Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 526 to 536 of 536
  1. #526
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,927
    Yea heís certainly helping his mvp case down the stretch here too. Another cycle helps the story.

    And to think I would have been okay with them dealing Brinson for archer and maybe even gray. Those dudes both stink and yelich is incredible. Loved that we sold high on Harrison as well. He still has potential and all the athleticism in the world but heís already 23 and just canít make contact.

  2. #527
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea heís certainly helping his mvp case down the stretch here too. Another cycle helps the story.

    And to think I would have been okay with them dealing Brinson for archer and maybe even gray. Those dudes both stink and yelich is incredible. Loved that we sold high on Harrison as well. He still has potential and all the athleticism in the world but heís already 23 and just canít make contact.
    Of all the prospects dealt I liked Diaz the best and he struggled this year.

    Yelich I think would be the NL MVP now. If the Brewers would overtake the Cubs it'd be a lock. He leads the NL in SLG, OPS and OPS+. His on-base pct. is nearly .390. He has 20 HR and 50 RBI since the break. He is absolutely carrying the Brewers. Aguilar had 24 and 70 at the break; Yelich had 11 and 43. He was 13 HR and 27 RBI behind him at the AS break and now he is within 1 HR and 6 RBI. It's insane the run he is on.

  3. #528
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,485
    Yelich should win MVP....but I just don't see it happening. Market is gonna rob him. Seems like they'll give it to Baez despite the horrid OBP numbers. National coverage doesn't even mention Yelich as a candidate which makes no sense to me.

    Anyways, last night is a prime example of why fans don't trust this team. Didn't show up. No effort. Aguilar continues to struggle which alone I wouldn't have an issue with but its his complete lack of hustle, especially on double play balls, that bothers me. Run! One bobble and you might beat it out but not while jogging to first. Effort needs to be there or ride the pine. I've often thought the same thing about Shaw, and no its not just them being slow. You can see they're just trotting to first.

    I like CC as a manager but every once in a while he just seems to have poorly managed games. Last night is a prime example. We had Burnes warming after 3 and could tell Anderson didn't have it. Just bring him in. Cain gets hurt, which there's nothing you can do about, but I don't understand the Broxton sub there. We were losing at the time and you're subbing in a guy batting below .200 into the 3 hole. I get he's the best defensive replacement but when you're losing you need to worry about the bats first. IMO it made much more sense to sub either Santana or Braun there and slide either Granderson or Yelich to center. Can always sub Broxton in late if you grab the lead as a defensive sub. Its little things like that which don't really make sense to me.

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,927
    The brewers have long based their defensive lineups on whoís pitching. Days where a fly ball pitcher is throwing are the days schoop is more likely to play SS and days where fly ball guys are going are when we play the better defensive OF. Today was a defensive OF day, so thatís probably the reason for broxton.

    I agree Aguilar needs a few days. Not this one day off where he pinch hits. Take a day or two and dont even consider playing Aguilar unless it goes to 12+ innings. Have Shaw play first, with moose and 3ed and schoop at 2nd. You donít lose a ton offensively with the way Aguilar has been hitting.

  5. #530
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The brewers have long based their defensive lineups on whoís pitching. Days where a fly ball pitcher is throwing are the days schoop is more likely to play SS and days where fly ball guys are going are when we play the better defensive OF. Today was a defensive OF day, so thatís probably the reason for broxton.
    I get that and have no real issue with it except we were losing at you were subbing him into the 3 hole. Seems dumb under those circumstances. Need to be able to adjust the strategy to circumstances a bit.

  6. #531
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The brewers have long based their defensive lineups on whoís pitching. Days where a fly ball pitcher is throwing are the days schoop is more likely to play SS and days where fly ball guys are going are when we play the better defensive OF. Today was a defensive OF day, so thatís probably the reason for broxton.

    I agree Aguilar needs a few days. Not this one day off where he pinch hits. Take a day or two and dont even consider playing Aguilar unless it goes to 12+ innings. Have Shaw play first, with moose and 3ed and schoop at 2nd. You donít lose a ton offensively with the way Aguilar has been hitting.
    Disappointing the bats just go silent for such an extended period. One good offensive game then three subpar ones or just plain shut down. Cubs have battled through this exhausting stretch and played well. Have barely lost any ground to the Brewers despite an easier schedule for MKE. But Pirates own Brewers this year.

    I disagree with Aguilar assessment on running out grounders. Dude is just slow. He doesn't half-***** it. I also am not sure you should sit him. The results aren't there but he still gives you good at-bats. And also it seems like he is badly struggling because of how good he was in the first half, but he's actually been better than a lot of their guys. Schoop is 6 for 35 in September; Shaw is 5 for 33; Braun is 7 for 36. These guys have been dogs*** too. Not sure why the focus is on Aguilar who hasn't been great, but is 13 for 53 in Sept. Those three combined have 18 hits in the month. Crewfan's boy Thames couldn't hit a beachball right now. Just going to have to ride with Aguilar by default right now IMO.

  7. #532
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,485
    No one is that slow. Guy is trotting down the line. Watched him hit into a double play on Monday and he was barely halfway there when the ball got to first. You can tell just be their body motion if they're really busting it or not.

  8. #533
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,927
    Aguilar has a history of 2nd half struggles and isnít used to playing as many games as heís played. He seems like the most likely candidate to benefit from time off. Itís not like we are saying heís struggling, so bench him. Itís more that heís fallen off in the 2nd half for 2 straight seasons and has about 75% more at bats than heís ever had in the majors. He does have a history of getting 500+ at bats in the minors, but thatís a little bit different grind than major league at bats. So to me, heís a logical rear guy to try to get him back in order. Not sure guys like schoop and Braun are struggling due to fatigue or not. Aguilar seems like a fatigue candidate.

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,466
    Well good thing Aggy didn't sit last night. When he waits back and goes to right-center he's a tough out.

    Also, Twellner IIRC he thought the ball was going to be foul when he hit it. Most of the time he doesn't lack hustle. When no one is on sometimes Shaw and he don't run it out. Same with Braun and almost everyone. Get the stick out of your *****.

    Nice to win a couple blowouts of late. Those have been rare!

  10. #535
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Well good thing Aggy didn't sit last night. When he waits back and goes to right-center he's a tough out.

    Also, Twellner IIRC he thought the ball was going to be foul when he hit it. Most of the time he doesn't lack hustle. When no one is on sometimes Shaw and he don't run it out. Same with Braun and almost everyone. Get the stick out of your *****.

    Nice to win a couple blowouts of late. Those have been rare!
    Everyone should run it out. No excuses. This is not a get off my lawn complaint. You hustle you put pressure of the defense and can force errors. There's no reason not to. Thinking the ball is going foul is also no excuse. If its close you hustle. Everyone gets taught that in little league.

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Everyone should run it out. No excuses. This is not a get off my lawn complaint. You hustle you put pressure of the defense and can force errors. There's no reason not to. Thinking the ball is going foul is also no excuse. If its close you hustle. Everyone gets taught that in little league.
    I am saying Aguilar does typically hustle. He is fu**ing slow. Watching at games he runs out grounders typically. Once in a while everyone doesn't. Picking on Aguilar when probably 80 percent of the Brewers don't run out grounders all the time, even Cain...it is a get off my lawn thing. I can think of a handful of guys on the Brewers that run out grounders less often than Aggy.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •