Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rumor: Pistons express interest in Chauncey Billups for Front Office role

Last edited by JWO35; 03-20-2018 at 02:36 PM.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Has Chauncey ever worked in any front office in any capacity? If Tellem is supposedly the genius why not just give it to him?

Has Chauncey ever worked in any front office in any capacity? If Tellem is supposedly the genius why not just give it to him?

Good question. I would think Chauncey being younger could relate to players more and have connections, such as they might be. Tellum strikes me as Gores eyes-n-ears around the clubhouse and league. I would assume if it's "revamped" that SVG & Bower would leave, seeing as SVG hired Bower.

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Good question. I would think Chauncey being younger could relate to players more and have connections, such as they might be. Tellum strikes me as Gores eyes-n-ears around the clubhouse and league. I would assume if it's "revamped" that SVG & Bower would leave, seeing as SVG hired Bower.
    Yeah I saw something the other day about Bower eyeing a return to the Hornets

This screams like its a move to please the fans (and get people to pay attention/go to the Pistons games) than actually a move that makes basketball sense. That said, Chauncey knows more about basketball then I will ever know and if this happens, and he surrounds himself with people who can help him grow as a GM, then I would at least be interested in the move.

Agreed, it would come off as a move to get the fans excited, but at the same time it's not like Billups is solely a name. The fact that he's respected among other Front Offices and has had offers previously around the NBA IMO shows that he actually may be qualified for the job (or at least worth the risk)... I not a big fan of having him work with Tellem who's claim to fame is just being an agent. I guess the report painted the picture of Tellem being Pres. of basketball operations with Billups being the GM. Honestly I would rather have Billups be both (I believe Dumars was).

Being a former player and being not that far removed from the game I think Billups would have a good grasp of talent and solid relationships in the league to get the HC he wants to bring in.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

One becomes GM the other becomes Pres of basketball ops. They can both work together and there would be less worry about an inexperienced chauncey in the FO.