Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roseanne reboot

Roseanne reboot

Premiers tonight 8:00 ABC

I think its going to be funny. Hope it takes off

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It'll likely be as good as Fuller House and the newest season of Gilmore Girls after taking so many years off.

She loves Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was pretty good. They were on Howard today and I never knew that Mucaly Culkin tried out for the part of DJ for the original show but Roseanne thought he seemed like a troubled child and didn't want to use him. That was before he was even in anything. She nailed that one on the head.

John Goodman said that he pitched an idea where they get Gal Gadot to be their neighbor and his character goes over there all the time to fix up her house. He basically wanted her on because he likes her. haha. They also said that basically everyone that was on the original will be back for at least a cameo other than Clooney. Their were a few people they couldn't get for this season, so they were hoping for another season to bring them on.
    Last edited by Dmac; 03-27-2018 at 09:12 PM.

I thought it was really good

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I thought it was pretty good. They were on Howard today and I never knew that Mucaly Culkin tried out for the part of DJ for the original show but Roseanne thought he seemed like a troubled child and didn't want to use him. That was before he was even in anything. She nailed that one on the head.

John Goodman said that he pitched an idea where they get Gal Gadot to be their neighbor and his character goes over there all the time to fix up her house. He basically wanted her on because he likes her. haha. They also said that basically everyone that was on the original will be back for at least a cameo other than Clooney. Their were a few people they couldn't get for this season, so they were hoping for another season to bring them on.
    They gonna get Wayne Newton? That was classic.

Watched the first 30 min and it was good but man I won't appreciate being blitzed with politics every episode. The repartee was solid between Jackie and Rosie but I hope they shy away from that. Also having a gay kid and a black kid is... cheap... I think that's the term I want to use for it.

But Darlene's daughter seems like a perfect casting.

It's good.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Watched the first 30 min and it was good but man I won't appreciate being blitzed with politics every episode. The repartee was solid between Jackie and Rosie but I hope they shy away from that. Also having a gay kid and a black kid is... cheap... I think that's the term I want to use for it.

But Darlene's daughter seems like a perfect casting.

It's good.
    I thought having the kid dress up like a girl and letting people have human reactions to it instead of reading from a PC play book was good. I agree the politics is too much but it is nice to have a show where people can have different views and no one is protrayed as a monster

The politics were a bit much, but it was used to tell the story of the heat between Roseanne and Jackie. I heard they are going to tone it down quite a bit the rest of the episodes. I don't think they brought it up much if at all in the second episode.

I think they said it won't be nearly as political going forward.

I wasn't allowed to watch Roseanne growing up, so there's almost no nostalgia for me. I was a buddy's house and he saw it was on and insisted we watched it. It wasn't terrible!
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

I wasn't allowed to watch Roseanne growing up, so there's almost no nostalgia for me. I was a buddy's house and he saw it was on and insisted we watched it. It wasn't terrible!
    I was at the age where I probably would have watched it, but was playing sports, keeping busy, etc. We watched the Wonder Years, around the same time, but I didn't have many other shows. For some reason, she disgusted me as a kid, so maybe that is why. But from everything I have heard, it was a wonderful show.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I didn't realize that this was debuting so soon. I'm excited to check it out. Might be able to watch them tomorrow. Roseanne was a little before my time, but I watched it a lot in syndication and was a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    The politics were a bit much, but it was used to tell the story of the heat between Roseanne and Jackie. I heard they are going to tone it down quite a bit the rest of the episodes. I don't think they brought it up much if at all in the second episode.
    Well the 2nd episode was a lot of Becky fighting for say over what to do with her own body but, yeah, they did tone it down. Over-all, I was very pleased by the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

I wasn't allowed to watch Roseanne growing up
    , so there's almost no nostalgia for me. I was a buddy's house and he saw it was on and insisted we watched it. It wasn't terrible!
    at least they let you listen to the gem blossoms

Never was a fan of the show back in the day. Most likely won't check this one out. Generally don't like remakes as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast