Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Julius Randle: Will the Lakers keep him? If not, what team signs him?

So, I've been curious about Randle's future for a while now. Most of the Lakers fanbase here and abroad seem to be anti-Randle, but I've always liked him. Just this last game, he dropped 36 and 15 against the Cavaliers. His numbers have flipped in some categories...

2017 vs 2018
    Shooting: 48%/56%
    Rebounding: 8.6pg/7.7pg
    Assisting: 3.6pg/2.5pg
    Free throw attempting: 3.8pg/4.7pg

His steals and blocks are basically the same, free throw shooting, turnovers, etc. My question is, after trading away Larry Nance, and there not really being a lot of PFs available this summer in free agency, will the Lakers keep him do you think? If they let him go, what team do you think would benefit from signing him?

https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/12/ju...contract-sign/
    https://lakeshowlife.com/2018/03/08/...8-free-agency/

The Lakers also have Kyle Kuzma, but comparitvely, he grabs about two less rebounds and plays 5 more minutes per game. We all know Kuzma is a sharpshooter unlike Randle, but he shoots worse at 44% overall and 36% from 3PT range. He averages less assists and less free throw attempts. In today's NBA, maybe the Lakers can get away with Kuzma at the 4, but they will need some guys off the bench since they're clearly not playing Frye much and definitely not Deng.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...randlju01.html
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...kuzmaky01.html

So maybe the Lakers keep Randle and keep bouncing Kuzma at both positions, but I have yet to see any reports that echo this sentiment.

Lakers fans acted like 11/10 grows on trees... he is their best player by far but if he wants like 4-80 you let him walk... good player but his potential is limited.

16-18 mil 4 years with the last year as player option

Good players on bad teams aren't worth that kind of contract. And he can't shoot from three at all.

With or without the Lakers he'll probably be overpaid even though he is a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Lakers fans acted like 11/10 grows on trees... he is their best player by far but if he wants like 4-80 you let him walk... good player but his potential is limited.
    LMFAO

posts like this are affirmation of your low BBIQ

If Dallas ends up picking in the 7-10 range in the draft (Mikal Bridges) I could see them targeting Randle to fill that PF spot. Also donít be surprised if Nerlens is retained by the Mavs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If Dallas ends up picking in the 7-10 range in the draft (Mikal Bridges) I could see them targeting Randle to fill that PF spot. Also donít be surprised if Nerlens is retained by the Mavs as well.
    of course... you guys have killed his value ... why not sign him to a favorable deal at this point

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    That's the funny thing. I feel like they do. Knicks have a guy Luke Kornet. First game of his NBA Career 11 points 10 rebounds. He basically hasn't played since. Even if an NBA team starts it's 8-9-10-11-12th best players someone still has to get the stats.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    That's the funny thing. I feel like they do. Knicks have a guy Luke Kornet. First game of his NBA Career 11 points 10 rebounds. He basically hasn't played since. Even if an NBA team starts it's 8-9-10-11-12th best players someone still has to get the stats.
    what is even funnier is you two are talking apples and oranges MTM is impressed by the 11/10 and you aren't yet your hate for the Lakers is so palpable you will even want to agree when you disagree...

now that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    LMFAO

posts like this are affirmation of your low BBIQ

what is even funnier is you two are talking apples and oranges MTM is impressed by the 11/10 and you aren't yet your hate for the Lakers is so palpable you will even want to agree when you disagree...

now that is funny
    Lolz get em!

now that is funny
    Your post makes no sense. He is impressed by 11/10. I'm not impressed by hollow stats. Then you reference my lakers hate? You must have fallen off that tree where these double doubles grow on bc I like the Lakers.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Your post makes no sense. He is impressed by 11/10. I'm not impressed by hollow stats. Then you reference my lakers hate? You must have fallen off that tree where these double doubles grow on bc I like the Lakers.
    LOLOLOLOL

my post stands and your two positions on the matter are quite clear and diametrically opposed....

Randle took a big leap forward offensively this year. That could be improvement or it could be an aberration. I don't like to pay players who are suddenly good in contract years.

Also, just looking at this thread affirms why Lakers fans have a reputation. Literally nothing of value added to the conversation outside of Kobe.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast