Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins sign RB Frank Gore

Vet minimum deal. Cap hit of 650k and a total deal for 1mil.

I think Gore still can play and if he's the direct backup to Drake then I'm perfectly ok with that. He managed to get 900 yards a season behind the terrible Colts line so he should do well behind our upgraded line. Definetly better than Murray outside of pass blocking but it's not like Gore is terrible.

Since its a 1 year deal this doesn't stop us from drafting a back this year. Probably 4th or later.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

For sure like him over Murray. He is also a pro's pro, so should help the RB room with what will be a young group.

Safe to say he passes Curtis Martin for 4th overall in rushing yds...

Who would have thought a guy with 2 torn ACL's prior to entering the draft would be 4th in rushing yds...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Just looking at the off the field aspect of it, having Gore end his career for the Dolphins is a great PR move for a team that has gotten rid of a lot of big names

Itís a very solid signing. For the minimum Iím very happy with this move. Dude hasnít missed a game in 7 years. Not sure if heíll finish his career with us but still badazz to see him in a Miami Dolphins uniform. given our lack of star power and his UM connection, wouldnít be surprised to see him in the top 3 or 5 of jerseys sold on the Miami squad.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Itís a very solid signing. For the minimum Iím very happy with this move. Dude hasnít missed a game in 7 years. Not sure if heíll finish his career with us but still badazz to see him in a Miami Dolphins uniform. given our lack of star power and his UM connection, wouldnít be surprised to see him in the top 3 or 5 of jerseys sold on the Miami squad.
    Good point. Agreed.

It would be the "perfect" place to end his career. It seems like the ideal place to come out of and then to go back to. I know he's old as hell, so his tank has to be close to empty. Hell, we can take him for two years if he performs. I'm still blown away that he's still putting up the numbers that he is.

Everything about this move makes me think he's planning to retire here. He's still good but to go from 3 mil to the vet min and specifically to come here, I think it's kinda obvious. Only way I see him playing longer is if we bring him back.

Great guy, great price, great move. I like this all the way around. I hope he gets enough touches to have a decent season and hope he is he positive influence on the locker room I know he can be.

I couldn't be happier. For me, Gore>Murray and this deal is excellent. Gore can only be a great influence on Drake and the rookie we probably take later in the draft.