Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1989

Thread: MLB GDT Thread

Dave Roberts is an ***hole for benching Max Muncy 2-3 times per week just because there's a left-handed pitcher starting. He's been killing lefties all year.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    You rooting for the Giants this weekend Dave?
    Only if you're playing the Rockies.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

A win against the hated Cardinals. I'll take it.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    You rooting for the Giants this weekend Dave?
    You gotta end the losing streak some time!

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Dave Roberts is an ***hole for benching Max Muncy 2-3 times per week just because there's a left-handed pitcher starting. He's been killing lefties all year.
    Really crazy reverse splits there. Also, looks like the month of September hasn't been too kind to him, it's by far his worst month.

https://www.truebluela.com/2018/9/12...ayoffs-history

Dodgers could be the 10th team in the divisonal era, and 2nd in the wild card era (first in the double wild card era) to miss the playoffs after leading their league in Run Differential.

They've out scored opponents by +133 runs on the year, #2 in the NL is the Cubs at +111 they've currently played 8 games under they're Pythag.
    Entering Wednesday the Dodgers hit .241/.339/.388 with RISP, 26th in MLB in batting average, 21st in slugging percentage, 19th in OPS and 16th in on-base percentage
    Last edited by ciaban; 09-14-2018 at 01:12 AM.

That's what happens when you win a number of blowout games and lose a significant amount of close games. That's why I think Pythagorean W-L is nothing but rubbish. It's not a matter of bad luck. At least with this team it's a matter of relying too much on home runs to score runs.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Dave Roberts' all-righty lineups against left-handed pitchers just sends a bad signal to up-and-coming prospects in the farm system: Being a left-handed hitter is a detriment because you will be nothing more than a part-time player when you reach the big leagues.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    A pitcher's record is meaningless. It does not accurately measure the pitcher's performance.
    >>A pitcher's record is meaningless.<<

A win is a win. It counts in the standings and his record. I'll take the win.

>>It does not accurately measure the pitcher's performance.<<

No, it doesn't. That's not what I was saying.

That's what happens when you win a number of blowout games and lose a significant amount of close games. That's why I think Pythagorean W-L is nothing but rubbish. It's not a matter of bad luck. At least with this team it's a matter of relying too much on home runs to score runs.
    I wouldn't say it's rubish. Teams usually will play around that number.
    It's not supposed to be used as an end all be all tool.
    What it's nice for doing is at either the All-Star Break, or end of season, you can take a look at where teams are and get a prediction of how they'll do going forward.
    Like the Mariners looking like a lock on the post season despite their gastly Pythag.

A win against the hated Cardinals. I'll take it.
    Kershaw got 8 Ks and went 8, but Dodgers made 2 errors. It used to be a sure win for CK if he went 8, but he gave up 4 runs, 3 earned. Machado is hot. Cards have been hot for at least two weeks. Dodgers trying to keep pace. Adam Wainwright is penciled in as starter on Sunday. This is the matchup I want to see as Wild Card game, but Brew Crew would have to drop like a rock.
    Last edited by jasonbourne; 09-14-2018 at 03:42 PM.

So hot. [emoji91]

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
    >>A pitcher's record is meaningless.<<

A win is a win. It counts in the standings and his record. I'll take the win.

>>It does not accurately measure the pitcher's performance.<<

No, it doesn't. That's not what I was saying.
    It sounded like it since you described him as a .500 pitcher.

Just got home. Buehler is sabr projected to win over Flaherty. He may not get the actual win, but the Dodgers should prevail over the Cards tonight. Both teams swapping out their C late ha ha. Maybe the Dodgers are more sabr than the Cards, but I'm not sure about Roberts. He sounds like a hard percentages guy and doesn't take into consideration hot players.