Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Called up in late August I think
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    They didnít play this service time game with Giolitto....I fully expect if Kopech and Jimenez are anything above average if called up this year and healthy through spring training, they will be on opening day roster. The owner simply doesnít care about service time, and never has....if they are ready, they will be playing
    The only time it has really been applicable, before this year was with Rodon. I guess you could consider the Moncada thing last year, he came up in July. There really hasn't been an Eloy or Kopech situation in this organization in recent memory.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Jimenez and Kopech will both most definitely stay in the minors for two weeks next year if they arenít up this year. It wouldnít make sense to keep them down all this year, when they are ready, just to give away all that service time for a week or two of games.

Iíd be pissed if they started the season in the majors. And Iím in favor of them being up now. I thought it shouldíve been a while ago. I think 2+ months of development and seeing major league hitters or pitchers wouldíve been a big time benefit for both of them and the 2019 team.
    I guess I agree, but Iím assuming they are both September callups this year at the latest, and will push the envelope by their performance. If they sign any meaningful free agents, I expect Reinsdorf to jump in here and demand they start season on roster as he wants to win

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112