Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB GDT Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Eh, don't think he can really get "exposed" there. He isn't a viable long-term CF option. Hicks, Ellsbury are on the DL. Gardner is getting a day off. Those 3 will be the main OFers and can all play CF. Then Clint Frazier would be the COF you deal with in CF for an emergency but he's hurt too. So Judge is just filling in for a rough stretch.
    A little surprised Stanton wouldn't be in center over Judge though

Tommy Pham just made a bonehead play
    Is something wrong with Ozuna arm? If not, Pham should de docked.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Tommy Pham just made a bonehead play
    Is something wrong with Ozuna arm? If not, Pham should de docked.
    On reddit they said the Mets crew talked to McCarver and he said 10 days ago in spring training he made a poor throw so there's speculation he may have a sore arm.

Did Kapler just make another dumb pitching change? They are down 5-2 with Velasquez at 69 pitches with no one throwing in the phillies bullpen?

SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

Kapler is going to kill that bullpen

MattGelb
    Hoby Milner had just started warming up when Gabe Kapler came to make the pitching change. Catcher in bullpen was still standing. Kapler then stalled. Umpire docked warm-up pitches. Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by RomineLettuce View Post
    Well they used 15 pitchers in the first 2 games. I canít envision them having many usable options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have already used 4 tonight and it's just the 6th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixers3Fan View Post
    Did Kapler just make another dumb pitching change? They are down 5-2 with Velasquez at 69 pitches with no one throwing in the phillies bullpen?
    Well they used 15 pitchers in the first 2 games. I canít envision them having many usable options

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    On reddit they said the Mets crew talked to McCarver and he said 10 days ago in spring training he made a poor throw so there's speculation he may have a sore arm.
    I was watching on MLB Extra Innings. They were speculating that Ozuna arm was off.
    Baseball has been very very good to me!

Its nice to have Eaton back. Hopefully he plays more than 3 games this year

MattGelb
    The Phillies used 21 pitchers for the season's first 28 innings. They are off tomorrow.
    Good time for an off day, lol.

Yelich and Cain on fire to start the year

Braun for Kemp?

Doesn't make enough sense for the Brewers unless they are getting prospects and/or good pitching.

Doesn't feel like a match

I would think the Brewers rotation would look something like this:

LF - Yelich
    CF - Cain
    RF - Santana and Braun swap days off vs righties
    1B - Thames starts against righties, Braun starts against lefties

That leaves Yelich and Cain playing everyday, Braun playing basically 85% of the teams games, and Santana and Thames about 67%.

And of course, Yelich and Cain can get days off, and guys like Phillips and Broxton provide plenty of depth.

It wouldn't be talked so much if they had a better rotation, but they clearly need rotation help. I'd like to see (as a fan of baseball, not of the Cards) them get another starter to help anchor that rotation and keep the pen stronger.

MLB GDT Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I would think the Brewers rotation would look something like this:

LF - Yelich
    CF - Cain
    RF - Santana and Braun swap days off vs righties
    1B - Thames starts against righties, Braun starts against lefties

That leaves Yelich and Cain playing everyday, Braun playing basically 85% of the teams games, and Santana and Thames about 67%.

And of course, Yelich and Cain can get days off, and guys like Phillips and Broxton provide plenty of depth.

It wouldn't be talked so much if they had a better rotation, but they clearly need rotation help. I'd like to see (as a fan of baseball, not of the Cards) them get another starter to help anchor that rotation and keep the pen stronger.
    Yeah itís a deep team whose gonna have trouble playing everyone early but thereís always the chance of injuries which can clear things up in a hurry. With Choi I think they could maybe trade or let go of Aguilar but thereís really no rush.

Stearns said that they like the rotation they have and feel itís underrated. They donít want to add a guy just to add someone as they feel Peralta/Burnes could be up later this year and maybe next year. Itís why they didnít make a strong play for Cobb or Lynn.

If Nelson can come back healthy Anderson/Nelson/Davies/Chacin is pretty solid then you have Woodruff/Suter fighting for the 5 spot with Peralta/Burnes lurking.

Iím also pretty excited about the bullpen. Albers/Jeffress/Barnes/Jennings is pretty solid and Hader is a stud. CK is his usual self so far

Overall itís a solid team. 85 wins looks pretty good with a few more potentially depending on how Nelson does

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    If Nelson can come back healthy Anderson/Nelson/Davies/Chacin is pretty solid then you have Woodruff/Suter fighting for the 5 spot with Peralta/Burnes lurking.
    Ehh....I'd say average at best.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast