Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who will be the better team in 5-10 yrs

The Browns or the Patriots? The Dolphins are likely to sign Danny Amendola, Dion Lewis, Butler and probably Nate Solider are likely gone.This is typical Patriots being cheap instead of signing guys they need they let them walk. If those guys leave this Patriots team is gonna suck *** next season. Well it was fun while it lasted. I say the Browns are gonna be the better team in 5-10 yrs once Brady and Belichick are gone which will probably happen sooner then later.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    The Browns or the Patriots? The Dolphins are likely to sign Danny Amendola, Dion Lewis, Butler and probably Nate Solider are likely gone.This is typical Patriots being cheap instead of signing guys they need they let them walk. If those guys leave this Patriots team is gonna suck *** next season. Well it was fun while it lasted. I say the Browns are gonna be the better team in 5-10 yrs once Brady and Belichick are gone which will probably happen sooner then later.

Got to stop posting day drunk, guy.

I doubt the cutting everyone to get under the cap Dolphins are going to sign 4 Patriots players.

It's Nate Solder. And those players leaving will have little impact on the Patriots, as most of them are not good.

No one will know if the Pats will be good after Brady until they draft his replacement and see how he does.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

3. 03-13-2018, 02:45 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

4. 03-13-2018, 02:48 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Got to stop posting day drunk, guy.

I doubt the cutting everyone to get under the cap Dolphins are going to sign 4 Patriots players.

It's Nate Solder. And those players leaving will have little impact on the Patriots, as most of them are not good.

No one will know if the Pats will be good after Brady until they draft his replacement and see how he does.
    LOL I don't drink. This team won't be that good next season I would be shocked if they finish 6-10? or 8-8. For once would it kill this team to open the wallet and offer a big contract? Oh I don't believe the Dolphins are gonna sign all 4 guys was just saying all 4 will most likely sign with another team/s. Sorry for the mixup.

LOL I don't drink. This team won't be that good next season I would be shocked if they finish 6-10? or 8-8. For once would it kill this team to open the wallet and offer a big contract? Oh I don't believe the Dolphins are gonna sign all 4 guys was just saying all 4 will most likely sign with another team/s. Sorry for the mixup.
    Maybe keep to one topic per sentence then to avoid the appearance of drunkenness.

I'm not sure how the Pats improving at all the positions you listed losing FAs at is going to hurt their record.

Since you seem to be unaware, regarding your comment about big contracts, the Pats went out and signed Gilmore last year to a $65M contract, which makes him the 7th highest paid CB currently.

They also acquired Cooks last year and with Edelman coming back from injury, I don't think it will hurt at all to lose their 5th best receiver in Amendola.

They are hurting a bit at RB, but I'm sure they'll take a look at Stewart and Murray, either of whom would be a big upgrade over Lewis. I'd expect they'd try to draft a guy there, maybe.

Solder was pretty bad in the playoffs, as Brady had his pocket disrupted a lot more than usual. The Pats have always drafted OL guys and hung onto them for a while. Seems time to get the next one of those.
    First 4 years:

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Browns will own the AFC in the 2020's.
    The Baker is coming.

Maybe keep to one topic per sentence then to avoid the appearance of drunkenness.

I'm not sure how the Pats improving at all the positions you listed losing FAs at is going to hurt their record.

Since you seem to be unaware, regarding your comment about big contracts, the Pats went out and signed Gilmore last year to a $65M contract, which makes him the 7th highest paid CB currently.
    I'm still not sold on Gilmore and he struggled a bit
    They also acquired Cooks last year and with Edelman coming back from injury, I don't think it will hurt at all to lose their 5th best receiver in Amendola.
    Cooks will be washed up in two yrs
    They are hurting a bit at RB, but I'm sure they'll take a look at Stewart and Murray, either of whom would be a big upgrade over Lewis. I'd expect they'd try to draft a guy there, maybe.
    Those guys aren't gonna wanna come here Unless its for a big contract.

Solder was pretty bad in the playoffs, as Brady had his pocket disrupted a lot more than usual. The Pats have always drafted OL guys and hung onto them for a while. Seems time to get the next one of those.
    I give this a 20-25% chance he resigns.

I'm still not sold on Gilmore and he struggled a bit

Cooks will be washed up in two yrs

Those guys aren't gonna wanna come here Unless its for a big contract.

I give this a 20-25% chance he resigns.
    Whether or not you think Gilmore struggled has nothing to do with the fact that the Pats paid a big contract (which you claimed they do not do).

Cooks may be washed up in two years, but Amendola is washed up now.

I doubt 30 yr old RBs looking for a last shot at a ring are going to demand big contracts.

Solder probably isn't re-signing, so I'll agree with you 20%-25% chance comment.
    First 4 years:

-Scott van Pelt

It's hard to predict the NFL one year in advance, so 5-10 years is pretty much impossible.

Belichick could still be able to find another QB like Garoppolo to take over for Brady as he had planned. If that happens then the Patriots could still be good without Belichick because he built a heck of an organization.

I like the Browns' moves very much but they still need to hit on a QB in the draft for the recent strategy to have any effect 5-10 years from now. They might win 9 games with Taylor next season though.

11. 03-13-2018, 03:47 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's hard to predict the NFL one year in advance, so 5-10 years is pretty much impossible.

Belichick could still be able to find another QB like Garoppolo to take over for Brady as he had planned. If that happens then the Patriots could still be good without Belichick because he built a heck of an organization.

I like the Browns' moves very much but they still need to hit on a QB in the draft for the recent strategy to have any effect 5-10 years from now. They might win 9 games with Taylor next season though.
    I don't even think BB will be there in 5-10 years tbh

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Is this srs?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I don't either. I'm just saying it's not a guarantee the Patriots will suck in the future.

Whether or not you think Gilmore struggled has nothing to do with the fact that the Pats paid a big contract (which you claimed they do not do).

Cooks may be washed up in two years, but Amendola is washed up now.

I doubt 30 yr old RBs looking for a last shot at a ring are going to demand big contracts.

Solder probably isn't re-signing, so I'll agree with you 20%-25% chance comment.
    Just because a team and a player agree to a big contract doesn't mean that player will be good.
    I'd rather have Amendola then Cooks for the next 4 or 5 yrs then Cooks for the next 2 of 3.
    As for the 30 something RBs I don't see them playing for less then either 3 or 5 yr contracts around the
    $1.6-2.5 million in total money.
    Last edited by BSF101; 03-13-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I won't be surprised if the Patriots struggle in the next 2-3 yrs and Bill ends up coaching the 49ers
    to a SB win. Now, will this happen probably not but once Brady goes no one wants to see Brian Hoyer takeover as QB. I'm not picking on the guy but he's a Backup at best.

I won't be surprised if the Patriots struggle in the next 2-3 yrs and Bill ends up coaching the 49ers
    to a SB win. Now, will this happen probably not but once Brady goes no one wants to see Brian Hoyer takeover as QB. I'm not picking on the guy but he's a Backup at best.
    Why would Kyle Shanahan lose his job in the next 2-3 years? The team is set up to be successful over that time span.

If Belichick leaves for another team, I'd say most likely it's the Giants with Shurmur being one-and-done.

Just because a team and a player agree to a big contract doesn't mean that player will be good.
    I'm just going to let you argue with yourself here.

This is typical Patriots being cheap instead of signing guys they need
    For once would it kill this team to open the wallet and offer a big contract?
    First 4 years:

-Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast