Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'll still take Isaiah's tiny *** off the bench if it's for a nice discount and we have the other pieces we want in FA in place. The midget can shoot and win you games. But yea, not a fan of the yapping. His defense sucks Smush. He thinks he is a lot better than he is. He needs to STFU. If he wants to stay for cheap, fine, but if not....later.

This situation reminds me of the whole Mozgov thing. A doofus who will never even make a difference in the sport had something to say about the grand plan that he wasn't even aware of.

He was beyond stupid to think that the Lakers were actually done with the rebuild.

"It's difficult to leave the champs for a club that can't even make the playoffs." Won't forget that piece of trash, ever. It's a shame that he became a part of the team. Though look how it turned out. Good job big fella.

If IT continues with this non-sense, he'll be a Net sooner or later. Better yet, a freakin clipper.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 03-22-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    The only team I can think of where IT can just come in and start is the Clippers. And I'm 99.9% positive they ain't interested.

I'm not insinuating I want to keep IT cause I don't, but he's in a very good situation in LA. Not many teams out there that could/would offer the MPG and a very long leash for his shot count and selection.

Both him and Deng have talked some nonsense. Deng saying he "just" wants to play but doesn't force (by force I mean put up some money) a buyout.

And IT, we'll see in a couple of months what the league thinks about him.
    My thoughts exactly. That's the most disappointing part -- he could actually play the Iggy part on this team and embrace a "role" off the bench and things would've worked out. Hell -- he's not even a 6th man right now. I'll take Kuzma and Hart over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    I'd hate to be IT's PR guy. You don't yap on a contract year. Uh Uh. So maybe it's a little too late for this.

"Isaiah Thomas open to staying with Lakers in backup role"

Some feel that Los Angeles Lakers guard Isaiah Thomas is all about himself and that his ego is too big for his britches.

Well, either he has changed, or people were wrong all along.

While recently answering fan questions on Twitter, Thomas said that he would love to return to the Lakers next season, even if that means he would have to come off the bench.

“I like it here, I like the situation I’m in, the system, coaching staff,” said Thomas, according to Tania Ganguli of the Los Angeles Times. “Organization’s been great to me. If things work out I would love to be here. You just never know. With free agency you’ve got to keep your options open. I have no complaints since I’ve stepped foot and put a Laker uniform on.”

That comes less than one week after Thomas said that he is “no sixth man,” per Sam Amick of USA TODAY Sports.
    I hate having to defend IT, I really do... but how's this bad PR? He's yapping by saying the Lakers have been great to him and regarding Boston saying anything can happen? If you were his PR guy you would tell him to say f$ck Boston and f$ck LA? That's better? He's basically just keeping all his doors open as he should been a former all star struggling to return to form after an injury and has been bumped around the past year. I don't get how fans think at times, whether you want him or not is your opinion and the trade was great for us whether we keep him or not as he was just a throw in... but he hasn't said something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyLakers View Post
    I hate having to defend IT, I really do... but how's this bad PR? He's yapping by saying the Lakers have been great to him and regarding Boston saying anything can happen? If you were his PR guy you would tell him to say f$ck Boston and f$ck LA? That's better? He's basically just keeping all his doors open as he should been a former all star struggling to return to form after an injury and has been bumped around the past year. I don't get how fans think at times, whether you want him or not is your opinion and the trade was great for us whether we keep him or not as he was just a throw in... but he hasn't said something wrong.
    Whatever happened to dealing/speaking about the off-season during the off-season?

Well, for one it's hypocritical because he said almost the exact opposite like a week or so prior when he said "I'm no 6th man". Also, it's smart for a player to not talk about free agency until the season is over. He shouldn't entertain the idea of going to another team while he's still playing for his current team. It's simple, all he has to do is say, " look guys, I love my teammates, I love LA, but I'm not going to discuss any further questions regarding free agency until the offseason. I play for the lakers and I'll only answer questions regarding the lakers."

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Well, for one it's hypocritical because he said almost the exact opposite like a week or so prior when he said "I'm no 6th man". Also, it's smart for a player to not talk about free agency until the season is over. He shouldn't entertain the idea of going to another team while he's still playing for his current team. It's simple, all he has to do is say, " look guys, I love my teammates, I love LA, but I'm not going to discuss any further questions regarding free agency until the offseason. I play for the lakers and I'll only answer questions regarding the lakers."

Something Hangin n Wangin would say. Just stfu and play.

Yeah I can't argue with that, but he did get traded to a non-playoff team right before the deadline and was clearly a throw in for cap relief and he's being asked the questions over and over. Ideally yes he could just pass on the questions, but as for the context of what he said I don't have an issue with it, he wants to find a home and he's open to options and that's how it should be. I do believe he's trying to be a leader for our young guys the best he can so have no bad feelings towards him even though I would prefer not to re-sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Something Hangin n Wangin would say. Just stfu and play.
    Exactly

Your baby can't do this

Yeah I can't argue with that, but he did get traded to a non-playoff team right before the deadline and was clearly a throw in for cap relief and he's being asked the questions over and over. Ideally yes he could just pass on the questions, but as for the context of what he said I don't have an issue with it, he wants to find a home and he's open to options and that's how it should be. I do believe he's trying to be a leader for our young guys the best he can so have no bad feelings towards him even though I would prefer not to re-sign him.
    I don't mind his thought process at all, if he wants to leave, that's his decision. I just would rather him focus 100% on being a laker while he's a laker. I think he's been good in some ways for the young guys, but like I said I just don't like him talking so much about what's gonna happen after the year. He's got one foot in and one foot out, I don't think that's a good message to send to the young guys.

Your baby can't do this

it's a good trade for the Cavs, that's for sure. And realistically it helped the Lakers, because of addition by subtraction, something about the team's bull**** marginal attitude (the product of years of Kobe tour + tanking) left with them and the team started playing to a harder standard. Also the low first round pick is good, even though probably won't equate to Nance OR Clarkson however those guys were holding the team back in some way that only Magic was able to see so props to him for improving the team by subtraction

overall it works out great for the Cavs, very clever to get utility players and now they traded Kyrie for George Hill, Rodney Hood, Nance and Clarkson. Which considering Kyrie is out and might've missed the playoffs for the Cavs anyway, they are much better off with Hill, Hood, Nance and Clarkson than nothing

also it is interesting to me that Lebron is apparently building Clarkson and Nance up from the ground up, right now they are in tear down mode but you can expect them to be born again new players in the playoffs. However Lebron has to strip them of their identities as second string/limited minutes/low draft pick/low expectation/Laker tank players and reinvent them as hardass role players on a Lebron Cavs team rolling into the playoffs for a deep run

Isaiah... he is a nice player and definitely adds scoring punch off the bench. He really needs to be appreciated etc and is feeling himself trying to get a max deal though so that drama probably doesn't coincide with the Laker's needs or objectives. Great player though he was known to be a rental regardless that was understood

I don't mind his thought process at all, if he wants to leave, that's his decision. I just would rather him focus 100% on being a laker while he's a laker. I think he's been good in some ways for the young guys, but like I said I just don't like him talking so much about what's gonna happen after the year. He's got one foot in and one foot out, I don't think that's a good message to send to the young guys.

Well he's got small feet so feels he needs to spread them around I guess!

If I’m the Lakers and you’re looking at when can you trade Nance at peak value it was this deadline.

Everyone talks about PG and LeBron but in my mind Kawhi is clearly the one to go after. The guy is a so cal native, is refusing to come play for the Spurs and Tony Parker is now taking shots at him.

Next offseason Nance (which is the same offseason that Kawhi is a free agent) is gonna be a RFA and probably due a good chunk of money.

Not only did we get out of Clarkson’s deal but we don’t have to worry about paying both Nance and Randle and on top of it we got a first round pick.

I’m hoping that we are focusing on 2019 and Kawhi, although I heard that apparently PGs parents are attending Lakers games and telling people that he wants to come here.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast