Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Is that what's being actually reported or is it speculation?
    I read it on the prosportsdaily front page but at this point everything is speculation. Nobody knows what is legit.

I think Jackson is a safer pick than either Mayfield or Allen tbh. I have Mayfield ranked with Rudolph.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Ripper, I know that you've been saying that not that many QBs will go that high, but I'm willing to bet 4 go in the top 8 or so picks. Too much smoke out there and teams like the Broncos and Dolphins are clearly in play as well. If the Broncos stay, it could be 3 or 4 QBs gone in the top-5 picks if these rumors are true that they'll only stay at 5 for a QB. Regardless the team trading up to 5 is likely to be doing so for a QB, so that's 3 or 4 within the first 5 picks anyway.
    I'm about 60/40 on the Giants trading out of 2, the higher number being the chances that they don't and draft either Barkley or Chubb. I've never bough the talk that they or the Broncos would take a QB. There's too much talent on the board for the Broncos to take a QB, especially when it isn't an immediate need for them. The QB position is always over-prioritzed, but especially this year because so many QBs got 1st round grades. I still think the Broncos like Lynch and want to continue to develop him behind Keenum. The Giants would probably take Darnold at 2, but I'm expecting him to be the Browns pick. I'm going to say Miami doesn't take a QB either, since Tannehill restructured his contract for them. Mason Rudolph is graded just outside the 1st. He's a very good QB prospect for a team with a top 10 pick to grab later after they get one of the top prospects in the draft with their 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I read it on the prosportsdaily front page but at this point everything is speculation. Nobody knows what is legit.

I think Jackson is a safer pick than either Mayfield or Allen tbh. I have Mayfield ranked with Rudolph.
    I'm curious to know why you think he's safer than Mayfield, who has been called the most accurate passer in the draft.

Concerning Mayfield, there was an argument made on NFLN that he should be the top QB in the draft because he's the most accurate QB coming out, and also the top RPO QB coming out, and it was suggested that the NFL is trending in that direction. I've been on the Baker bandwagon for most of this draft. He's still my choice. The Bills have met with him extensively, so they like him. I think his attitude is perfect for Buffalo as well. He's a leader. He's tough as nails. He would no doubt have Jimbo's endorsement.

Bucky Brooks has 6 QBs going in the first 16 picks now. This is just getting silly. lol

Rosen is easily the most accurate QB in the draft. None of Mayfield's talents stand out. He's all around average. He's not the fastest, smartest, most accurate, strongest arm, most NFL ready, nothing. He's just a decent an prospect. Same as Rudolph imo. I'm not sure Mayfield would even be considered an NFL prospect if he didn't have the talent he had around him and played in the system he did.

Rosen is easily the most accurate QB in the draft. None of Mayfield's talents stand out. He's all around average. He's not the fastest, smartest, most accurate, strongest arm, most NFL ready, nothing. He's just a decent an prospect. Same as Rudolph imo. I'm not sure Mayfield would even be considered an NFL prospect if he didn't have the talent he had around him and played in the system he did.
    Every statistic I have seen has Mayfield as the most accurate QB in the draft and it isn't very close. Short, intermediate, and deep throws, he's been the best. His deep ball accuracy is actually one of the most impressive numbers on him. I strongly disagree that his talents don't stand out. Aside from the accuracy, he goes through his progressions quickly and has a high football IQ. I have a lot of confidence in a QB like that to have success at the next level. He also has an Aaron Rodgers-like ability to make plays out of nothing. When the pocket breaks down, he improvises and that ability to scan the field and throw an accurate ball really comes into play. Every report has had Mayfield as a leader as well. Teammates love him and want to take the field with him. People like to point to Allen's lack of success against tough competition in college, but nobody is talking about Mayfield's success against tough competition. He dominated defenses that have and had NFL players on them. The size issue isn't what it once was because of guys like Brees and Wilson, but if Mayfield was 6'3" he'd be taken 1st overall. It's still a factor. I'm sold on him and have been for a while.

So many people dont think that the Giants want to trade down to 12. But here is something to consider. If 5 QBs go in the top 10 as many people perdict. The Giants would get the 7th best player in this years draft at 12 ,if they dont really rate these QBs as high as others. On top of we all know and been around long enough to know the best player in the draft can come at any pic in the draft. If you could get the 7th best player in this years draft at 12, with another 1st round pick and more then likely a couple 2nds. I dont think its that far of a stretch that the Giants would move to 12
    WHOOP WHOOP GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SacBillsFan View Post
    So many people dont think that the Giants want to trade down to 12. But here is something to consider. If 5 QBs go in the top 10 as many people perdict. The Giants would get the 7th best player in this years draft at 12 ,if they dont really rate these QBs as high as others. On top of we all know and been around long enough to know the best player in the draft can come at any pic in the draft. If you could get the 7th best player in this years draft at 12, with another 1st round pick and more then likely a couple 2nds. I dont think its that far of a stretch that the Giants would move to 12
    Despite all of the predictions, five QBs in the top 10 is extremely unlikely. In fact, it's lunacy. The draft pundits all got caught up in the QB hysteria and the result is that the position has been ridiculously over-prioritized in mocks.

The Giants moving out of 2 comes down to how much they like Chubb, in my opinion. This is a pretty deep RB draft and as much hype as there has been surrounding Barkley, the drop off to the next guys in line isn't that substantial. If the Giants take Chubb at 2, they can still grab one of the top RB prospects at 34. On the other hand, if they grade out one of the other top edge rushers like Davenport similarly to Chubb, they could trade back with the Bills to 12 and likely pick him up there.

I have to believe that if Barkley is still there when the Broncos pick, that will be their choice. Either he or Quenton Nelson.

I agree totally!! When you watch Mayfield play his ball placement is not great imo...Also how much credit do people want to give him with 10 bubble screens a game...over rated and over inflated stats
    WHOOP WHOOP GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go back to the stats that reflect on the talent he had around him... I think you'd reconsider your accuracy statements about Mayfield. If he didn't have the talent he had then his numbers would be pedestrian. IE if his recoevers dropped the same number of passes as the other guys then he would not have top prospect numbers at all. Take away 15-20% of his yards/completions and tell me how good of a prospect he would be.

If you go back to the stats that reflect on the talent he had around him... I think you'd reconsider your accuracy statements about Mayfield. If he didn't have the talent he had then his numbers would be pedestrian. IE if his recoevers dropped the same number of passes as the other guys then he would not have top prospect numbers at all. Take away 15-20% of his yards/completions and tell me how good of a prospect he would be.
    The talent argument is one that I'm not overly concerned with when it comes to any of these QBs. History has shown that it really doesn't matter who QBs played with in college. Even taking away bubble screens or talent, Mayfield is probably the quickest through his progressions of any of the top four QBs. His processing speed is probably the best in this class. He isn't the pure pocket passer that Rosen is, but he doesn't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Every statistic I have seen has Mayfield as the most accurate QB in the draft and it isn't very close. Short, intermediate, and deep throws, he's been the best. His deep ball accuracy is actually one of the most impressive numbers on him. I strongly disagree that his talents don't stand out. Aside from the accuracy, he goes through his progressions quickly and has a high football IQ. I have a lot of confidence in a QB like that to have success at the next level. He also has an Aaron Rodgers-like ability to make plays out of nothing. When the pocket breaks down, he improvises and that ability to scan the field and throw an accurate ball really comes into play. Every report has had Mayfield as a leader as well. Teammates love him and want to take the field with him. People like to point to Allen's lack of success against tough competition in college, but nobody is talking about Mayfield's success against tough competition. He dominated defenses that have and had NFL players on them. The size issue isn't what it once was because of guys like Brees and Wilson, but if Mayfield was 6'3" he'd be taken 1st overall. It's still a factor. I'm sold on him and have been for a while.
    Couldn’t agree more. Mayfield had uncanny accuracy. The guy also “makes plays”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're finally closing in on this thing. 11 days away. All I can say is thank goodness for that. I think I'm ready to make my final thoughts on the QB prospects.

Sam Darnold. It's difficult for me to really care much about Darnold as a prospect. He's the most mocked QB at 1. The Browns were at his pro day and seemed to give off the impression that they had made their choice with him. Even with all of the talk about Allen, I fully expect Darnold to be the first player taken. For that reason, I haven't looked at much or read much about him.

Josh Rosen. He is the safest QB in the draft. He's the most pure pocket passer. I see a lot of Eli Manning in Rosen. While he doesn't have the highest ceiling, I see him as the least likely to bust. Whichever team gets Rosen will get an above average starter for a long time. I have always believed that he was the top name on the Jets board.

Josh Allen. I don't dislike him as a prospect. The hatred that he has received from Buffalo fans on social media is a bit ridiculous. He's a smart kid, a good athlete, and has freakish arm strength. He's going to be a Brett Favre-esque QB at the next level. He's going to turn the ball over, but he's also going to make some ridiculous plays with his arm. He needs polish and a situation where he can sit and learn will do him a lot of good. I can see why scouts are divided on him, but I tend to side with the group that believes he can figure it out and be an above average QB at the next level. If he turns out to be Philip Rivers, how could we really complain? I think every one of us would take that after years of mediocrity at the position.

Baker Mayfield. I see Mayfield as a winner. He certainly has every tool attribute you could want in a QB. He's a leader, he's tough, his teammates love him, and he just plays the game really well. I see him having a successful career in the NFL. He may not be elite, but he can certainly be a QB the calibre of Russell Wilson and lead a team to he playoffs or further.

Lamar Jackson. I'm just not as excited about Lamar Jackson as the rest of you seem to be. I actually have him behind Mason Rudolph. The athleticism is phenomenal, but I have reservations about QBs with an exceptional ability to run and their ability to develop as pocket passers, and pocket passers are what you have to be at the NFL level. I like Jackson, but I see him as the least likely of this group to be able to stand in there and beat a team in the pocket. That's why I'm uninterested in him as prospect.

Mason Rudolph. This is the sleeper prospect to me. He's got the size, arm, and athleticism. He isn't as polished, which is why he isn't being talked about with the others as much, but there's a lot to like about him. He's been linked to New England quite a bit, for those who care about such things. He would, of course, take a lot of time. He's a better investment for a team like New York or Arizona who can sit him behind QBs who aren't relinquishing their jobs any time soon than he would be for Buffalo. He's a day 2 QB who can be a really good pick for someone. In the very unlikely scenario where all of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, and Allen are gone by pick 12, which I don't think will happen anyway, I'd prefer to target Rudolph in round 2 than overdraft Jackson.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast