Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We should do our mocks. I have Mayfield going to the Jets 3rd. I realize that's crazy but that's my prediction. Or Allen.
    I'm down. Shall we do them in a clean thread?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    I know we're all excited about the possibility of the Bills trading up to get a QB but at some point doesn't the front office have to consider that this team is filled with holes and that making 6 picks in the first 3 rounds would probably be a much better use of that draft capital than trading most of it away for one player who may or may not pan out?
    Iíd rather get the QB out of the way finally. Itís been almost two decades. This team wonít be built in a year so itís not important to fill holes this year. This team probably wonít be complete for another 2 years.

If they miss out on the QBs this year, thereís no guarantee that there will be equal or better options within the next few years. There are only so many good QBs, but offensive lineman, WRs, and LBs will always be there. Much easier to fill those. Take the QB while in position. The last two decades support this thought.
    Last edited by smood999; 04-10-2018 at 10:20 PM.

I'm with smood. This is going to take a few drafts to build something significant. It will benefit us more long-term to solve the QB position now and get a QB who will play 10+ years in Buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I'm with smood. This is going to take a few drafts to build something significant. It will benefit us more long-term to solve the QB position now and get a QB who will play 10+ years in Buffalo.
    Yeah, based on him restructuring his contract earlier this offseason I doubt he was in the plans longer than this season. Losing him will be rough this year, but plans shouldn't alter because a short term solution at G decided to retire. They were always going to be in the market for another G.

Matt Miller (Bleacher Report) stated on his podcast that he is hearing that Jackson is rising and is guaranteed to go in the first round...top 20. He also said that he wouldn't be shocked if someone traded back into the first round for Rudolph, making it 6 QBs taken in the first round

I'm telling you guys.... Jackson...

3. Teams still love Lamar Jackson

Lamar Jackson's popularity is continuing to rise. Rapidly.

Sources with teams that have interviewed the Louisville quarterback in the weeks after the combine tell B/R they have been impressed with his intelligence and football acumen.

The sources also believe the Patriots are the team most interested in Jackson.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eats-continues

Here's a similar report about him rising...

Kiper and McShay had similar thoughts on their recent podcast...thinking he goes in the 12-20 range.

I'm telling you guys.... Jackson...
    I'm all in on Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold, but if it includes next year's first they would strongly have to consider staying, keeping all their picks, and taking Jackson. The only reason why I'm considering this now is because I wouldn't want them to trade next year's pick and it ends up being number 1 overall or even a top-5 pick.

If it comes down to trading up for Allen, I would definitely want them to stay, keep their picks, and take Jackson.

Basically, I'm happy with Jackson as the fall back plan if they can't get Rosen, Mayfield, or Darnold.

So far the 2 teams we've heard like Jackson are the Steelers and Pat's. The 2 best run franchises. I would personally be extatic if we were able to stay at 12, keep our pick capital and get Jackson.
    The thing that I've noticed about having a mobile QB is you don't need to have the star power at WR. Cam, Vick mccnabb ect. have done well without the primadonna WR's.

So far the 2 teams we've heard like Jackson are the Steelers and Pat's. The 2 best run franchises. I would personally be extatic if we were able to stay at 12, keep our pick capital and get Jackson.
    The thing that I've noticed about having a mobile QB is you don't need to have the star power at WR. Cam, Vick mccnabb ect. have done well without the primadonna WR's.
    Vick came as close as possible to single-handedly leading a team to the Super Bowl when he brought the Falcons to the NFC championship game.

McNabb went to several championship games and a Super Bowl.

Cam Newton - Super Bowl.

Even Kaepernick went to a Super Bowl.

There are also multiple league MVP's among this group. Excluding Kaepernick, what if any of these guys had the necessary help? I get the old thinking of a "pocket QB," but with the exception of Kaepernick all of these guys solidified the position for their teams.

Bills 2018 opponents:

Home: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Chargers, Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets.

Away: Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets.

Trying to think about what our record would be like re: using our 2019 first rd pick in a trade.

Thinking we could be as bad as 4-12 or as good as 8-8

I think we could do much better than that. That schedule looks soft af. Also I feel like we finally have a good coach.

Sabers really went MIA eh? When I typed that "good coach" I was cringing thinking of sabers reply haha.

This forum is going to explode when we trade up to 2 and select Josh Allen.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast