1B Bird
    2B Walker
    3B Drury
    SS Didi
    LF Gardner
    CF Hicks
    RF Judge
    DH Stanton

Hicks and Bird have shown flashes but not consistent. Drury is semi-proven... not as a great player but someone who is good enough to hit in the bottom of lineup at least. The other 6 I think are pretty established.

Behind them we have Adam Lind who's a good bench player. Ellsbury is way overpaid but I'd say he's a very solid 4th OF if you just look at how good he is and ignore that he's grossly overpaid. Wade snuck onto top 100 lists last year. Andujar/Frazier/Torres are all top prospects. Billy McKinney is an OF with bench player potential that's learning 1B. Torreyes was a fine enough utility guy last year.

I'd love if we could find a backup catcher though.That's the only spot I'd say we're bad at.
    It's too bad they didn't land Lucroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's too bad they didn't land Lucroy.
    Yeah he would have been awesome but I feel that's aiming too high. Not sure he'd accept a pure backup role like that.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

As a guy who saw Walker for the last two years with the Mets, donít worry the dude is Mr. Glass all of a sudden, so Andujar will get to play sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Yeah he would have been awesome but I feel that's aiming too high. Not sure he'd accept a pure backup role like that.
    He'd still get 500 PA and a chance to win

With the rotating DH PA's etc.

He could start 50 games at catcher. Sanchez starts 110, and gets to DH for another 30. Lucroy could get another 40 games between DH/1B, and then be an often used bench bat, on a contending/first place team.

Every player has their own motivations, but I'd rather do that then catch 130 games in Oakland and be traded at the deadline.

Though, I think he is dead set on being an everyday catcher anywhere he plays.

If somehow he stays healthy, which even if he doesnít, itís 4M, heíll give some extra time for Gleyber down in AAA, and if Gleyber is ready by June/July, and Walker is healthy and putting up decent numbers, the Yankees can easily just trade him and possibly pick up some decent pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no legit reason the Brewers shouldn't have re-signed Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by long ball View Post
    There's no legit reason the Brewers shouldn't have re-signed Walker.
    Agreed

The Cain signing only makes sense if there were additional moves coming to improve the rotation and infield depth.

The silence since the Cain and Yelich additions is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Agreed

The Cain signing only makes sense if there were additional moves coming to improve the rotation and infield depth.

The silence since the Cain and Yelich additions is odd.
    As weird as it sounds, I have more faith in the pitching staff than I do the 2b situation.

At least Anderson, Davies, Suter and Chacin we good last year. We can dream on a useful innings from Miley, Guerra, Woodruff, Wilkerson, and maybe Nelson once he returns. The bullpen should be pretty good too.

Sogard has never been a good hitter. Perez isn't much of a stick either, but his positional flexibility makes him a useful bench piece since he can run into one now and again. As we saw last year, Villar's floor is very low.

The Brewers would have had no problem getting Walker 450-500 PAs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12