "a one of a kind" who will always be mentioned as long as there is baseball.

She was adopted by baseball's biggest star soon after Ruth married her mother, Claire Hodgson, in 1929 when Julia was 12.

Stevens was the older of two daughters adopted by Ruth.

Dorothy Ruth Pirone, who was Ruth's younger daughter from a previous relationship, died in 1989."

https://www.ktnv.com/3c1ed879c89940168042699d943a066b

Longer article here
    https://amp.si.com/mlb/2019/03/10/ba...h-stevens-dies
    Last edited by jasonbourne; 03-13-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Nationals sign LHP Tony Sipp to a one year, $1.25 million contract. Good deal for them, and they continue to upgrade their bullpen depth.

Carlos Gonzalez signs a minor league deal with the Indians. He'll get a $2M base salary if he makes the roster.

Apparently more than half of the Phillies 25-man had to be disciplined for playing Fortnite during ball games last year and Carlos Santana smashed a TV with a bat to send a message to his teammates. Lmao.

Carlos Santana Was So Mad the Phillies Were Playing Fortnite During Games, He Smashed Their TV

He apparently bashed it to bits with a baseball bat.

The Philadelphia Phillies had a disappointing 2018 season—and the team’s former first baseman thinks it might have had something to do with his ex-teammates’ Fortnight obsession, which was apparently so intense that it inspired the slugger to bash the clubhouse television to bits with a baseball bat.

Carlos Santana, who’s now back with the Cleveland Indians, told ESPN a wild story Monday about how, during the midst of a withering losing streak in the final stretch of the season last September, he got fed up watching his teammates play the popular video game during baseball games that he destroyed the team’s TV.

“We come and lose too many games, and I feel like they weren’t worried about it,” Santana said, declining to say which former teammates couldn’t stop playing video games during ball games. “Weren’t respecting their teammates or coaches or the staff or the [front] office. But I’m angry because I want to make it good.”

The Phillies confirmed to ESPN that the excessive Fortnight play led to the incident, and said they’ve spent the offseason attempting to professionalize its clubhouse culture in the wake of the team’s rapid fall from first in their division to a below-.500 third from August to the end of the season.
    https://www.menshealth.com/trending-...na-smashed-tv/

Gabe Kapler needs to get control of the clubhouse, that's just a lack of respect for the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Carlos Gonzalez signs a minor league deal with the Indians. He'll get a $2M base salary if he makes the roster.
    That's not a bad deal for CarGo at this stage. Chances are he may not start on the 25 man, but he will be there a couple weeks into the season.

Yankees sign Gio Gonzalez to a minor league deal.

30-plus starts the past four years.* And the Yankees can limit him to whatever innings/times through the roster to save his effectiveness with their bullpen.* Really good addition, especially this late.**

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Apparently more than half of the Phillies 25-man had to be disciplined for playing Fortnite during ball games last year and Carlos Santana smashed a TV with a bat to send a message to his teammates. Lmao.
    lol its addictive as ****. Id be pissed as well though

Michael Fulmer. UCL surgery. Out 2019 and maybe part of 2020.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast