Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    MM:

That is why I want Robert up here.....this year!
    Leury is better as a placeholder than Engel since he has some added value as an infield/outfield utility player. Having said that, I hope Adam makes it because this may be his last real shot. MLB can be pretty brutal for guys that are on the fringe between minor league and major league careers.

Robert is not ready for the major leagues.
    Sorry GP, it's just not gonna happen this year. Sit back and wait for Eloy. 2019 will be here before you know it.
    Your other favorite, Carson Fulmer looks ok today, so far anyway
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Man you guys are hilarious.....!!!!!!

Bat Moncada 9th LOL!!! He walks the most and sees the most pitches per plate appearance on the team.

Bring up Robert, one he is hurt and two he has never ever been in the minors yet! Or even played baseball in the USA.

Also Hahn has said in the past Abreu is more valuable to them, and won't get back exactly what they want/need in terms of value to them.

Stop overreacting 10 games into the season, this is called the development stage for a lot of these guys. Patience please, this season we want to see them somewhere around .500. But with that dreadful bullpen that might not happen, let's see how these guys develop and I am sure Eloy and Kopech will be up here this season.

As bad as you guys think Moncada has been, his OBP is close to .350. No need to move him down in lineup. The weather has been adsolutely brutal. As Muttman said, give him another month before jumping off the mountain here.

On a positive note.....Davidson is drawing a lot of walks and striking out much less.....

White Sox & Redskins Forever

I honestly think 2020 is more likely for Robert than 2019. As said, he hasn't even touched the minors yet. Everything he's done so far doesn't hold much water.

Listening to the Score this morning, the Tribune baseball guy David Haugh (?) said it pretty well I thought ... it's not about winning this year for the White Sox, it's about player development. It's hard for some fans to grasp that, and I get it - we want them to win, but it's another "trust the process" thing. He also mentioned, ahem ... HOW VALUABLE Abreu is to the team in his leadership role, especially to Moncada.
    Luis Robert 2020 seems about right to me, maybe he gets a call up in September '19, who knows.
    Major league service time is important, you don't want to start that clock ticking too soon.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Yeh, we need to calm down,but, losing to these weaker teams is frustrating in that it seems like wasted opportunities....but...in no way are we giving up on the rebuild. I went into this year with only expecting an upward move by this team. I wanted to see growth of the young guys and that excitement of "Rick's Boys Don't Quit". I thought this team should flirt with .500 ball, and in 2019 contend for a playoff spot. All of this can still happen,but, a 1-7 mark over the last 8 games ,along with a .220 mark from the prize prospect clouds common sense. I think we all know things will get better,just venting a bit over years of frustration...

I think people are guessing about Luis Robert as much as I am. My own opinion is based on seeing him at Spring Training - the way he handled himself (controlled emotions, maturity), his core strength, advanced conditioning, raw power, and his approach at the plate. I am saying he arrives later this season but what do I know, right?

But disagreement with the trajectory of prospects should not be viewed in a vacuum. As I stated about the horrible bullpen after the Home Opener, sometimes moves have to be made to avoid repeated demoralizing losses and a tank team that the fans will not come out to see. Kudos to the Sox for sending Minaya down and trying Rondon instead. At least try to keep the games close.

So I am watching the game with Will Perdue in the booth with Benny and Stoney.
    Will Perdue states that it is really great how White Sox fans are really buying in to this rebuild like Bulls fans are..... as the game camera is showing one lone fan (not me) watching the game in the Left field bleachers.
    Maybe bringing up exciting prospects is something more fans will come out to the ball park to see even if they are not "ready". MLB is after all, a business.
    Last edited by garypeters; 04-11-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Hard to argue when only 900 people show up, but still ... afternoon baseball in freezing temperatures means something. But hey, if you need constant excitement to be a fan, well you probably are in the wrong place.
    Being a Sox fan, like being a Bears fan requires a lot of patience, a good sense of humor and lots
    of thick skin if you want to post in this forum!
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I actually go to several games every year MM so consider the fan perspective. It's easier to watch a tank team on TV with remote control in hand.

When I lived in the area, I went often myself, had partial season tickets in '78 and '79 ... saw my last game in Chicago in 2016. Good on you for supporting the team GP. My fan perspective is, that I'm a fan. I like it when they win, not so much when they lose. At least now they have a direction and it seems like a good plan to me. I don't want them to rush prospects or sign expensive free agents, not this year - just to win a few more games and keep me entertained. Guess I'm a big picture kind of guy, but to each his own.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 04-11-2018 at 05:04 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Man you guys are hilarious.....!!!!!!

Bat Moncada 9th LOL!!! He walks the most and sees the most pitches per plate appearance on the team.

Bring up Robert, one he is hurt and two he has never ever been in the minors yet! Or even played baseball in the USA.

Also Hahn has said in the past Abreu is more valuable to them, and won't get back exactly what they want/need in terms of value to them.

Stop overreacting 10 games into the season, this is called the development stage for a lot of these guys. Patience please, this season we want to see them somewhere around .500. But with that dreadful bullpen that might not happen, let's see how these guys develop and I am sure Eloy and Kopech will be up here this season.

The only guy worth bringing up would be a lefty batter ready to contribute at the major league level, and that is...

Infante Gawn.

Again, kudos to the Sox for not just sitting back, rolling over and tanking the season.

Volstad up in his place........maybe Cedeno would have been better...

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast