Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This team can't seem to catch a freaking break

Brown is out with a concussion

Irving out for weeks with a left knee soreness

Theis out indefinitely

Smart now out indefinitely with a torn tendon in thumb

I don't want to jump to the conclusion here but we're done. They won't get passed
    Toronto or Cleveland. We're looking at a Cavs vs Toronto ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Brown is out with a concussion

Irving out for weeks with a left knee soreness

Theis out indefinitely

Smart now out indefinitely with a torn tendon in thumb

I don't want to jump to the conclusion here but we're done. They won't get passed
    Toronto or Cleveland. We're looking at a Cavs vs Toronto ECF.
    That is really negative IMO....

All of the guys mentioned above should be healthy for the playoffs.

This team has overachieved all year...I expect them to advance to at least the second round but honestly I think Eastern Conference finals is a possibility.

Hopefully we can avoid Cleveland in the second round. I like our chances in a matchup against Indy and if everybody is healthy I also like our chances against Toronto.

Kyrie just needs a week to rest....brown will be back in a week or so also and so will Theis. The guy I am most worried about is Smart. He could be looking at an extended absence but I expect him to be back by playoffs.

We'll be ok.

The thing I am most bummed about is Gordon Haywards sudden lack of progress. In December/early January is appeared he had been recovering very quickly but in the past 2 months that progress has seemed to slow to a point where it would take a miracle for him to play this season. Right now it is March 12 and he can not run without a harness/full weight bearing. If he does progress to that he would then need lateral movements, get in basketball shape and such...so far away.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    That is really negative IMO....

All of the guys mentioned above should be healthy for the playoffs.

This team has overachieved all year...I expect them to advance to at least the second round but honestly I think Eastern Conference finals is a possibility.

Hopefully we can avoid Cleveland in the second round. I like our chances in a matchup against Indy and if everybody is healthy I also like our chances against Toronto.

Kyrie just needs a week to rest....brown will be back in a week or so also and so will Theis. The guy I am most worried about is Smart. He could be looking at an extended absence but I expect him to be back by playoffs.

We'll be ok.

The thing I am most bummed about is Gordon Haywards sudden lack of progress. In December/early January is appeared he had been recovering very quickly but in the past 2 months that progress has seemed to slow to a point where it would take a miracle for him to play this season. Right now it is March 12 and he can not run without a harness/full weight bearing. If he does progress to that he would then need lateral movements, get in basketball shape and such...so far away.
    I just can't see Us getting passed Toronto in the first round I'll be shocked if we win 1 or 2 games against them.
    Lebron would have a cakewalk. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Cavs vs GS again or Toronto vs Houston.

Theis out for year with torn meniscus....I was wrong about him. Brad downplayed the injury in his post game presser.
    El Presidente

Although not huge stats his contributions...especially of late were huge! Monroe will need to step up.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Monroe will need to step up.
    If there's ever a time that his signing needs to come to fruition, it's now... He's capable, but is he capable in Stevens offense and defense...??? Hopefully he is ready to contribute...
    Last edited by Forever35; 03-13-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    If there's ever a time that his signing needs to come to fruition, it's now... He's capable, but is he capable in Stevens offense and defense...??? Hopefully he is ready to contribute...
    Monroe has always struck me as a little dumb. My guess is he is just learning the offense and that his time will come.
    El Presidente

I'd slowly shutdown Horford also... Need AL, Kyrie and JB at full health if they want a chance in the East...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

I'd slowly shutdown Horford also... Need AL, Kyrie and JB at full health if they want a chance in the East...
    He just missed a couple of game and a few practices for being sick. They will rest him down the stretch. More I look at east standings I bet we just settle for the 2 spot especially if Cleveland falls to the 4 spot in the standings.
    El Presidente

This ^. I agree with rather we finish in first or second place just want Us to get and stay healthy.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=504870

He wasn't going to come back anyway and he has plenty of time to keep rehabbing, but damn...

Reggie Lewis

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=504910

And the hits just keep on coming...

Reggie Lewis

Monroe isn't dumb, he's just used to being used in limited ways - because he's limited.

If I didn't know who he is I'd say he's 33 years old, and on the way down based on his body.

If we go after him next year he's got to be put on a diet, agility, stretching program.

Glad we didn't go all in for this year at the deadline. With no Hayward we were undermanned to win it all, even if everything went right otherwise. With our two best players carrying pianos of different size/types, our manic defender/6th man probably out for the year and Theis out for the whole year (I just had a piece of floating meniscus removed from my right knee yesterday -nowhere near as bad as a tear which I had many years ago)

I doubt we win the ECF given what we will have to work with.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Smart will have surgery on his thumb...

Reggie Lewis

^ yeah, that helps.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast