Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1876

Thread: MLB GDT Thread

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    30,204
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Are they competing even with a completely healthy MVP type Donaldson?
    No but any chance of them competing goes out the window if Donaldson isn't 100%.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    416

    MLB GDT Thread

    Kapler over managing in philly already.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,885
    Now that voting is closed in the MLB prediction thread, I'd like to take a moment to laugh at ManRam for predicting both leagues division series to go SIX games long.

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...php?p=32219991

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixers3Fan View Post
    Kapler over managing in philly already.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, explained in the phillies forum that Nola is a good young pitcher but he has so little sample size to start using the analytics of how he struggles the 3rd time through the lineup.

    He has 90 career IP the third time through the lineup. Numbers aren't great (has like a 4.8 or so ERA but his FIP is 3.8 or lower I think) but he's 24 and will only be able to work through it and get better if he's able to pitch that third time.

    This is the stuff that can ruin a kid.

    Let's just hope Kapler learns from this and doesn't just use the numbers all of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    36,612
    Tigers score four runs in the bottom of the 9th to tie the Pirates.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yup, explained in the phillies forum that Nola is a good young pitcher but he has so little sample size to start using the analytics of how he struggles the 3rd time through the lineup.

    He has 90 career IP the third time through the lineup. Numbers aren't great (has like a 4.8 or so ERA but his FIP is 3.8 or lower I think) but he's 24 and will only be able to work through it and get better if he's able to pitch that third time.

    This is the stuff that can ruin a kid.

    Let's just hope Kapler learns from this and doesn't just use the numbers all of the time.
    Only 68 pitches and they took him out of the game. That's a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    75,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Tigers score four runs in the bottom of the 9th to tie the Pirates.
    Don't worry, the bowelpen will find a way to lose the game.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    36,612
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Don't worry, the bowelpen will find a way to lose the game.
    You mean you don't trust Buck Farmer?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    75,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    You mean you don't trust Buck Farmer?
    I call him **** Barmer for a reason.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,138
    Donaldson DHing today. Not surprised after looking like he could barely throw the ball yesterday.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    416
    that Pirates Tigers game was great

    SUPER BOWL 52 CHAMPIONS!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,487
    slightly off topic... thinking of buying the show 18 tonight... is it worth it over 17?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,138
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    slightly off topic... thinking of buying the show 18 tonight... is it worth it over 17?
    I got it release day. Haven't played it. Waiting for OSFM rosters to release this Sunday. Their Twitter handle is @OSFM18Rosters if you want to check them out. They fix every single minor leaguer, give them real names, equipment, batting stances, face, etc.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    14,266
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I got it release day. Haven't played it. Waiting for OSFM rosters to release this Sunday. Their Twitter handle is @OSFM18Rosters if you want to check them out. They fix every single minor leaguer, give them real names, equipment, batting stances, face, etc.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They've been doing it for years too, great group of guys.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    14,266
    Quote Originally Posted by DC22 View Post
    Adam Jones with the walk off HR for an O's win!
    Considering it might be his last opening day in an Orioles uniform, I'll take it.

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •