Luis Robert 2020
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Luis Robert 2020
    OK perhaps you have a better handle on that then the rest of us. As far as the larger picture, Sox fans are not going to wait until 2020 for this team to compete or to see some prospects come up and demonstrate what they have against ML competition.For example, I like seeing Fulmer pitch because it gives the fans an idea where he might fit in or not fit in.

This year is turning into an unmitigated disaster as far as W/L and it may start to really impact ticket sales and fan interest. In short, I do not think that the Sox can keep premier prospects like Luis Robert down for two seasons in the Minors and try to sell tickets with players like Delmonico, Engel, Davidson, Palka, Leurt Garcia, Sanchez, Castillo. My patience for this rebuild is thin right now and will be over after this season.

GP my handle is common sense. Luis Robert is 20, hasn't played a single game in this country and is recovering from an injury. Why you or anyone else thinks he will or should be brought up/rushed to the major leagues sooner is beyond comprehension. (FWIW it's just you). Fulmer was drafted in 2015 after playing at least three years of college ball, considering he's a regular whipping boy of yours I'm surprised you would bring him up in a slightly positive light.

Pretty sure ticket sales are already impacted and as far as the fan interest, well feel free to jump ship if you want, and rejoin with the rest when things turn around. You will see Kopech and you may see Jimenez this year but that's about it. The White Sox will do what's best for them, and that doesn't include rushing prospects to the majors just to appease fans whose "patience is thin".
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    GP my handle is common sense. Luis Robert is 20, hasn't played a single game in this country and is recovering from an injury. Why you or anyone else thinks he will or should be brought up/rushed to the major leagues sooner is beyond comprehension. (FWIW it's just you). Fulmer was drafted in 2015 after playing at least three years of college ball, considering he's a regular whipping boy of yours I'm surprised you would bring him up in a slightly positive light.

Pretty sure ticket sales are already impacted and as far as the fan interest, well feel free to jump ship if you want, and rejoin with the rest when things turn around. You will see Kopech and you may see Jimenez this year but that's about it. The White Sox will do what's best for them, and that doesn't include rushing prospects to the majors just to appease fans whose "patience is thin".
    Right lol! At the earliest you will see Robert for September call ups in 2019 and that is highly unlikely.

No White Sox fan with a brain is jumping ship though. For one real fans don't jump ship period. The real fans know what is sitting in the minors though. Kopech and Cease to potential 1/2 starters. Dunning who will be a solid middle of the rotation guy. He looks like a decent 3 solid 4 to me. Alec Hansen who has a could be a top end guy as well.

Then you have Eloy/Robert/Rutherford as a potential future OF. Guys like Adolfo and Basabe who look pretty damn good in their own right. 2 top 5 picks in the next 2 years more than likely. Yoan Moncada looking the part. Gilioto and Reynaldo already in the majors. Look at where the Braves were the last how many years. They flipped that switch with the quickness this season with Albies and Acuna producing.

They should bring up both Kopech and Jimenez for the Cubs series next weekend!!! That would be one exciting weekend in a otherwise lost season.

As far as Robert goes.......lets see how he plays when he is healthy and how he progresses..........At least then we can discuss when can or should they bring him up. Everything I have seen of him and heard of him he might be able to get a call up late 2019....

Joel Booker .333 AVG .420 OBP 24 years old
    Micker Adolfo .330 AVG .403 OBP 21 years old
    Blake Rutherford .330 AVG .355 OBP 21 years old
    Luis Basabe .287 AVG .410 OBP 21 years old
    Luis Gonzalez .340 AVG .409 OBP 22 years old
    Eloy Jimenez .329 AVG .347+ OBP 21 years old
    Luis Robert N/A 20 years old

That is pretty ridiculous OF depth down on the farm.

In other news Zack Collins is 2/3 with 2 more BB's and a HR and 2 RBI's. BA up to .247 after a horrific start!!! His OBP is stupid good. 28 BB's this season. Next highest is 21.

Zeby Zavala also hit his Southern League Leading 7th HR.

Crazy that Eloy has 6 HR in only 2 weeks.

Luis Robert after he sprained his thumb on a slide into second base in a game against the Reds on March 7, 2018:

"When I was walking to home plate, I heard the crowd and they were chanting for me," the third-ranked White Sox prospect said. "It made me excited. I took a deep breath and focused. I was ready for the slider. He threw me the pitch and I hit it. When I hit the ball, I knew it was gone."
    https://www.milb.com/milb/news/luis-...ox/c-268104466

Get this guy up here later this season to bring that level of excitement back to the ballpark. Engel should be DFA by then.

Not gonna happen
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Yeah he's the least likely of our OF's to make it to the Majors this year. Honestly don't see Rutherford, Adolfo (he has to have surgery), or Robert even making it to AAA this year. Eloy and Kopech will be the big names getting a call. Dunning has a decent shot at a rotation spot in September. At least I would entertain that with him. Next year the next big names will start the same track as Eloy. Likely starting in AA, moving to AAA, and getting a mid Summer call. 2020 is the season you will see us roll out a lineup worthy of excitement on day 1.

I can see Collins or Zavala making it to the majors late this year also. Kevan Smith will be up as soon as an injury happens or Narvaez or Castillo go on an extended slump.

Surgery? For??

Sox in the mix for Harvey.....I would take a flyer,at a very low cost.

Law's first mock has the Sox taking Joey Bart.........Not my first choice,but you can never have enough catching prospects...IMO. Also the Sox have targeted 7 players at #4....

I think when Robert is activated at Winston-Salem, we will see Basabe move to AA, and Eloy move to AAA. Kopech will be up when that Super 2 status clears. Not sure when that is but I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Cease should be in AA soon, and I could see Dunning maybe taking Kopech's spot if he strings together a few more quality starts in AA.

Zavala and Eloy went b2b. Collins went warning track and polo sent the CF’er for a long run

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast