Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Good article....Money wise there isn't that much of a difference, all it does is make the club look bad! Jimenez will go to arbitration every year going forward (as a super two)...It just brings unnecessary animosity to the club.

I will say that I was one who was completely for bringing Eloy up in July. But I think the Eloy will be pissed crowd is a little over the top. The Cubs did the same thing to Kris Bryant and we don't hear anything about it anymore. There is still an ongoing investigation on the grievance filed by Bryant, but that's been 2 years and nothing.

I think this will all be forgotten in time.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I will say that I was one who was completely for bringing Eloy up in July. But I think the Eloy will be pissed crowd is a little over the top. The Cubs did the same thing to Kris Bryant and we don't hear anything about it anymore. There is still an ongoing investigation on the grievance filed by Bryant, but that's been 2 years and nothing.

I never cared. I'm just happy he is crushing it in AAA and will more than likely get an early call up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post

But you donít know how Bryant is planning on approaching free agency. Thatís my major concern. Hopefully Eloy doesnít hold a grudge and decides to not negotiate with the sox until free agency. I realize a lot of things can change, I just hope it pans out in time

Money talks, you think if the Cubs throw $300+ million at Bryant he's going to say "well you held me down for two weeks in April of 2015 and I am still not over it!"

Hell no he is going to say where do I sign. I don't get why people are upset at Hahn and the front office. They are just doing what's best for their business. Remember 7 is greater than 6, and I much rather have Eloy on the Sox through 2025 than waste a month now and lose a whole year of control.

I'd say that 100% of White Sox fans would love to see Eloy called up this month, why the hell not.
    But the rules are what they are, like them or not. About half of these same fans agree, half don't.
    In the end, playing baseball is Eloy's job and Rick Hahn is his boss.
    To me it's just that simple.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Money talks, you think if the Cubs throw $300+ million at Bryant he's going to say "well you held me down for two weeks in April of 2015 and I am still not over it!"

Hell no he is going to say where do I sign. I don't get why people are upset at Hahn and the front office. They are just doing what's best for their business. Remember 7 is greater than 6, and I much rather have Eloy on the Sox through 2025 than waste a month now and lose a whole year of control.
    And what if the Yankees offer him $305 million? Maybe he decides to walk. The point is to try and make the player happy and not ever have to get to the point that he is a free agent until he is over 30.

Iím pretty sure Bryant isnít listening to an early extension, and part of that could be because of the way the cubs treated him. If Eloy approaches free agency, thereís a good chance we donít resign him, as there are now numerous other teams in the picture and we are going to have to pay more $ now anyways if we did.

So to your point, yes, 7 is greater than 6, but 10 is greater than 7, and that is what happens when you are able to give early extensions the way the sox have over the past 5-6 years.

And what if the Yankees offer him $305 million? Maybe he decides to walk. The point is to try and make the player happy and not ever have to get to the point that he is a free agent until he is over 30.

Iím pretty sure Bryant isnít listening to an early extension, and part of that could be because of the way the cubs treated him. If Eloy approaches free agency, thereís a good chance we donít resign him, as there are now numerous other teams in the picture and we are going to have to pay more $ now anyways if we did.

So to your point, yes, 7 is greater than 6, but 10 is greater than 7, and that is what happens when you are able to give early extensions the way the sox have over the past 5-6 years.
    Totally agree,again....The Cubs haven't approached Bryant for an extension why not? Hmmmm, he's got more to prove? He is a franchise player,so I don't understand why don't they locking him up. Maybe its because they feel he is still pissed and wants to go year by year till FA. And finally 10 is better then 7. Anyway its done and I will never agree with it.....
    And finally for people that keep bringing up its a business and its about the money....All clubs waste a ton of money on FA so have the Sox, maybe they should concentrate on signing their own players and one way that works is by simply bringing guys up when they deserve it and those guys are more willing to sign long term,prior to FA year.
    Last edited by Bainsy; 09-06-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Maybe we should all check back in 2025? Until then Ö
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Southside has been shameless this year

If Bryant leaves over 5 million that LOL worthy. Also I am sure the Cubs would give him the extra $5 million.

How do you know the Sox won't resign him? Have you read his players tribune article, he loves Chicago. I don't see him ever leaving.

Here is the link an excerpt from the article.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...icago-im-ready

I donít mean to get too emotional or sappy about it, but I honestly look at the city of Chicago as a place that God brought into my life for a special reason. A place where He has wanted me to be even from the time that I was a little kid running around back in the DR.

Truly. Like divine intervention.

Not too many people know this, but Iíve actually been coming to Chicago to play ball from the time I was 11 years old. Our traveling team would come up to compete in tournaments, and to this day I still remember being completely blown away by those visits.

Everything about the city just had me in awe ó the huge buildings, all the things to do and places to eat, the energy of the people, just Ö everything.

I recall literally telling a bunch of my friends back then that one day I was going to be playing there.

ďThis is where I want to be,Ē Iíd say. ďI want to play ball in Chicagooooo!Ē
    You say 10 is greater than 7, where are you getting the number 10 from?

Also Bainsy the White Sox are the best when it comes to locking guys up early on long term team friendly deals. Examples are Anderson, Eaton, Quintana & Sale.

I also find it funny that some of you guys think they White Sox WON'T resign Ely when he hit free agency. So don't you think you would want that free agency to start in 2025 and NOT 2024?

10 is coming from a possible early extension the way the sox have done with most of their star players in the past....letting him hit free agency in 7 years would be a big mistake, but if thatís what he wants theirs nothing you can do about it.

Iíve never seen that article about him and Chicago, hopefully that will sway him and his agent to accepting an early extension then even if the sox hold him back to the point it upsets him.

But back to Bryant, which could potentially be the same scenario with Eloy, allowing him to hit free agency can cost the cubs way more money in the long run because all teams have the ability to negotiate, and maybe they donít give the cubs the ability to match an offer....but who knows, maybe they never were willing to sign an early extension, so that 1 extra year will be worth it.

Thereís just so so so many more pros to the 1 con in calling him up now of saving 1 year of potential service.

[QUOTE=DaSox_05;32534052]If Bryant leaves over 5 million that LOL worthy. Also I am sure the Cubs would give him the extra $5 million.

How do you know the Sox won't resign him? Have you read his players tribune article, he loves Chicago. I don't see him ever leaving.

Here is the link an excerpt from the article.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...icago-im-ready

You say 10 is greater than 7, where are you getting the number 10 from?

Also Bainsy the White Sox are the best when it comes to locking guys up early on long term team friendly deals. Examples are Anderson, Eaton, Quintana & Sale.

I also find it funny that some of you guys think they White Sox WON'T resign Ely when he hit free agency. So don't you think you would want that free agency to start in 2025 and NOT 2024?[/QU

Apparently he loves Charlotte more.....He's still there!

I have seen more then a few people bring up " service time is in the CBA" this is the rule.........So why doesn't Hahn then say "we are keeping you down for the extra year" its the rule??? Why isn't he honest...its the rule and the clubs call? Why make up a BS check box list? I think the fans and the kid would be better served.

This team just can't catch a break. Kopech needs Tommy john surgery. Will miss all of 2019 season.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314