Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Chris Sale is a great pitcher, no disputing that. Trading him was the right thing to do, his talent was being wasted in Chicago. He wanted out, he made that clear in actions if not in words, he was obliged.
    I still have high hopes for Moncada and Kopech, 23 and 21 respectively I think. To accurately decide the "who won" question, we will have to wait a few more years. Could they have gotten different or better players - Who knows, they got who they got, move on already.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

As much as it kills me to see Moncada strike out at an alarming pace, I know he is very young and has been thrown in the fire quickly. I am confident he will be solid in the near future. Kopech has shown ace stuff in the minors,but, has also shown an, all to familiar high walk ratio. I would love to see him solve that in Charlotte before he comes to Chicago,even if it delays his arrival. Another guy from that trade is Basabe. I really ,really like this kid. The kid has it all, power, speed, hits for average, and plays CF well. He was just promoted to Birmingham . He may be the sleeper in that trade.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    The Sox were pressured (mostly be Sale himself) into do something a major league team should almost never do - trade a once in a lifetime future Hall of Fame player in his prime. Sale might be the best pitcher in White Sox history, or could have been if he stayed in Chicago for the rest of his career.

The entire situation back then was ugly with Ventura and Hahn allowing LaRoche to have his kid running around on the field and in the clubhouse. Ventura obviously had no control over the clubhouse. When Kenny Williams told LaRoche to dial it down, LaRoche decided to cry to Sale and Eaton. Sale acted like a fool cutting up his jersey and hanging LaRoche's jersey on his locker. So the Sox were basically forced into major "rebuild" mode as they had to move the disgruntled and even retaliatory Sale and Eaton.

It is worth remembering this history because that is how and why we got to this point. In hindsight, I wish the Sox just DFAed LaRoche without mentioning his son whatsoever. There was nothing noble in what LaRoche was doing and Sale and Easton were 100% wrong to side with him against the White Sox. At the end of the day, I am glad they are all outta here....yes that includes cry baby, jersey-cutting Sale. What a waste of talent for our team to endure, but it had to be done.

They did not trade Sale because he (pressured them)....they traded Sale because they needed to rebuild the whole thing.They were going nowhere with him,so the trade was a good idea.Just need to do the same thing with Abreu.....

I didn't have an issue with Sale speaking out....I didn't agree with him on the LaRoche thing,but that was his stance on it. If he didn't speak out he'd still be in the bullpen! It took stones to barge into Kenny's office and demand that he start. Always like that more then guys just toeing the company line.

So much for the great Dylan Covey
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    So much for the great Dylan Covey
    Well, definitely a poor outing for him, although he got zero support from his team . Even great pitchers have a poor outing once in a while,but, those on good teams get bailed out by the offense. That doesn't happen here often. Our starters must feel extreme pressure to pitch a shutout every time out. Once they give up a run or two, they most likely say screw it and fall apart.

Point taken, however, I see Covey's success much like I saw Avisail Garcia's success last year. I'm not sold on either one. If the opportunity comes to trade either for anything of substance I'm in.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Congrats to Zack Collins on his home run derby win last night. Hoping to see him moved up sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Another late inning melt down, thanks Soria.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Thankfully we are on the backside of this season.

75 games, need to win 33 to avoid the century mark. The good news is, the Sox are pretty firmly in 3rd place, for the worst record, so they should have another pretty good draft haul next year. These kids have to develop eventually don't they?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Rodon was stellar tonight. Hopefully he keeps this form and shows that true Ace potential

Rodon was awesome tonight. I hope he has that change up all time. Thatís the best Iíve seen his change ever. Didnít have his best slider, but thatís what made tonight so good for him. He was dependent on the fastball/change combo and mixed in some sliders to keep them off balance. Hopefully he can build off that.

Are we ever going to take a real look at Matt Davidson the pitcher? No runs and struck out Stanton lol

Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    Are we ever going to take a real look at Matt Davidson the pitcher? No runs and struck out Stanton lol
    I'm honestly probably the only one not enjoying Davidson's pitching. The dude is so borderline bum at the plate that he's actually having more success doing something he's never done at the professional level. Just sums up how bad this team is right now.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast