Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Has long as the Cavs have Lebron they're always gonna be the favorites in the East.
    In order for the Celtics to dethrone them, they need to get and stay healthy but if I was a betting man
    my money's on Toronto to make it to the Finals in the East.

No Kyrie equals no Finals for the Cavs.
    [/SIGPIC][/IMG]

this year might actually be tough, his team has fallen apart around him, and LeBron may no longer be capable of winning east series alone. That being said, it's still LeBron, so if I had to put money down, I would put it on the Cavs to win the east, because of LeBron James. He always seems to have another level in him.

Like it matters. GS will wipe the floor with whatever team comes out of the east anyways.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    The Raptors are a force. There are not two powerhouse teams in the NBA - Toronto statistically has every right to be in the same conversation as Houston and Golden State. Hopefully Kyle and Demar don't perform like their bums are puckered up like they have in the past.

It won't surprise me if the Cavs are in the ECF's though, the Celtics don't look like a team that can beat either with the injuries piling up.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    does anyone really believe GS won't flip the switch when the playoffs start? They don't give a **** about the regular season. Why would they?

We are 6 weeks removed from GS showing us all again they are the greatest team in history. At least that is my call..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I think, in the deeper rounds of the playoffs, Kyrie's value wll be missed. Bron's efficiency took a massive dip without Kyrie in the first GS finals. I think when defenses key on him, his efficiency is going to take a hit again. As much as people hate on Kyrie for over dribbling and taking contested shots in the past. Defenses respected him and game planned for him. Taking that away might be the difference for the Cavs. Maybe they get someone else to step up, or take turns stepping up. Maybe Love finally becomes the Robin he's truly capable of being, hard to count on it happening with the way Bron likes his big guys to camp outside the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    does anyone really believe GS won't flip the switch when the playoffs start? They don't give a **** about the regular season. Why would they?

We are 6 weeks removed from GS showing us all again they are the greatest team in history. At least that is my call..
    I think Houston has the pieces to keep up and the versatile defenders to play the same game. I'm not sure they have the same mental toughness and seasoned championship pedigree though. On paper I can see a Rox upset, but like you said the heat gets turned up the deeper we go into the playoffs/season.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I think Houston has the pieces to keep up and the versatile defenders to play the same game. I'm not sure they have the same mental toughness and seasoned championship pedigree though. On paper I can see a Rox upset, but like you said the heat gets turned up the deeper we go into the playoffs/season.
    2 things though

1- GS went 16-0 and demolished the west last year. Why is this not recognized?
    2- Houston, as great as they are, needs their 2 best players to do something they never have-not choke or underperform at some point in the playoffs

I just think people are hoping a team stands up to GS. The only team beating GS is themselves unfortunately, meaning, injuries..They are just so ****ing good.

No, I expect that as well. That wasn't really my point though. Things are what they are until they are not. My point was only that there are 3 teams that are smashing the league this season, not 2.

It could very well be Golden State/ Cleveland again. This is just the first time in years I would absolutely not be willing to put money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    No, I expect that as well. That wasn't really my point though. Things are what they are until they are not. My point was only that there are 3 teams that are smashing the league this season, not 2.

It could very well be Golden State/ Cleveland again. This is just the first time in years I would absolutely not be willing to put money on it.

oh sure, I agree. Toronto gets knocked down a peg by most due to history of their star players come playoff time, and that is fair. But it doesn't mean they haven't been a great team this year.

I would put money on GS/Cleveland without hesitation. Just wouldn't be that much haha

I would take the field over the Cavs at this point.

This team reminds me so much of that ‘09-‘10 Cavs team. Superhuman surrounded by a bunch of C+ players sans Love, and even he isn’t gonna be 100%. I can never come around to thinking the Raptors can knock off LeBron, but this year is the best chance they’re ever gonna have.

Doesn’t even really matter anyway. Whoever wins the West is winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    This team reminds me so much of that ‘09-‘10 Cavs team. Superhuman surrounded by a bunch of C+ players sans Love, and even he isn’t gonna be 100%. I can never come around to thinking the Raptors can knock off LeBron, but this year is the best chance they’re ever gonna have.

Doesn’t even really matter anyway. Whoever wins the West is winning it all.
    Exactly. Whoever is fighting for the East is settling for 2nd. No one would be happier to face the Rockets than LeBron, though. Who is stopping him? At least with Harden and CP3, you can still bet on the off-chance they choke. I'm not as confident Houston can beat Cavs as Warriors will. If the LeBron that played vs the Warriors in last year's Finals shows up, Cavs can win.

2 things though

1- GS went 16-0 and demolished the west last year. Why is this not recognized?
    2- Houston, as great as they are, needs their 2 best players to do something they never have-not choke or underperform at some point in the playoffs

I just think people are hoping a team stands up to GS. The only team beating GS is themselves unfortunately, meaning, injuries..They are just so ****ing good.
    Honestly talent wise and personnel Houston is there, it's not false hope. I just need more trust that cp and harden can handle the playoff pressure from the cf and finals. It will still be an upset like when the Cavs won, but there is a punchers chance. I don't think they are as invincible as i thought pre-season.

agree with the first part... can't agree to the bolded

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    agree with the first part... can't agree to the bolded
    I don't think any team can beat last year's Warriors other than Bird's Celtics 85-86. Bird would hold his own vs KD, Parish+McHale destroys that frontcourt, and though Johnson+Ainge aren't going to do anything vs Klay+Curry, that frontcourt would absolutely wreck Warriors a new booty. But any other team? I don't see it. 95-96 Bulls probably come to mind but they don't have the frontcourt pressure you will need to counter the Warriors. I mean, Rodman vs Draymond will be fun but you're going to need some inside presence. Peak LeBron and Kyrie and none of us really expected Cleveland to win. We're talking about two of the top 10 NBA players in the league right now and they basically had no chance.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast