Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Teams most likely to screw up GSW vs. HOU WCF

Alright. I acknowledge there's probably a 5% chance this isn't the wcf finals. But which of the remaining 6 could take down either Houston or GSW as is.. Not assuming health per se.

Anyone think any other team has a shot of upsetting these two?

HOU and GSW are in a league of their own tbh. The only team i'd even give a slight chance of scaring either of them is OKC, nobody else. HOU and GSW are in a completely different tier.

We match up well vs the Warriors but I don't see us beating the Rockets at all. They're just better equipped.

Harden>Westbrook
    CP3 = PG?
    Capela = Adams

And then the shooting just puts the nail in the coffin. Rockets are just loaded and I think we're like one of the worst three point defenders in the league. Honestly, I'm not sure we can even get to the Warriors unless we end up in the 7th seed. We'll definitely lose to the Rockets in 5-6. I'd give Minny the next best chance. They got Butler/KAT and if Wiggins/Teague can give the team around 35-40 points, it should be enough to win a few games. But I think people still haven't given the Rockets enough credit. For all the talk about their playoffs struggles, you can't deny that they are a total animal of a squad this regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    HOU and GSW are in a league of their own tbh. The only team i'd even give a slight chance of scaring either of them is OKC, nobody else. HOU and GSW are in a completely different tier.
    Alright. Maybe I should have phrased it "who can push a series to 6/7"?"

So, when I said early in the offseason that the Warriors could be beaten people were so quick to say there was no chance the Warriors lose. Now suddenly there is a chance ... any team can lose and some team usually does lose when favored, even heavily favored.

At this point we don't even know who will make the playoffs, let alone what their health will be like in the playoffs ... tough to predict when there is so much we don't know.

The elephant in the room is the Spurs adding a top 3 player in the NBA next week. A team that had Golden state reeling in the 20 minutes he has played against them in the playoffs. OKC isn't going to beat either team. The Spurs are a team that will likely be a 7 or 8 seed (if they make the playoffs), and that is a nightmare situation. The Pels are a flash in the pan. The Blazers are a super fun team but they are definitely not beating either squad if they're healthy.
    Last edited by tredigs; 03-12-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So, when I said early in the offseason that the Warriors could be beaten people were so quick to say there was no chance the Warriors lose. Now suddenly there is a chance ... any team can lose and some team usually does lose when favored, even heavily favored.

At this point we don't even know who will make the playoffs, let alone what their health will be like in the playoffs ... tough to predict when there is so much we don't know.
    We're just talking about the Rockets, though. And most of the discussion is based off hype. I'd imagine if we fast-forward two months later, we'll be having a different conversation. Can the Rockets beat the Warriors? Yes. But my intuition is I hope the Rockets can give the Warriors a run for their money because I'm not willing to believe that the NBA is ruined in terms of competition. Health is obviously a big issue but CP3 hasn't exactly been one of the healthiest PG's come late in the season. Dude somehow has some lingering issues that comes out of nowhere. I don't see any other team. Spurs with Kawhi? Maybe. Depends on how quick he gets back into action but then you also have guys like Pau+Gay who have missed significant time.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is there? The OP specifically says the chance so of this happening are 5%.

The Warriors are still the best team in the league and favorites to win vs anyone, even the Rockets.
    For the Rockets to beat the Warriors, everything has to be perfect.

For the Warriors to beat the Rockets, they just need to play above average.

I think we're all just hyping the Rockets up because we know they are the only chance at beating the Warriors. It's nice to have faith. I'm sure the Rockets have gained so many more new fans since Cavs don't look like they have a shot at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

The Warriors are still the best team in the league and favorites to win vs anyone, even the Rockets.

Spurs

Mayyybe Pels and Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

5% was just a guess. Maybe I'm off. But that's only if Kawhi /lma, or Dame /cj, or russ /pg play a near perfect series both offensively and defensively

Truly the most likely upset to me is a healthy Spurs with Kawhi upsetting the Rockets. But, I still don't see it happening. Those two squads are just above the grid right now. It's going to take injury to take them down before they face each other.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I think people forget just how good the Spurs have been the last couple years (67 and 61 games won respectively) because of the turrible shell of themselves they've been this year, with Kawhi being our of course and a bunch of other injuries. These guys were pretty darn good, and record wise last year they were at 51-14 at this time, which is right on par with what Houston/GS are doing.

14 games (if Kawhi returns Thursday) is a super small time to get acclimated and gel, but anything is possible; especially if he can get back to that MVP level play in about a months time. It's also important that they have no more B2B's scheduled, so that could mean (barring no setbacks) he should/could be penciled in for all remaining games.

Nothing like a little urgency to get into the playoffs. It's usually rest time the last week or so for these guys.
    Kawhi's a game changer no doubt

I think people forget just how good the Spurs have been the last couple years (67 and 61 games won respectively) because of the turrible shell of themselves they've been this year, with Kawhi being our of course and a bunch of other injuries. These guys were pretty darn good, and record wise last year they were at 51-14 at this time, which is right on par with what Houston/GS are doing.

14 games (if Kawhi returns Thursday) is a super small time to get acclimated and gel, but anything is possible; especially if he can get back to that MVP level play in about a months time. It's also important that they have no more B2B's scheduled, so that could mean (barring no setbacks) he should/could be penciled in for all remaining games.

Nothing like a little urgency to get into the playoffs. It's usually rest time the last week or so for these guys.
    Last edited by kdspurman; 03-12-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I think people forget just how good the Spurs have been the last couple years (67 and 61 games won respectively) because of the turrible shell of themselves they've been this year, with Kawhi being our of course and a bunch of other injuries.

14 games (if Kawhi returns Thursday) is a super small time to get acclimated and gel, but anything is possible, if he can get back to that MVP level play in about a months time. It's also important that they have no more B2B's scheduled, so that could mean (barring no setbacks) he should be penciled in for all remaining games.

It's not a crazy amount of time (or lack there of) to be honest. This is not a Cavs situation where a team under fire just trades away everyone and tries to revamp mid-season. That's a **** show. You're simply adding a KNOWN piece that has already fit into said system and dominated (one of the best in the game, at that... and as is they have essentially the same record as the Cavs). I'm telling you, it's a nightmare situation for the Warriors/Rockets if they have to face the Spurs in round 1 (well, nightmare for both teams).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast