Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Philly ends this year as...

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st round exit

2 9.52%
  • conf. semis

9 42.86%
  • conf. finals

6 28.57%
  • finals

1 4.76%
  • winner

3 14.29%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

From being laughed at for 4 year's too 50 wins and the 3 seed. Gooooooo sixers

IS embiid back soon? These guys got a shot at taking the east this year

It depends who they play and when they play them. I think they can win a round. The playoff experience of the other veteran teams will be too much for them, not to mention they are very good teams.

Could easily make ECF as well as flame out in 1st or 2nd round, they are a year or two away, its always the young superstars process they have to face, Bron did as well early in his career

if the Sixers had the young/peak AI3 or If Fultz was up near that level then I would pick them to come out because that would be some serious firepower for Bron to overcome at this stage in his career but since they don't and I could see Wizards or even Pacers given them fits but the Boston injuries have opened it up, even the injuries to Cavs have hurt them somewhat but they still have the best player so that really counts in playoffs

76ers' these last two games are very very critical. I mean for the whole eastern conference. If they can finish 3rd in the east. The can play the very shorthanded celtics in the 2nd round (of course if they can make it out first round) and can have a HCA in the conference finals if lbj can get past the raptors.

I know all these are hypotethical right now but this has been a super exciting season on both conferences.

If Embiid can return and put on a show, I could see them making the NBA Eastern Conference Finals. With a complete meltdown by the Cavaliers (my pick to outlast the Raptors, Celtics, Wizards), it's *possible* the 76ers make magic and get into the Finals.

Watching Simmons dunk at will was like watching NBA Jam or something in real life. Rookie of the year, no doubt, with this triple doubles and athleticism. Embiid is just awesome to watch. They are playing with fire and joy right now, and it's tough to beat a team like that. Plus with Irving going down for the Celtics and Wall just now coming back for the Wizards, it's the perfect chance to stun the world.

Moving forward, assuming Embiid can mostly live up to that contract and stay healthy, I definitely think this team can stay relevant and become a contender (be in the mix like Toronto, Boston, etc) every year. If Embiid gets hurt again, though, yes, Simmons is a stud but Fultz would have to become a bigger force as well for them to stay in the mix.

I'm personally hoping for the Rockets to make the Finals this year. But it's not completely preposterous to say it could be Warriors/76ers or Rockets/76ers. Part of me wants to see the Cavaliers vs Rockets. Too bad Irving got hurt, cuz Celtics/Rockets or Celtics/Warriors would've been cool. Raptors would be nice to see make it, too.

My gut says the 76ers go out in the second round once they start to struggle versus a more experienced team, but I could see them going down in the ECF too. It's definitely nice to see them turn it around, as they were like in 9th place early on this season before their win streak got going, mostly due to Embiid and Simmons. Fultz coming back was a nice surprise.

If they make the ECF, I see LeBron taking them out. That staredown was awesome! But c'mon LeBron, make that free throw, son!
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 04-09-2018 at 07:38 PM.

A series with Miami in round one would be epic.

Assuming they stay the 3 seed, and match Milwaukee in the first round, that should be a win without too much issue. Greek can only do so much. Maybe a loss or two.

But then it's the Heat/Celtics, which they should be able to also beat.

But Cleveland/Toronto is probably too much.

So for fun

Raptors over Wizards
    Cavs over Pacers
    76ers over Bucks
    Celtics barely over Heat

Cavs over Raptors
    76ers over Celtics

Cavs over 76ers

West

Rockets over Wolves
    Spurs over Jazz
    Blazers over Thunder
    Warriors over Pelicans

Rockets over Spurs
    Warriors over Blazers

Warriors over Rockets

Warriors over Cavs

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    It depends on the brackets. If Cleveland and TO play each other in the second round, they can get to the conference finals.

However, almost nobody on that team has playoff experence. That makes this really tough to call. They are gelling together at the end of the season, which help, and the big question mark if Fultz, who teams haven't gotten a chance to scout.

But even against Boston they are going against a very well-coached team. And Cleveland has extensive playoff expeirence. I don't think Toronto wants to lose their shot to the finals to the 76ers a second time (VC and co. lost to Mount Mutumbo and that chucker back in the day).

Even a first round match-up could prove challenging for the Sixers though. Washington has a veyr good squad....

Tough call.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Screw the Sixers.
    Year after year, season after season of deliberate tanking; I could never root for those douche bags.
    The way Hinkie went about this rebuild was embarrassing.
    They disgraced the league and the sport, as both Stern and Silver essentially acknowledged.
    I hope Boston kicks the snot out of 'em for the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkabibble View Post
    Screw the Sixers.
    Year after year, season after season of deliberate tanking; I could never root for those douche bags.
    The way Hinkie went about this rebuild was embarrassing.
    They disgraced the league and the sport, as both Stern and Silver essentially acknowledged.
    I hope Boston kicks the snot out of 'em for the next 10 years.
    Yup. Total embarrassment to the sport, should be punished by the league for example lose draft picks TBH

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Yup. Total embarrassment to the sport, should be punished by the league for example lose draft picks TBH
    You wanna fine 'em draft picks go right ahead, skippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkabibble View Post
    You wanna fine 'em draft picks go right ahead, skippy.
    You thought I was being sarcastic, buddy man? We've never had a league where teams compete to blatantly lose. It's a huge detriment to the league, something needs to be done apart from what they're planning to do

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    You thought I was being sarcastic, buddy man? We've never had a league where teams compete to blatantly lose. It's a huge detriment to the league, something needs to be done apart from what they're planning to do
    Yes I did. My bad....
    I really do feel the Sixers did a disservice to the NBA going the route they chose to rebuild.
    Now they've got a future but boy, did they dump all over their fans, advertisers and season ticket holders.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast