Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 1,981 to 1,989 of 1989

Thread: MLB GDT Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I have a problem with a team using 4-6 platoons when these guys are in there for sabermetrics reasons hitting under 220 against LHP. I remember the days when players just improved with more reps, but I have no problem with a platoon. Just not 6.

As you know Digglin, I rant and rave about this stuff all the time in the Dodger forum, but I'm just repeating this so that others can read.

In no particular order, these are the players that stupid saber-Dave uses.

vs. RHP
    1. Pederson
    2. Turner
    3. Machado
    3. Bellinger
    4. Muncy
    5. Puig
    6. Grandal
    7. Kemp
    8. Taylor

vs. LHP (all righty-lineups)

1. Taylor
    2. Turner
    3. Machado
    4. Freeze
    5. Kemp
    6. Hernandez
    7. Dozier
    8. Barnes

As is obvious, the hitters in the RHP lineups are just more powerful than the hitters in the LHP lineups. So it makes no sense to platoon at all to begin with. But these sabertards just insist on blindly platooning all of these players as if it were a little league team, where everybody has to play. What's worse is that when one of our lefties (or even right-handed Puig) are on a hot streak, these sabertards insist on always benching them against a LHP, regardless of how well they are preforming lately. You always play the hot hand period, but these sabertards just don't get it. Plus many players need to play everyday in order to get into a groove. These doofuses are just out of touch with reality. It's like Roberts, Friedman, and Co. are playing video games and just have a callus disregard with basic common sense and instincts that are crucial to managing.

This also just sends a bad signal to up-and-coming prospects: "Being a left-handed hitter is a detriment, and you will only be a part-time player at the big-league level, no matter how good you are." This is a huge problem.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; Today at 01:03 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

As you know Digglin, I rant and rave about this stuff all the time in the Dodger forum, but I'm just repeating this so that others can read.

vs. RHP
    1. Pederson
    2. Turner
    3. Machado
    3. Bellinger
    4. Muncy
    5. Puig
    6. Grandal
    7. Kemp
    8. Taylor

1. Taylor
    2. Turner
    3. Machado
    4. Freeze
    5. Kemp
    6. Hernandez
    7. Dozier
    8. Barnes

As is obvious, the hitters in the RHP lineups are just more powerful than the hitters in the LHP lineups. So it makes no sense to platoon at all to begin with. But these sabertards just insist on blindly platooning all of these players as if it were a little league team, where everybody has to play. What's worse is that when one of our lefties (or even right-handed Puig) are on a hot streak, these sabertards insist on always benching them against a LHP, regardless of how well they are preforming lately. You always play the hot hand period, but these sabertards just don't get it. Plus many players need to play everyday in order to get into a groove. These doofuses are just out of touch with reality. It's like Roberts, Friedman, and Co. are playing video games and just have a callus disregard with basic common sense and instincts that are crucial to managing.

This also just sends a bad signal to up-and-coming prospects: "Being a left-handed hitter is a detriment, and you will only be a part-time player at the big-league level, no matter how good you are." This is a huge problem.
    You do realize that platooning isn't a sabr thing, and isn't new at all, right?

You can argue that he shouldn't be platooning, but that isn't some new age, sabr thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post

Looking at this lineup it actually has some potential. I like the Renfroe - Margot - Reyes OF. Mejia is a stud Catcher, the Corner Infield bats are solid. Urias will likely be the 2b and he's highly regarded.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    mostly because the people that are against advanced metrics are against them because they dont understand them or even try to understand them. War has flawed issues but to me its still the best overall metric but most people that are anti stats are those that instead latch on to 1 or 2 or 3 individual stats which is weird to me...

-people hate war and scream stat heads are annoying but then use Rbi/Wins etc as the end all be all which are stats as well.

Baseball is the most triggering sport because for whatever reason they fear knowledge and advancement more than any other sport and to me that is ludicrous. I have never seen one sports fear change more than baseball... I am sorry but i prefer a metric that helps me show something logical that any idiot can see over the individual stats but fans would rather continue to be ignorant... For years the majority of sports people in baseball and in the city of philadelphia including players thought and still think Ryan Howard was our best player but its eye popping obvious utley was just worlds better even without war... war just shows how obvious it should have been for most.
    I love how the saber community is so self-righteous. Who says you're right? I love how someone who thinks metrics is a joke can't possibly understand these dumb stats. Some saber-nerd who has never played the game? Just a bunch of guys that want to be relevant in a sport they weren't good enough to play. Lol.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; Today at 01:47 AM.

Thanks, Saber Dave and your dumb all-righty sabermetric lineup. Just another slap in the face to the nerds in LA's front office proving once again that the nerds know nothing about situational baseball. Nothing but bookworms looking at numbers. What a joke. On the bright side, LA is a lot better than the garbage Cards and Braves and will still make the NLCS.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I love how the saber community is so self-righteous. Who says you're right? I love how someone who metrics is a joke can't possibly understand these dumb stats. Some saber-nerd who has never played the game? Just a bunch of guys that want to be relevant in a sport they weren't good enough to play. Lol.
    guys like Joe Maddon etc never played the sport and were some of the best coaches in the sport funny how that works huh? Playing the game doesnt equate to understanding the game more than someone that hasnt played the sport... You want examples of sports players that were flat out stupid and didnt even understand or know some of their own sports rules? I dont think that war is completely right or perfect nor do i think the saber community is right its just more right than the ***** that refuse to further their understanding of a sport or change with the times... More Knowledge doesnt ever hurt because we can look at all areas and figure out what the best route is... Disregarding the furthering of knowledge or intelligence and remaining ignorant while having an opinion about that very thing is hilarious and lazy in all honesty. I dont know a good bit about the metrics beyond war so i dont call them wrong or stupid because my opinion would then be based on assumptions and flat out ignorance which would actually be moronic like most non saber stat people.

again you are helping make my point about everything i said in my previous post that you quoted. Evolve or die and baseball like every other sport is forced to do just that.... See wilbons recent rants about degrom and the cy young and realize who is actually stupid/ignorant and just wrong... All this knowledge/stats etc he has at his disposal but he would rather remain ignorant and sound like an idiot because WINS yet you think the saber community is the issue lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You do realize that platooning isn't a sabr thing, and isn't new at all, right?

You can argue that he shouldn't be platooning, but that isn't some new age, sabr thing at all.
    It's not, but they are certainly much more extensive, obsessive, and anal-retentive about it, as if LHB facing a LHP is hugely taboo or something. There's no need to platoon six or seven positions on the field.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; Today at 02:00 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    guys like Joe Maddon etc never played the sport and were some of the best coaches in the sport funny how that works huh? Playing the game doesnt equate to understanding the game more than someone that hasnt played the sport... You want examples of sports players that were flat out stupid and didnt even understand or know some of their own sports rules? I dont think that war is completely right or perfect nor do i think the saber community is right its just more right than the ***** that refuse to further their understanding of a sport or change with the times... More Knowledge doesnt ever hurt because we can look at all areas and figure out what the best route is... Disregarding the furthering of knowledge or intelligence and remaining ignorant while having an opinion about that very thing is hilarious and lazy in all honesty. I dont know a good bit about the metrics beyond war so i dont call them wrong or stupid because my opinion would then be based on assumptions and flat out ignorance which would actually be moronic like most non saber stat people.

again you are helping make my point about everything i said in my previous post that you quoted. Evolve or die and baseball like every other sport is forced to do just that.... See wilbons recent rants about degrom and the cy young and realize who is actually stupid/ignorant and just wrong... All this knowledge/stats etc he has at his disposal but he would rather remain ignorant and sound like an idiot because WINS yet you think the saber community is the issue lol
    Where did I say you have to play the sport to run a team or be a coach? Why does the saber community always change the argument and then continue to write a novel? I'm saying saber-nerds like LA's FO office doesn't know **** about situational baseball. But please, continue to impress yourself with your long responses while changing the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

vs. RHP
    1. Pederson
    2. Turner
    3. Machado
    3. Bellinger
    4. Muncy
    5. Puig
    6. Grandal
    7. Kemp
    8. Taylor

1. Taylor
    2. Turner
    3. Machado
    4. Freeze
    5. Kemp
    6. Hernandez
    7. Dozier
    8. Barnes

Also, it's an odd thing to complain about, the Dodgers lead the NL in runs scored....maybe it's not the problem you guys think it is?

9th in batting average, but first in wRC+ and runs scored.....yet, you complain about how they score those runs?

Also, the Dodgers hvaen't done that exact lineup vs righties that I can see, but they are 2-0 in the lineup vs lefties.