Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 1,966 to 1,976 of 1976
    WOOOOOOOOOO
    Let’s win it this time boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    if the front office is so terrible, how do we have such an amazing set of talent? That's irony.
    jesus Christ... they have more resources than anyone … you are confusing what the situation is with what it should be … over $100 million wasted on Cuban scrubs when you factor in LT... we have to cut payroll this year because of idiotic signings by this FO...

Its sad that you can't see what a good GM would have done with the resources available to them.

What's sad is your blind hatred for anything related to the front office or the coaching staff. You use that to spin your own agenda. Do you think the Cubs FO and Coaches are idiots? You want to roll the clock back 4 or 5 years? Were we trending better then? We made huge acquistions at the trade deadline, and kept our prospects for the most part. Everyone wanted Machado - we got him. There isn't anyone on this board who thought replacing Forsythe with Dozier was a bad idea.

Our farm system is as strong as it has been in years. We have major league ready prospects, some who have played meaningful time this year. Seager back next year, Bellinger, Urias, Buehler, Verdugo. Pederson made nice improvements this year.
    Our cap situation has been a mess for years - the FO made a decision to rebuild while remaining competitive. That meant eating big contracts going back to the trade with Boston for A-Gon,Crawford, Beckett, etc. The Ethier and Kemp contracts were also horrific and pre-dated this FO. The big spends since have been resigning existing players. Do you think we shouldn't have signed Turner, Jansen? You think we didn't make a real effort to re-sign Greinke? Do you acknowledge any of the finds of the front office that were throw aways from other teams? Of course they miss on some players - every FO does.
    If we would have gone the Astros route and completely scrapped everything, you would have been crying even more than you do today.
    I'll take 6 division titles in a row, and two trips to the World Series. Seems like a pretty good record - or maybe it's just easy to get that far, right?

What's sad is your blind hatred for anything related to the front office or the coaching staff. You use that to spin your own agenda. Do you think the Cubs FO and Coaches are idiots? You want to roll the clock back 4 or 5 years? Were we trending better then? We made huge acquistions at the trade deadline, and kept our prospects for the most part. Everyone wanted Machado - we got him. There isn't anyone on this board who thought replacing Forsythe with Dozier was a bad idea.

Our farm system is as strong as it has been in years. We have major league ready prospects, some who have played meaningful time this year. Seager back next year, Bellinger, Urias, Buehler, Verdugo. Pederson made nice improvements this year.
    Our cap situation has been a mess for years - the FO made a decision to rebuild while remaining competitive. That meant eating big contracts going back to the trade with Boston for A-Gon,Crawford, Beckett, etc. The Ethier and Kemp contracts were also horrific and pre-dated this FO. The big spends since have been resigning existing players. Do you think we shouldn't have signed Turner, Jansen? You think we didn't make a real effort to re-sign Greinke? Do you acknowledge any of the finds of the front office that were throw aways from other teams? Of course they miss on some players - every FO does.
    If we would have gone the Astros route and completely scrapped everything, you would have been crying even more than you do today.
    I'll take 6 division titles in a row, and two trips to the World Series. Seems like a pretty good record - or maybe it's just easy to get that far, right?

You can’t talk sense to him.

$100M “wasted” in Cuba? Of that “wasted $100M” on Cuban players, we turned something like $28M of that into Alex Wood who only made $2.8M last year, $6M this year and still has one more year of team control. Hell, we could’ve wasted $130m on Cueto alone. Or we could’ve wasted $217M on David Price.

I wouldn’t even call them “mistakes”. This FO takes gambles on low risk, high reward players. Some gambles have higher stakes than others. Gambling on Cuban players didn’t pan out, but the costs for those players were relatively low. Chris Taylor only cost us Zach Lee. What did Max Muncy cost? Even Matt Kemp was a valuable contributor, and he was initially seen as a mutually beneficial salary swap.

But above all, the funniest, most ironic comment made by the one above whom I shall not name, is this idea that we have the talent to beat anybody, but that we had to slash payroll to get below the LT... isn’t that a good thing???
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post

You can’t talk sense to him.

$100M “wasted” in Cuba? Of that “wasted $100M” on Cuban players, we turned something like $28M of that into Alex Wood who only made $2.8M last year, $6M this year and still has one more year of team control. Hell, we could’ve wasted $130m on Cueto alone. Or we could’ve wasted $217M on David Price.

I wouldn’t even call them “mistakes”. This FO takes gambles on low risk, high reward players. Some gambles have higher stakes than others. Gambling on Cuban players didn’t pan out, but the costs for those players were relatively low. Chris Taylor only cost us Zach Lee. What did Max Muncy cost? Even Matt Kemp was a valuable contributor, and he was initially seen as a mutually beneficial salary swap.

But above all, the funniest, most ironic comment made by the one above whom I shall not name, is this idea that we have the talent to beat anybody, but that we had to slash payroll to get below the LT... isn’t that a good thing???
    Agreed. With all of the challenges this year, it is hard for me to understand how anyone could be so down on our current position. We are going to the World Series, for the second year in a row!!! How many teams could have survived the issues we had this year, and made it this far?

I really think we are going to have a tough time with Boston, but it's going to be a fun ride. This team continues to surprise everyone, and we've been underdogs before. Having their top two starters from the left side spells trouble for us in my opinion.

Agreed. With all of the challenges this year, it is hard for me to understand how anyone could be so down on our current position. We are going to the World Series, for the second year in a row!!! How many teams could have survived the issues we had this year, and made it this far?

I really think we are going to have a tough time with Boston, but it's going to be a fun ride. This team continues to surprise everyone, and we've been underdogs before. Having their top two starters from the left side spells trouble for us in my opinion.
    Yeah, I’m really looking forward to it. I think we Dodgers fans tend to lean towards the pessimistic side of our chances in this one, but I think it’s going to be very competitive. The Dodgers have the advantage on the infield and so much depth across the board. The Sox have the overall advantage in the outfield, though ours is pretty damn good too, and at DH.

I think we have the edge on SP, though I agree Sale will likely give us fits. Price too if he’s on again. I also think we have the better BP. Unless one team craps the bed, I think this is a 6-7 gamer waiting to happen. Like last year, I think it’s toss up.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

Chris Sale isn't going to do squat. Dude has a belly button ring, nuf said.

His belly button ring made his vageena get an infection.

And it destroyed his brand new red sox thong.

^^^

I always thought it was a bit of a bizarre and suspicious choice to hack up his jerseys pregame... now I’m starting to think that his belly button ring ripped a hole in his jersey and he was creating a diverting attention because he was embarrassed.

- Carl Sagan

Would have loved to get revenge against HOU but theres no other team/city id rather beat than Boston (or Yanks)