Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Don't forget about Kopech ... even if Moncada fails or under performs, they have an ace in the hole.
    Chris Sale was/is an outstanding talent. He was also a royal pain in the *** - which he proved with his antics, cutting up uniforms, the Drake saga, who knows what else. He needed to move on.

Bottom line, the jury is still out, way out on this deal. I suspect that when things warm up, Moncada and a few others will too.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 04-09-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Ok, I have been on Moncada,but, still have faith he will become a star. I read an article that he rates at the top in the league on hard hit balls. They just need to find the holes.

The Eaton and Q trades really look good now too....

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Just to put in perspective.......

Sox give up.......

Sale
    Quintana
    Eaton

Sox get in return.....

Giolito
    Lopez
    Dunning
    Moncada
    Kopech
    Basabe
    Diaz
    Jimenez
    Cease
    Rose
    Flete

White Sox & Redskins Forever

I am concerned a little with Moncada, but it will take time as in 2-3 years for all these guys at the MLB level and guys coming up in the future to get established and consistent....That's why Jose Abreau being on this team going forward makes no sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I am concerned a little with Moncada, but it will take time as in 2-3 years for all these guys at the MLB level and guys coming up in the future to get established and consistent....That's why Jose Abreau being on this team going forward makes no sense...
    Whether you realize it or not you just made the point EXACTLY why Abreu needs to be on this team, especially the players from Latin America and specifically Cuba (Robert & Moncada).

It's possible they deal him at the deadline, but I don't think so.
    Last edited by Muttman73; 04-09-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Whether you realize it or not you just made the point EXACTLY why Abreu needs to be on this team, especially the players from Latin America and specifically Cuba (Robert & Moncada).

It's possible they deal him at the deadline, but I don't think so.
    I believe Moncada can hit .111 for the month without his help.....

People have to stop acting like this is little league....If Jimmy is not on then team then Johnny cant play.......WTF?
    Besides i do believe the manager speaks Spanish! So if he needs talking to should be the manager.

You canít trade a guy if there isnít a market for him. Thereís no sense in trading him now just because. I believe RH has said he is listening to all offers, there just hasnít been anything good yet. Abreu hasnít shown any signs of declining, so he can still be a big piece in the teams hopefully early contending years of 2019 and 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I believe Moncada can hit .111 for the month without his help.....
    Demonstrating again your lack of understanding. It's .222 I believe right now, but whatever.
    Millions of dollars invested in these guys, every edge helps. Abreu is a leader, another topic I'm sure your not familiar with. Successful teams need leaders, on the field and in the dugout.
    Like it or not ... Abreu, like Konerko before him is the leader on this team.
    Trading him sets the team back and as of right now serves no purpose. The time may come for that, but it's not now.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Demonstrating again your lack of understanding. It's .222 I believe right now, but whatever.
    Millions of dollars invested in these guys, every edge helps. Abreu is a leader, another topic I'm sure your not familiar with. Successful teams need leaders, on the field and in the dugout.
    Like it or not ... Abreu, like Konerko before him is the leader on this team.
    Trading him sets the team back and as of right now serves no purpose. The time may come for that, but it's not now.
    Why do you need a LEADER to "TANK" to use your favorite description of this team last year and this year? You are constantly talking "tank" about processional athletes paid to compete...That's the ultimate insult to any athlete. And i never said to give Abreau away for peanuts....Because Im pretty sure in 2-3 years he will bring a lot less.............when he is 34 or 35 years old.

Demonstrating again your lack of understanding. It's .222 I believe right now, but whatever. Millions of dollars invested in these guys, every edge helps. Abreu is a leader, another topic I'm sure your not familiar with.
    I agree with Shorvath that the Sox will wait until there is a market for Abreu, then consider trading him *IF* his value is high and the Sox get a high return in trade. I also agree with Bainsy that leadership from Abreu is overrated. It might be better to bring up Luis Robert this year after All Star break and allow him to grow into his position alongside Moncada. Instead, the Sox are allowing Engel to develop on the fly on the 25 man roster when his upside is probably a lot lower than Robert.
    Let's see how Eloy and Robert perform in the minors. If one or both continue to rake, I say bring them up.
    Generally speaking, time is something that one should not waste. That concept applies in spades to a player's Major league career since the window for optimum performance seems to be shrinking. Once a player starts sniffing his mid twenties, he becomes a seasoned veteran, then late twenties it is time to look for the last big contract before hanging them up.
    Moncada better start hitting, In the meantime he does not deserve to lead off. I would start Leury in CF, bat him in the lead-off spot, send Engel down and bring up Cease.

GP, I get your infatuation with Robert but he absolutely will not see the major leagues this year - nor should he.
    In spite of his injury, he has ZERO minor league experience, to bring him up would be foolish.

The funny thing about Abreu and his leadership is that while you and Bainsy may think it's overrated, the players don't, the coaching staff doesn't and the general manager doesn't either, hmmm ...

In order to build a successful team you need leaders, like it or nor, Abreu is the leader on this team and will remain in that role at least for the foreseeable future.

I also understand your chicken little mentality, the sky is always falling - but the reality is that the Sox have played 9 games, most of which were in weather not really suitable for baseball. Can I say calm the hell down, just a little? If a month from now Moncada still isn't hitting I'll consider agreeing with you.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I also understand your chicken little mentality, the sky is always falling - but the reality is that the Sox have played 9 games, most of which were in weather not really suitable for baseball. Can I say calm the hell down, just a little? If a month from now Moncada still isn't hitting I'll consider agreeing with you.
    Avi shows no signs of regression as you suspected.
    Abreu is fine but may not fit in with your tank and wait two years scenario.
    I have no issue with Moncada except that for the moment, I would bat him in the 9 hold and lead off with someine else....maybe Leury or Anderson.
    I am not convinced Engle will hit but I guess we'll see. I think he may be on a short leash because he is batting a combined .167 over 2 seasons and 324 mlb at bats.
    That is after 5 seasons in the minors.

9 games GP
    Tanks need commanders (Abreu)
    Engle will sink or swim, I wanted Cordell in CF myself

You want to talk about a guy who has had his chances, Leury Garcia, 247 games over 7 + years ... .230 batting average. I'd like to think that speaks for itself.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

How much time did Jacob may get last season to prove his worth, or as it turns out - lack of.
    I want to say it was early May.
    The thing that I guess only me thinks is that Moncada is the heir apparent, he is the boy king ... the White Sox really want him to live up to the hype and be what he has been projected to be (but hasn't shown yet).
    Having Abreu around makes Moncada better, maybe when/if he gets established he takes over in that role for Eloy/Robert/Adolpho and Abreu can be dealt away...but until that happens.
    Now you want to rush a prospect, Eloy is the one I feel will be up in July. He is much further along in the process than Robert, that's your rookie project GP.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast