Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    If you talking extra year of service that's different......I believe 3 weeks into April is the cutoff, i could be wrong it might be different for pitchers..not sure.
    Itís pretty stupid how baseball handles. But teams tend to hold off players past the super 2 deadline a few extra weeks to avoid having the players go to arbitration in there 3rd year, which could have huge impacts in there salary, especially non competitive teams like us. This could result in close to $20 million dollars by the time the player reaches free agency for all-star type players. That is the single reason why Jimenez and Kopech arenít up yet. Calling them up now wouldnít change there service time towards free agency, but it would allow them to become arb. eligible after the 2020 season.
    Last edited by shorvath721; 05-12-2018 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Typo

What's the latest on Avi & Moncada injuries ?

White Sox & Redskins Forever

I read an article a few days ago that Moncada was taking ground balls and team was optimistic he would be back after 10 day window. Garcia ran yesterday at the game, but looks like he will do a rehab stint, so still over a week away

Maybe Muttman is right...........They are tanking and thats the reason Fullmer is here! lol
    I don't think the plan was to tank this year. Having said that, this is really bad. Fulmer needs to be relegated to the bullpen I think, his confidence is shot. Kopech isn't ready yet, he's not the answer. I'd shop the scrap head for a couple of veterans to sacrifice for the next few months.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Ten wins on May 13th, not good.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

If you talking extra year of service that's different......I believe 3 weeks into April is the cutoff, i could be wrong it might be different for pitchers..not sure.
    I believe it is late May or into June.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    I believe it is late May or into June.
    You guys are talking about two different, but similar situations. One is service time, which is 140 days or something, the other is super status. I'm not real familiar with that one, but I read something about it recently.
    Kopech will be up in July most likely, but who knows.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Moncada will come off the DL tomorrow. Jose Rodon was send down after the game yesterday.

Read the link I posted above about super two status. Itís essentially going to arbitration a year earlier, which can mean 10-20 million bucks saved. Bad for players, good for teams

Can we just NOT give up a big first inning once this year!!! This is getting ugly!!!

Lots of draft chatter out there now....All signs are pointing to Nick Madrigal for the Sox with the 4th pick....I don't understand the thinking if true. If he can play short then ok...If he can only play 2nd base then its a head scratcher......Maybe they are thinking of moving Moncada to the outfield....They, Im sure will go with college player with the pick.......So Singer or Bart if one is there, Id be cool with.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I don't think the plan was to tank this year. Having said that, this is really bad. Fulmer needs to be relegated to the bullpen I think, his confidence is shot. Kopech isn't ready yet, he's not the answer. I'd shop the scrap head for a couple of veterans to sacrifice for the next few months.

They'll call up Jordan Stephens and/or Dane Dunning or maybe let Chris Beck start well before calling up the biggest ticket prospects. Would you really want Jimenez and Kopech to start their careers on a team that loses 115 games? Besides, North Carolina is safer than Chi-town.

Quote Originally Posted by swanekj View Post

They'll call up Jordan Stephens and/or Dane Dunning or maybe let Chris Beck start well before calling up the biggest ticket prospects. Would you really want Jimenez and Kopech to start their careers on a team that loses 115 games? Besides, North Carolina is safer than Chi-town.

What difference does it make. Moncada is up, Fulmer and Gio are up. Let the kids play together, develop as players together and grow as a team together.
    And "Chi-town" is safe just like any major city in this country unless you venture into bad neighborhoods, but that is something that no major league player or Sox fan from the suburbs attending a game is likely to do.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast