Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    To me there is nobody with a chance sadly. Injury is the best chance.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    It's not a crazy amount of time (or lack there of) to be honest. This is not a Cavs situation where a team under fire just trades away everyone and tries to revamp mid-season. That's a **** show. You're simply adding a KNOWN piece that has already fit into said system and dominated (one of the best in the game, at that... and as is they have essentially the same record as the Cavs). I'm telling you, it's a nightmare situation for the Warriors/Rockets if they have to face the Spurs in round 1 (well, nightmare for both teams).
    True.. I just hope Aldridge doesn't fall off. They need him to be the same player he's been.

But yea you're right, nightmare situation for all parties indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    True.. I just hope Aldridge doesn't fall off. They need him to be the same player he's been.

But yea you're right, nightmare situation for all parties indeed.
    Bears mentioning though, after the Spurs lose tonight (and they will very likely lose tonight with a rested Harden), they're tied with the Clips and Nuggets for the 9/10 seed. They are far from a lock to even make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is there? The OP specifically says the chance so of this happening are 5%.

The Warriors are still the best team in the league and favorites to win vs anyone, even the Rockets.
    Hehe ... 5% is infinitely more than the 0% most were giving before, and the 5% was for the Warriors OR the Rockets to lose before the conference finals, which is not the same thing as just the Warriors losing. The odds of one or the other losing is FAR higher.

Bears mentioning though, after the Spurs lose tonight (and they will very likely lose tonight with a rested Harden), they're tied with the Clips and Nuggets for the 9/10 seed. They are far from a lock to even make the playoffs.
    Yup, absolutely. They'll have to play with some urgency down the stretch. Uncharted territory for the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Hehe ... 5% is infinitely more than the 0% most were giving before, and the 5% was for the Warriors OR the Rockets to lose before the conference finals, which is not the same thing as just the Warriors losing. The odds of one or the other losing is FAR higher.
    I just threw 5% out there. I have clearly demonstrated that I am far from an intellectual poster, so maybe you should edit it to whatever you think is accurate.

Yup, absolutely. They'll have to play with some urgency down the stretch. Uncharted territory for the franchise
    I'm following closely and somewhat reluctantly rooting for them because I think this has the potential to be the most stacked playoffs in history on the Western side. I think they get there, but yeah, it's a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Actually statistically the odds of saying only the Warriors will lose before the WCF is lower than saying "Either the Rockets or the Warriors will lose before the WCF" because you are cutting the number of teams that could lose in half. The odds of one of 2 teams losing is higher than the odds of only one of them losing.

And as the OP said, 5% was not an official percentage, he was clearly annotating that the chances of either losing before the WCF is remote, so remote in fact he actually clarified his position:

Alright. Maybe I should have phrased it "who can push a series to 6/7"?"

Bottom line: even the guy you're saying is giving someone a chance of beating the Warriors doesn't seem to give anyone much of a chance of beating the Warriors (besides the Rockets).

The idea that a bunch of people were adamant the Warriors couldn't be beaten and are suddenly taking the proposition seriously is just a flawed premise, the vast majority of NBA fans (and oddsmakers, etc.) still have the Warriors as the best team in the league and the odds on favorite to win the title.

I think people forget just how good the Spurs have been the last couple years (67 and 61 games won respectively) because of the turrible shell of themselves they've been this year, with Kawhi being our of course and a bunch of other injuries. These guys were pretty darn good, and record wise last year they were at 51-14 at this time, which is right on par with what Houston/GS are doing.

14 games (if Kawhi returns Thursday) is a super small time to get acclimated and gel, but anything is possible; especially if he can get back to that MVP level play in about a months time. It's also important that they have no more B2B's scheduled, so that could mean (barring no setbacks) he should/could be penciled in for all remaining games.

Nothing like a little urgency to get into the playoffs. It's usually rest time the last week or so for these guys.
    I feel age is a factor this year too. Those legendary Geezers decline a bit each year, it seems like the youngest geezer in Parker is having the biggest decline. I guess he is more reliant on athleticism vs. Pau and Manu.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I feel age is a factor this year too. Those legendary Geezers decline a bit each year, it seems like the youngest geezer in Parker is having the biggest decline. I guess he is more reliant on athleticism vs. Pau and Manu.
    Parker has been better in his role off the bench. Going against backups is definitely advantageous for him at this point. He'll have some flashes against elite guys, but it's best for him now.

Those are really the 3 oldest guys, and aren't relied as heavily. It's all about LMA/Kawhi and to a lesser degree, what kind of jump Murray can make. Mills/Green/Bertans are other guys who need to knock down their looks. 3 point shooting has been an issue, and it's not that surprising with Kawhi out, cause he draws a lot of attention.

The elephant in the room is the Spurs adding a top 3 player in the NBA next week. A team that had Golden state reeling in the 20 minutes he has played against them in the playoffs. OKC isn't going to beat either team. The Spurs are a team that will likely be a 7 or 8 seed (if they make the playoffs), and that is a nightmare situation. The Pels are a flash in the pan. The Blazers are a super fun team but they are definitely not beating either squad if they're healthy.
    I just peeped this. Kawhi is above Durant for you? Interesting. You don't seem to like Durant very much.
    The Baker is coming.

Spurs if Kawhi comes back and plays at like 80% (which should be at an all star level still).

If Butler comes back healthy enough, I'd give it to the Wolves after the Spurs.

San Antonio. A healthy Spurs team won 67 last year, and they're getting Kawhi back soon enough, so the rust might be gone come playoff time. In addition, there's a good chance that they are a lower seed too, and will end up with 6-8th. They also have the experience to knock out Hoston or GSW. It's nuts, but I'd be really worried if I'm one of the two teams if I get them in the first round

Other teams that I could think could cause problems are Portland (Liliard steps his game up against elite PGs/teams, so you know he'd be gunning for Steph and Paul), Minnesota (particularly for GS) and the Rockets themselves (Chris Paul in particular, cause I think that the others would come to play.
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Healthy spurs and a hot Pels/Blazers team can definitely upset either team.

Blazers will get smacked. I am not assuming health for sas so gotta be OKC. Westy and PG are elite players and they just need a few hot role player games.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast