Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Special weekend or not from Baez, Yelich will win MVP over Baez.
    He had a rough game today so it wasnít a good start. Error, 0-4 with 3k

If the Cubs need to win Sunday to clinch the division and he hits a walkoff that might be enough to sway some votes in his favor.

No way is a batting champ with the power numbers of Yelich in the NL not going to win the MVP this year IMO

What a season. Division champs and home field advantage through the national league. BP gets some time to rest. Iím hoping for an exciting October.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    What a season. Division champs and home field advantage through the national league. BP gets some time to rest. Iím hoping for an exciting October.
    Amen. What a season. Same I really think the Brewers have a real advantage if they face the Rockies especially if Freeman throws tomorrow vs. the Cubs. Ugh it would be a high stress series vs. the Cubs if they face them. Brewers pen is on fire. Soria, Knebel, Hader, Jeffress.

I don't think I can handle many more games like that. That was an absolute must win yesterday. Can't afford to lose a game that burnes, knebel, hader and jeffress all throw in, especially in a 5 game series. I know jeffress didn't look sharp, which is concerning, but they needed that win.

I don't think I can handle many more games like that. That was an absolute must win yesterday. Can't afford to lose a game that burnes, knebel, hader and jeffress all throw in, especially in a 5 game series. I know jeffress didn't look sharp, which is concerning, but they needed that win.
    Yep that was a nailbiter. I was at MP and talk about high stress! To me though it's about the offense. The Brewers should have scored much more to put that game away especially in the 8th. The starter was the Rockies 5th starter I believe. Today it's Chacin vs. Anderson. Brewers offense needs to jump on him. He's not that good. Agree crewfan yesterday was a must-win.

This team gets so many chances and just rarely gets the big hit. But at least they have come through more than the Rockies this series lol. But Aguilar and Cain are scuffling. Moose might have to be moved up to third as he is about the only one getting clutch hits and if Cain isn't hitting in front of him the Brewers need someone right after Yelich to be hitting well. I like Braun and Aggy both more as a 5 than a 3-hitter. Could go aggy-moose-Braun-Shaw also. The pitching has been great and it seems like first half Brewers minus Aggy still not hitting great lol. Low-scoring games and winning a 3-1 type game happened a ton in first half.

I'm really hoping that walk springs aguilar. He wasn't even getting great at bats earlier in the night and even when he walked he fouled off some pitches he had no business swinging at. But he had two good takes and hopefully that gets him back.

But it's funny how when things aren't going well how everything compounds. Aggy is struggling and then the guy hits the black with a slider and the ump calls a strike outside, 2 inches off the plate and your down 0-2 and there's nothing you really could have done about it.

Cain has been struggling but he feels close. Just missed a couple last night and hit at least one hard. Would be great to see him take off.

I'm really hoping that walk springs aguilar. He wasn't even getting great at bats earlier in the night and even when he walked he fouled off some pitches he had no business swinging at. But he had two good takes and hopefully that gets him back.

But it's funny how when things aren't going well how everything compounds. Aggy is struggling and then the guy hits the black with a slider and the ump calls a strike outside, 2 inches off the plate and your down 0-2 and there's nothing you really could have done about it.

Cain has been struggling but he feels close. Just missed a couple last night and hit at least one hard. Would be great to see him take off.

On to the NLCS!!! Not that it would have mattered the way the Brewers pitched but if you are Bud Black how do you not pitch Freeland at all? Your ace doesn't pitch in a series? Crazy.

CC probably doesn't make many changes to playoff roster other than adding Cedeno most likely and or Jennings. The Brewers are playing so well right now hopefully four days off doesn't cool them off.

I think the 4 off days is actually really good. Reset the whole pitching staff. Fatigue is a factor this time of year and getting them all a break is perfect.

I would be more concerned about the bats, but they didnít exactly light the world on fire in the DS.

Dodgers basically have the same rest but have to travel. I think the brewers have the edge as far as the rest vs rust type debate.

Going to be an incredibly difficult Series. Canít wait to see how Counsell deploys the pitching staff.

Bats have been an issue all season. Homerun or bust basically. The good news is that for whatever reason the Brewers have a tendency to hit better pitching more than they hit lousy pitching. I have a feeling we score at least 4 on Kershaw.

I think Sedar needs to be far more aggressive at 3B. Been saying it for a while now but he needs to send those runners home even if there's no one out. The numbers say that a runner on third with no outs scores 88% of the time, sure feels lower with the Brewers. I prefer aggression (not stupidity) and force the defense to make a tough play. Can't have another guy get to third just to watch a Strikeout-Popout-Strikeout combo.

Said before the season started that if this team was going to win they would be modeled like the KC royals team of a few years ago, basically all bullpen. Brewers have taken that even further. The way Knebel is pitching it makes is really tough to beat, because in a must-win scenario if the Brewers grab a lead after the 4th inning we can basically shut it down.

Knebel-Soria-Hader-Jeffress the way they've been pitching of late it's basically game over in the fifth if the Brewers have the lead. Throw Burnes in there also. Gio in G1 I would expect either Woodruff or Burnes to go after that. This team is lethal when scoring early because of the bullpen. Scoring first this series is key for the Brewers.

Definitely going to need to get the bats going if we plan on winning anything. Our pitching staff has been fantastic but we can't expect them to keep this up. If we want to advance, we are going to have to score 6 or more a few times.

And like twell said, we have to get guys home from 3rd with less than 2 outs. I know it's not going to do that every time, but we have to do that more than we have.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637