Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB GDT Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    MLB shop.com has jumped the shark, they've posted the BP jerseys already so some of the reserves are out there- Posey, Albies, Blackmon, Yelich and Scherzer.
    Trhats so funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Ehh....not a fan of that plan as I'm not so sure the "captain" would pick much better of a team than the fans would. I'd rather have it be some combination of fan vote and stats since the completion of the previous year's All-Star game.
    I mean given the game doesnt count for anything anymore i dont think thatll happen. Its a popularity thing just like any all star game. There should obv be limits etc you cant pick more than 3 players from your own team.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    It's crazy to me that he had so many good years in Baltimore and this is his first AS game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Good but not great. Dude has generally had almost no power.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Jesus literally robbed

.305 AVG, 22 HR, 63 RBI and he didnít even start until late April

He could still get in but yeah, as of now: robbed.

It's crazy to me that he had so many good years in Baltimore and this is his first AS game.

Yeah, especially during some of those earlier, leaner years when the Orioles didn't have very many other options. Then Adam Jones came along and was definitely a bit more vocal and showed off a bit more than Markakis, and he became overshadowed by Jones.

This year he is approaching his best season, which was 2008 where he finished with 6.0 WAR. Not only was Markakis not an All-Star that, but Brian Roberts made the final vote over him and the lone AS representative from Baltimore was closer George Sherrill. I mean, he finished fourth overall in WAR that year for AL positional players, and an average reliever beat him out for an ASG spot. Whoever made those decisions was an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Good but not great. Dude has generally had almost no power.
    Early in his career he had decent power, but he's always been asked to get on base. He's kind of like the opposite of Ichiro in my mind- I think Markakis always had enough power, but he adjusted his approach because the Orioles needed his presence at the top of the order to work counts and get on base.

Granted, he's never going to hit 40 home runs, but he had power to hit 30 consistently, but it would've been at the expense of other things.

I kinda forgot how good Markakis was his first years in the league but he's been mediocre af the majority of his career. I don't at all buy that he substituted power for on base ability to satiate his employer. Having said that, he's having an excellent season so far and deserves this berth (even though his name in the lineup doesn't excite me as an NL fan).

I remember people in general saying the markakis signing would be ugly. Ended up working nicely for ATL. I remember Giants were linked to him and i was praying itvwouldnt happen.

remember when Nola was a number 3 pitcher at best? I love how stupid scouts can be. Nola 7ip 1 hit 1bb 10k... Also drove in all 3 of our runs.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuastyles View Post
    Do you know what to wear on Christmas holidays? If you are still considering, we can help you with that. We are the best service to bring you personalised christmas t shirts and costume christmas hoodies. See more info here! -> https://lizado.com/news/the-traditio...sweaters-2018/
    but its july.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    but its july.
    It's never too early to start Xmas sweater shopping.

but its july.
    It's never too early to start Xmas sweater shopping.

Lol
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

remember when Nola was a number 3 pitcher at best? I love how stupid scouts can be. Nola 7ip 1 hit 1bb 10k... Also drove in all 3 of our runs.
    He did it vs the Mets dude.

Lmao

But yeah he is good.

Reds down 0-4 going into the 9th, score 7 runs and beat the Indians.

6 runs charged to Cody Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Reds down 0-4 going into the 9th, score 7 runs and beat the Indians.

6 runs charged to Cody Allen.
    Cincy's been on a good roll lately, won like 20 of their last 30 or something like that.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays