Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    10m10 minutes ago

From earlier: Kirk Cousins got a 3-year, $86M or so fully guaranteed offer that he’ll likely sign after visiting the #Vikings. They believe they’ve got him.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Kirk Cousins to Vikings

PROCESSING

I don't think they win the super bowl with him, but qbs get overpaid, it is what it is.

Great news. Sign Teddy, trade up

Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    Great news. Sign Teddy, trade up
    Signing Teddy is absolutely the right move by the Jets.

A fully guaranteed contract? This could spell doom for the rest of the NFL.
    A 3 year deal means his contract is up just in time for the new CBA.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Aaron Rodgers is getting 100 million fully guaranteed. Kirk Cousnins just got 84.

Could have had the same QB for a lot less.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Fully guaranteed? Wow

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yeah this is the NFL's worst nightmare. If more QBs start getting fully guaranteed deals (which seems likely if they can use this one for leverage) it could steamroll to fully guaranteed contracts for a number of players.
    It's very dependent on the years. A 3 year fully guaranteed really isn't that terrible. You start getting into lengthier deals with full guarantees and then you have problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    A fully guaranteed contract? This could spell doom for the rest of the NFL.
    A 3 year deal means his contract is up just in time for the new CBA.
    Yeah this is the NFL's worst nightmare. If more QBs start getting fully guaranteed deals (which seems likely if they can use this one for leverage) it could steamroll to fully guaranteed contracts for a number of players.

That's a lot of $$$

So disgusted with the Vikings. This is why we’ll never win ****. Rick speilman is a *******.
    This move is gonna cripple is when it comes to signing our key defensive players.

He hasn't missed a game since taking over as a starter in 2014, so fully guaranteed is a reasonable risk. I don't like it, but I'd have to see numbers before calling the overall contract bad for signing key players ongoing.

Now, when it comes out that he's getting a huge chunk of it upfront, a different set of people will yap about it just like they did with Garappollo's contract....but the Vikings don't have huge contracts to upgrade until next year, when guys like Diggs and Kendricks are due new deals.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    So disgusted with the Vikings. This is why we’ll never win ****. Rick speilman is a *******.
    This move is gonna cripple is when it comes to signing our key defensive players.
    Win now

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast